Firstly my apologies for the lateness of this review. We stayed there back in June in an Ocean Pool Villa for 6 great nights. From the time we arrived at the waiting area in Samui for the transfer over to Rasananda we could not fault anything. The crossing over in the resorts boat was quite rough with choppy seas but not once did we feel insecure during the crossing. The person in control masterfully powered on and off to get through the chop and make the trip as comfortable as possible.
Staff were waiting on the beach to greet us soon as we arrived and we were handled fairly quickly and transferred to our room. I have read other reviews about some rooms having lack of sun to their pool but the villa were in was great and had plenty of sunshine. The room was well presented and all features were explained. I remember that the second day we were there we had a problem with an internal door that locked and could unlock it. Within 10 minutes of a call to reception we had a maintenance person down to fix.
Reserved lounges on the beach were a nice touch as was the cocktail drinks one night with the management team. The breakfasts were good with a combination of buffet and a la carte eggs etc also loved the coffee from the coffee machine at breakfast so good to be able to get a larte or cappuccino. We mixed our dinners between a couple of restaurants in the nearby village and dinners at the resort. I have read elsewhere those who have said in their reviews that the resort is over priced for dinner, but have to disagree. Yes it is more than in the village, but the quality and service is excellent.
Beach is fantastic with soft sand and loved the happy hour round the pool bar in the afternoon. We were approached a number of times by food and beverage managers seeking feedback, taking a very proactive approach. Before we left Australia there were a few reports on staff turnover and new staff not trained properly. I went to the gym upstairs most days and when on the treadmill I usually saw staff meetings taking place across in the next building upstairs or staff training being done. It is apparent that they are investing in staff to make sure that they achieve the right level of training. The gym although small was well equipped with a fridge with cold water in after the work out.
There was a wedding there during our stay and the detail that they went to and communication to guests was very good.
We used she spa when we were there and the attention provided by the staff and ambience of the resorts spa was very good.
The checkout process was well handled and the labeling of luggage to our next point of stay back in Samui was well done. Hardest part was waving goodbye as our boat departed.
Mark thank you to you and your team , sorry that I took so long to do a review, I thought that I had done one when I did one for the Anantara Bophut, but recently realised that I hadn't
We loved the place so much am about to make a booking to go back next June so only about 240 days to go................can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan