We visited Koh Phangan on our Honeymoon as the second stop. Our trip consisted of 6 nights Koh Samui, 6 night Koh Phangan and 4 night Bangkok.
I must say Rasananda in Koh Phangan tops it all.
We booked our package holiday through an Agency and I’m glad we did as we got a lot of freebies along with our package one of which was a free upgrade to the Ocean Pool Villa.
Getting to the hotel:
The boat trip from Koh Samui to Koh Phangnan was quick and comfy and it docks straight on the beach where the hotel is located.
We were given a very warm welcome along with a welcome drink. After a quick introduction to the hotel facilities we were taken to our room and WOW!!! When I say room I meant an actual Villa.
Hotel room/ Villa:
It consisted of a very big bedroom with Apple TV, Flat screen TV, An absolute beautiful decoration on our bed along with a free complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. A small bar and a work desk. Then there was a walk sizable in closet and big bath room Outside we had another shower, table and chairs our own pool facing the beach/ocean and another double bed under a canopy facing the pool and beach. Best of all was that we could actually walk straight to the beach without ever getting out of our villa. Also we had 2 deck chairs reserved for us.
Also a plus is that the in room bar had complimentary Vodka, Gin and Whiskey which were topped up for free every night that’s was a big benefit especially when most of your time is spent in your own villa.
The food in the hotel is excellent. Breakfast had anything you can think of and dinner was always based on a different theme. We also went out in the village to try out some local restaurants which were s also good and very cheap.
The hotel Staff were some of the best staff I have ever encountered. Very warm, helpful and will go the extra mile to make your holiday a dream come through.
They even make a weekly free cocktail party with finger food and free wine, beers and cocktails where you get too meet all the hotel managers.
Tony Wrigley who I believe to be either the Head Chef or food and beverage manager, (not sure) was extremely helpful. He gave us a list of things we could do on the island and also places to visit while we’re in Bangkok. Every single morning he was in the restaurant during breakfast and he came to have a chat asking how are we doing and if there is anything he could do for us. What a brilliant guy.
The hotel is located on a very quiet and un-spoilt beach/village probably the main reason is because it’s not as easy to get to it from the main harbor on the Island. The one and only downside I found about this hotel is that if you want to explore the island it’s a bit of a mission to get to the other side of the island as most of the main road connecting to the other side of the island is very rough and muddy and could be dangerous when wet and raining but the good news is that they are currently building the road. When I was there it was about 50% completed.
The island is an absolute paradise. There are beautiful views where ever you look, and plenty of places to explore. I would recommend renting a small bike/scooter and explore the island there is plenty of things beaches to try out, but be very careful how to drive as roads are very steep and has very sharp corners.
All in all I would recommend Rasananda and the island Koh Phangan to anyone. If I could I would go back there in a heartbeat!!!
Well done for Rasananda Staff you really made my stay a memorable one, KEEP IT UP!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan