“The best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Haad Tian Beach Resort Koh Phangan
Ranked #50 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was just wonderful. The staff is very good and its like a family. Even the owner took his time to show us phangan.

The food is great.
The beach only belongs to this resort. You want to have relaxing vacations go there.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank stitchswiss

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Amsterdam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The place itself is beautiful, but the road going down to the hotel is horrendous. It is dangerous to go down that road on a scooter and yet, many people do and slip and get hurt. The reaction of the hotel staff when this happened to me and I came down hurt and bleeding was: "yes this road is bad and no we don't have any first aid plasters to help you. Please clean yourself in toilet." Obviously they were not concerned with me being wounded or the condition of the road in general. Later we spoke to some other people who also got hurt going down that same road! Also the hotel was understaffed as there was only one waiter in the restaurant while the resort was full! No wonder it takes about one hour for the food to arrive. And then the portion of fried rice was the smallest one I've seen. I am thinking maybe the owner of the place is out in low season and the staff is slacking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lindafemkeris

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Fira, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for over a month at this place while travelling twice infant the first time for 2 weeks then we returned with a friend for 4 weeks for the price you pay it really is excellent free wifi also the staff are great especially dang the place is run by a family who are very welcoming we spent sonogram festival with them was an amazing expire inane they rent bikes too at the best prices and have beautifull little bungalows to large homely apartments v v nice !!! But out of our whole stay in Thailand the highlight of our stay was at haad tian br ....... Thankyou

Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Vassilis C
Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

At the end of a bumpy dirt road, the Haad Tian bungalows sit calmly on a secluded beach. The open-aired restaurant overlooks a fountain pool and the Gulf of Thailand. You can swing from a rope swing while watching the sunset over the distant islands.
The staff are personable and accommodating and offer private fishing and kayak tours, bike and jeep rentals (if they're available). They're also extremely laid back, so you have to be proactive if you want anything done. They have a swim-up bar which seemed to be out of operation.
Taxis charge 250 Bhat per person and you may have to wait a while for one to actually come. No stores, other restaurants or spa treatments are available within walking distance. After a few days, you'll be in want of some of the better restaurants in town.

Room Tip: Front row bungalows are the only ones with a view of the beach. Aircon room highly recommended.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank misspageturner
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I am Thai and I made it twice visit the hidden gem, I stayed 5 nights in a cozy tropical bungalow just 2 metre right to the beach of Haad Tian Beach. I spent apprx. 400 baht(15US) to get a beach front bungalow to be honest event I am thai but I could not find a valuable place like this. It’s a heaven stuff for thai people too. The resort provided very comfortable facilities such as free swimming pool, free Wifi in the common area, local produce restaurant where you can get a fresh ingredients and sea food from a fisherman village, private beach. The resort provides free pick up transfer from the pier following a traditional Thai gesture when you have a guest visit your house.

The bungalow is cleaned and fresh in beautiful garden and provided hammock in the terrace in front of bungalow. The best thing, why i choose this place because a warmest welcome and Thai hospitality style provided to me, all staffs are thais (speak good English) where I feel very safe and comfortable as home away from home compare with other places, they employed Burmese staff and I feel uncomfortable and didn’t trust with their service. I am very much enjoy slow life here, being lazy in the pool, reading my book at the beach and great place to watch the sunset with a panoramic horizon view of Angthong Marine Park.

Khun Daeng is resort management, he’s a fantastic guy who understand the services. He created an unforgettable experience for me for example, we went to morning market or night market together to buy fresh seafood then bring it back to resort for a unique friendly dining on the beach with the owner and management team. Someday, we did Bonfire with BBQ style and drinks together with staff here on the beach. What I found beyond a part of tourist is being a family and friendship of Haad Tian Beach Resort.

The resort is a 10 minute walking distance from the main road and half way between Salad beach and Haad Yao Beach. its convenice if you want to go out to try other restaurant and bar but not neccesary.

The road is under construction and uncomfortable for whose beginner level motorbike practicing. However, resort has shuttle car provide 24 hours with a friendly price and motorbike for rent.

The place is hidden gem paradise and suitable for single, couple and group who really prefer to stay in hug of thai warmest hospitality and prefer to “Relax and Do Nothing”
I will bring my entire friends here. I love it

Room Tip: All rooms are seaview, I selected a traditional bungalow style.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank yuthed
Taastrup, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had a great week at Haad Tian Beach Resort!
We quickly became a part of the Haad Tian family in this little treasure of tropical bliss away from busy tourist frenzy.
We got picked up by the hotels pickup truck at the pier in Thongsala. After af fun ride through groves of palmtrees, past lovely beaches and down a quite steep muddy hillside, we reached the resort and was greeted by the lovely staff and two cute dogs.
Our beachfront bungalow was a little retreat with just enough room for a doublebed, a TV, A/C and a little bathroom with hot and cold water. The veranda had af hammock and a great view to a small coralbeach and some small trees with more hammocks for relaxing.
We were just a few guests at Haad Tian the first couple of days and quickly blended in with staff. We were all having BBQ´s together on the beach just about every evening and even catched some fish our selves to cook on the fire. It was such lovely evenings with the worlds prettiest sunsets as our backdrop.
During the days we went out on the resorts cheap rental motos to explore the island from one end to the other. We also took the resorts canoes for some quick trips to the next beach/town Haad Yao. It took 10 minutes. In Haad Yao they had great beachreataurant and bars and also some small shops. They had af Pre-Fullmoon Party at Haad Yao, that was much fun with fire tricks and loads of 'buckets'.
We really had a hard time leaving the resort as we had such a good time there with lovely people who was like a second family.
I send all the best wishes to our Haad Tian Family. You are the best!

I had booked our stay well in advance on the resorts own homepage.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LabRatDK
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

me and my friend stay here for 4 night as long as we can,we would stay longer but no time,the place is nice that what we looking,we want stay a way from the big city like Bangkok. If you are looking for a place to relax here is perfact that i have to recoment. family,friendly and helpefull.....me and my friend come here every years for a shot holiday... but if you are looking for a party,confortable,here is not for you.....I am Thai i would say ,i want to keep here forever without fussy,cracy people..This island have many place for them to shout,and easy to find from the internet...
as last here is nice to relax take a lest from a busy world.
i will vissit a gain for sure.
Luxe