“Good compars to restuarants in Haad Rin.”

Nic's Ristorante Pizzeria & LoungeBar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Good compars to restuarants in Haad Rin.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

If this restuarant was in a different place I would have rate it 1. The pizza is tasteless and pretty expansive. But there are just no good restuarant in Koh Pangan espiacially in Haad Rin so I rate it a little bit above avrege.
Service was very good but it was probably because we were the only ones there.

• Visited July 2013

Chester, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Mine and my boyfriend's pizzas were tastless and our starters were nothing special. I'm not sure what all the previous rave reviews are about- the place isn't the fancy establishment it is made out to be- it has napkin boxes you'd find in a fast food restaurant and we were given a basket with sauces in and the salt shaker had cobwebs underneath it where the salt is dispensed from and there was a spider in the basket- not exactly hygienic.

My milkshake was also tasteless- we'd describe the food as bland and the place itself as bland. I think the rave reviews about this place are from travellers who haven't had a decent meal in weeks/ months so in comparison to Haad Rin's burger joints this seems quite fancy.

The service wasn't great- we weren't asked if we wanted a drink for ten minutes and our mains arrived just as we had finished eating out starters and the plates weren't cleared, the waiters just looked as us as if to say 'move them' to make room for our main courses.

If you're used to dining in good restaurants with good service don't go to this place- it is literally a 1 or 2 star type of place and it only has such a high rating in comparison to the other pretty dumpy places in the area. Overall a disappointment.

• Visited June 2013
“Shameful service at an otherwise acceptable restaurant”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

It's hard to not rant when you have such a lousy experience, and maybe there were staffing problems, but even considering the laid-back service in SE Asia, this place took incompetent to a whole new level. Night 1: looking forward to eating at a highly rated restaurant on tripadvisor, my friend and I arrived and waited to be acknowledged for 5 minutes or so until ultimately they sat new-comers in the last table available. We left and got Italian at a little family place with friendly, fast service and good food. Night 2: convinced Nic's would redeem their high rating, 5 friends and I returned. The bloopers include: 5 of us finished eating long before the 6th dish was served. I ordered a margarita that never came. The check was 100 baht more than what it should have been. I could continue describing the poor service but you're probably hungry so I'll wrap it up. The restaurant was pretty cool at night as far as atmosphere goes, and the food was good but not memorable. Maybe this place is okay when it's at half capacity, but I can't recommend this place

• Visited June 2013
edinburgh, now oz
“Amazing Find”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great food, service and really lovely staff

We ate here twice and both times we had an excellent meal with great service

Visited March 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Can across this while getting lost in the streets of Koh Phanghan and were very pleased! Its a lovely setting with the high warehouse style ceilings giving it a really cool feel. the food was really nice, nothing fancy but exactly what you want after a long day sunbathing! If your looking for authentic thai food this is not your place, it is more for pizzas, salads etc. Staff really friendly. We went back another night in the holiday (something I rarely do) and the waiter remembered us which is always a nice touch. Even recommended it to people we had met at our hotel and they went a loved it to. Definitely visit!

• Visited March 2013