“An Oasis in Haad Rin!”

Nic's Ristorante Pizzeria & LoungeBar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“An Oasis in Haad Rin!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stumbled across Nic's by accident one wet evening. What a find! Delicious food, WiFi and decor! We returned a few times during our trip and also escaped a rain shower during the day and had some sneaky cocktails accompanied with some of their moreish tapas. The Alioli is fabulous, along with pizzas and anything else I ate there. Have recommended Nic's to anyone who would listen! it is slightly pricer than other places to eat but still
cheap as chips!

Zürich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not more than average....”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We decided to stop by Nic's based on the good reviews. The place is located in the city center and easy to find with the big sign on it's roof. It's an open and clean space. BUT we decided to sit at the back which presented a view of a pond full of litter. Not a pretty sight or smell. After we changed seats to the front we had a starter and a main. The service was good. Also the choice was very wide. The food however was not more than average. The Nic's Special Salad was something I can fix up myself in 5 minutes with a dressing bought at the next super market. Also not everything that the menu said would be in salad actually made it on the plate. The guava was missing.

The 5 star Tripadvisor Rating Nic's is presenting in the entrance area and the really positive reviews here at TA don't reflect our meal at Nic's. Couldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great variety. Never disappointing.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Dancing Elephant hostel which was right next door to Nic's. It was close by so I decided to check it out. I ended you going back 3 more times. As a traveller, when you find a good and consistent place to eat, it is so much easier to simply continue to go back. Their pizza is quite good, despite being in Thailand where pizza is not their specialty. They have other good selections too. The only downside is it is expensive compared to other restaurants in the area. In addition, service was rather slow.

• Visited January 2013
Stockholm
“Good food but expensive”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Good tapas, a nice break from the thai food but pretty expensive if you compare to other restaurants. Pretty nice interiour and good service though so I think it was worth it. Try the seafood tapas

Visited November 2012
Nashville
“great food, great service”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It took a while for me and a friend to scooter around that end of the island before finally finding Nic's. So plan a bit ahead and if you're scootering, beware of Koh Phangan tattoos. I now sport 4 or 5! Now on to Nic's. We split a Thai appetizer, a seafood pizza, and a couple pitchers of mojitos. Everything was delicious. The staff was gracious and quick. Would definitely go back again on my next visit to the island. I just need to figure out how to make that happen.

• Visited October 2012