“Good location and great value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
Seaview Sunrise Resort
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed here for four nights in a beachfront bungalow during the full moon party in April 2012. I'm guessing you would have a different (although not necessarily better or worse) experience here if you didn't stay during full moon week so keep that in mind.

The bungalows are on the very edge of Haad Rin beach and it takes about 5 minutes to walk to the main party area. The rooms are very basic and the bathroom is serviceable. This place was fairly inexpensive and you get what you pay for in terms of amenities. However the location is great because it is about a five minute walk from the middle of the beach and during the day the section of the beach in front of the hotel is much less busy than the central area. Regardless of where you stay on the beach you will hear loud music until at least 5am and Seaview is no exception. If you're here during full moon you probably won't be going to sleep until early morning anyways so that isn't a huge issue.

The staff were very helpful here and the food was good yet inexpensive. If you're looking for a cheap option on Haad Rin then this is your best bet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alex C

Reviewed February 28, 2012

If Thailand wasn't so far from North America, and Koh Phangan was a place I thought I'd be returning to frequently, I would never write a review and instead be doing my best not to share the secret of Seaview Sunrise. I'm sure I might regret this one day when I try to go back and it's booked full, but what the hell...

Though far from a "secret", the 13th edition of Lonely Planet lists it under it's old name from the previous owners and doesn't give it a featured review or recommendation, which probably owed to it not being the most sought after of Haad Rin's places to sleep for the full moon when I was there. With the 14th and newest edition out a few days ago, I can't imagine this place not being at the top of their list.
I spent 7 nights at Seaview for the February Full Moon Party. In my extensive travels of Thailand, this was the one place I felt like I had hands-down picked the best lodging at. After becoming very familiar with Haad Rin and seeing other accommodations, if I were to return I'd stay in the exact same place, exact same bungalow if I could (beachfront, 2nd down from the north).

Book as far in advance as possible. I snagged the last beachfront bungalow and that was almost 4 weeks ahead of my arrival day. It will probably only get more difficult, especially during the Nov-March high season. Excellent value for what you get. Hopefully it stays that way.

If you are looking for a pampering resort or a relaxing place to spend you honeymoon, this is not for you - but then Haad Rin during full moon is probably not for you. However, if you are looking for beautiful but simple beachfront accommodations while you party yourself senseless each night and regain your strength lying in the sun or resting on your porch-front hammock - then look no further!
The beachfront bungalows are clean and simple with nice lighting (a rarity in many rooms in Thailand), and windows that open up onto a postcard-worthy view and pleasant ocean breeze. It's a nice side of Haad Rin Nai to see so close to the madness of the town and craziness of the beach on the southern half. You will find yourself very close to the action but not suffocatingly so like the guesthouses and bungalows down near Cactus Bar.
The owner Tim and her staff were some of the nicest, most accommodating Thais I met during my entire trip, which seems incredible imagining now easy it would be to become jaded from the parade of drunken young westerners that pass through every month for the party. Also, I made the mistake of writing off the resort's common area restaurant until the end of my trip, only to find it was some of the better food of the Thai cafe-type places and the best breakfast I had on the island.

Be aware of 3 things: one, pay attention to the signs and don't try to flush toilet paper. Two: don't bring any luggage you can't carry as you have to walk the beach to get to Seaview. Three: the entirety of Haad Rin is loud. And though the northern end of the beach where the bungalows sit is quieter, you will hear the basslines from the same 12 songs until 5-6 in the morning during full moon week. But if you're there for full moon, I wouldn't really recommend sleeping much anyways - there is plenty of Thai-grade Red Bull and M-150 (not for the faint of heart) to ward away exhaustion.

Without a doubt, some of the most fun I had in Thailand.

If you find my review helpful and end up staying at Seaview, you can pay me back by not shying away from the buckets, partaking in a special happy shake or two next door at Mushroom Mountain when you're looking for a more chill night, and having the time of your life while there. Most importantly though, be sure to show Tim and the staff your respect and gratitude and help to keep it the friendly, laid-back resort I enjoyed so much. Go the extra mile and get Tim a gift to leave behind when you depart - it will really make her day. Also, throw your trash in the green bins spaced up and down the beach that say "Please Keep Haad Rin Clean". Don't be that westerner who leaves their garbage in the sand. The surprising natural beauty of the peninsula is always in danger of being ruined by the sheer numbers that descend on it - help keep it nice.

And if you can climb up the sloping palm tree and let yourself back down on the rope swing you are a champion.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank dielancoral
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I was only able to stay here for one night in their garden rooms but it was a great experience. Not only were the rooms clean, and surround by the beauty of Haad Rin's nature but the beach was only steps away with a yummy restaurant there to enjoy. The best part of my short trip was the friendliness of the the staff. Shortly after arriving I set myself up on the beach, the tide was high that day and in a matter of 15 minutes my beach set up was soaked and sandy. A staff member quickly came out and took my sandy towel as well as another couples stuff and had them washed and dried within the hour. I also left my bathing suit behind and after contracting the manger I was delighted by the response I received. Overall, I great place to stay in Haad Rin!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TTrood
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Love this place. Our hut was exactly like the one in the picture. Waking up to the sun shining through the window and the sound of the sea only a few metres away. Paradise

Staff were really friendly & helpful with anything we needed including transfers off the island. Safety deposit available for valuables. Great location for full moon party but it is loud which didn't bother us but maybe get a room further back if you're sensitive to sound.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed here 10 days in dec 2011 righ up until full moon party. I first had a Sea view bungalow but changed it after one night to Beachfront. There is a difference between them and the higher cost for beachfront is well worth it.

Location is on the quieter side of the beach next to Mellow Mountain which is really nice to avoid most noise from Cactus and Zoom on the other side of the beach.
Food is regular thai which is great, a TV and movie-on-demand if you want to slack and also a pool table.

While the bungalows are big and comfy and clean the best experience was the staff and particularly Lik (hope I got her name right) who was friendly and helpful no matter what we asked for. I really really enjoyed their service and they are the major reason I will definitively stay here whenever I go back to Koh Phangan.

/Kostas

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Not a fancy place, but cheap rooms right on Haad Rin. Stayed for 7nights. Easy to meet people, friendly great staff, everything you might need in the front common room. Rooms are a little plan Jane, beds are not all that great. But i had a roof over my head at night, and sun on the beach during the day. All and all nice place!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 6, 2011

One word: TIM!! Perfect hostess for an excellent experience on this lovely island. Rooms are basic yet clean and the location is fantastic. Bring ear plugs around full moon as anywhere located on the beach side!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends