This is a perfect place on the island with it's private beach, bar and restaurant.
After reading some other peoples reveiws, i have to laugh a little bit about 'wild animals' there are lizards, geckos, spiders and although i have not seen them i am quite sure there are snakes and other animals you might find on a tropical island that is their natural habitat.
I have stayed at this resort for a few years now, and the access to the resort is down a windy sandy gravel track towards the coast, i never myself had a problem with the manager Jaco, and if it makes people happy he has actually left now to teach kids north of Bangkok.
It is quiet there, it is the opposite end of the island to Haad Rin (where the beach parties are)
This i find better as you can escape the madness of the parties and just chill out in a hammock away from the chaos!!
I found all of the staff to be helpful, polite, and go out of there way to make my stay as pleasant as possible, i will definatly be there again in dec 2013!
With the experience of riding a bike/moped i learnt over there, the roads on the whole of the island are to say the least a bit dangerous, the hills in to Haad Rin have cost a few people there lives and a few pound in bike repairs. It is not clever but i usually crash every year at least once.
Taxis are available on request, 100 baht to Tong Sala (where the boats come in) and 200 baht to the full moon beach. Which is very reasonable given the location.
I honestly love the place, met some fantastic fellow travelers that have stayed there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Coast Beach Resort is fresh and ready to provide professional service. For travelers who want to take in the sights and sounds of Koh Phangan, this is the perfect choice. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your West Coast Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haad Gruad Beach Resort And Spa
- Haad Gruad Beach Hotel Koh Phangan