“Lovely Villa on a cozy beach”
Review of Awe Resort

Awe Resort
Bangkok
“Lovely Villa on a cozy beach”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was my first time in Ko Phangan and I'm glad I found Awe Resort. Its a quiet place hidden from the main roads, but easily accessed by taxi. I was pleasantly surprised to see a black swimming pool right in front of our room! We had a nice, modern villa including a kitchen on the bottom floor which my friends and I spent most of our time sharing a meal or playing cards overlooking the beach view in between our sunbathing. If you don't feel like cooking, there are several other eating options right along the shoreline walking either direction. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It felt so comfortable there, like I was right at home. If you are the sporty type, there was kite surfing rentals nearby and several early morning beach joggers. Overall, I was satisfied with the luxurious comfort of a resort on a beautiful, quiet beach for very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: I believe its Villa #1 is the closest to the beach with the best view, although the others are just...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was a great spot to spend our time in Koh Phangan. There's a nice little kitchen on the main floor but we rarely used it outside of making coffee and keeping snacks and something to drink cold. There are nice restaurants within walking distance (I highly recommend Milky Bay for breakfast, lunch or dinner and Hard Rock Bar...just down the beach for drinks while watching the sunset). The beach in front of Awe Villas is one of the best spots to tan and swim or walk out on this side of the island. The wiFi is amazing...fast and hardly drops. The upstairs is comfortable with fans and/or air con and TV with many english stations if that's important to you.
The only thing missing was a few deck chairs you can tan on, on the beach (there are permanently fixed ones by the pool...which is a beautiful little pool, overlooking the ocean).
All in all, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Awe.

Room Tip: They are all great villas!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Zama, Japan
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent part of our winter holiday in Koh Phangan, and our stay at Awe was by far the highlight of the trip. It was perfect for our little family of three, we were comfortable and loved the kitchen and outdoor dining area. It was great to make coffee and breakfast each morning, and dinner a few nights. The pool area is lovely, and I can't say enough about how perfect the beach is for swimming and sunning. I spent days sauntering between the beach and the poolside lounge chairs.

There are only four villas, so Awe offers a more intimate feeling then other resorts (especially in this price range), and Wan and the other staff were SO helpful and friendly. They made everything really easy, helped arrange things and made suggestions for things to do or see. Side story: Wan even jumped on her motor bike and tracked me down at the pier on discovering I had left my wallet behind when we departed. I was about to jump in a taxi and head back, so I was relieved to see her. This illustrates how much she payed attention to the details, and went beyond expectations. Our neighbors were also lovely, and we spent some fun evenings together barbecuing, or days chatting by the pool. We felt sad to say goodbye to everyone at Awe, and we will certainly go back.

Other highlights: easy to get around on foot, taxi, by car or bike rental. Koh Phagnan has a nice, easy feel. We did not go to the full moon parties, but there is so much more to do (or not do) on the island. I recommend the night market in Tongsala, really good eats! There is also good food in walking distance of Awe (on the beach or street), and fun bars.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I spent a month in Koh Samui and had the opportunity to go to Koh Phangan and stay at Awe Resort. This place is very well hidden from any main roads and you are literally staying out at the ocean from any of the four? villas there are. Although very small, this is just how i like it. Quiet, easy, modern villas that are clean cut and easy to live in. There is a small pool and pool side chairs and tables that is beautiful but you're only feet away from the ocean so you can take a dip in there too. The owner, Peter, is so hospitable and was very welcoming when we met. He wants to take care of everybody and does so. So thankful to have spent some time at this beautiful hidden delight! This will definitely be by place of residency if and when i visit koh phangan again! :)

Room Tip: there is not one bad villa, they all have ocean view :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Grenoble
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The place is reall beautiful, with a pool on the beach; The bungalows are very confortable, with a view on the sea. There are some bars and restaurant just next door, so you have a quiet place with some possibility to meet people around; the owner is really sweet, but not often there. The yoga class was amazing. Thanks !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JulieOnft
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Awe Resort for a few days leading up to the full moon. I was nervous that, because Koh Phangan is infamous for it's Full Moon Party, that I was going to be among loud and crazy partiers. I was pleasantly surprised that Awe Resort allowed for quite the opposite: a tranquil space, with only 4 villas, making it very private or exclusive. The resort itself is right on the beach. If you stay in Villa 1, you are literally 8 to 10 steps from the beach looking towards Koh Samui. The staff here are friendly and attentive, and served us fresh papaya cut directly from the papaya tree.

I loved the two floor villa. The first floor has a kitchen, which was handy to have, and the second floor was spacious with one king size bed and one queen size bed giving my friend and I more than enough room to feel comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying at Awe Resort if you are looking for a delicious time in Koh Phangan. And if you wanted to go to the Full Moon Party, it is a hop, skip and jump away!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Awe Resort is beautiful resort, with a fabulous private beach and a kind and attentive staff. The villas are modern and comfortable. There are wonderful restaurants just a short walk down the beach if you want a bite out. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the resort while I was there, and he went out of his way to make sure that a good time was had by all. They had just finished building a gorgeous yoga studio during my visit, and my only regret is not staying long enough to take a class just a few steps away from the sandy beach. If you get a chance to go to Koh Phangon, do yourself a favor and stay at Awe Resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends