I spent 4 great days at AWE and was on the island to attend a yoga retreat. I loved the travel by boat from Samui and arriving at the resort I appreciated the quiet location – no full moon parties for me. The island can draw a younger crowd but AWE is a little further out from the party region but still close enough if that’s what you’re looking for. For me I was looking for an escape - Perfect!
Couple of key points from my visit:
1) Small boutique resort: I loved the architecture/ layout of my villa. It’s not traditional Thai (it’s abundant on the island if you want it) but definitely uses the sun, sand and surf as an inspiration.
2) Villa: I spend most of life in Air-con so the open plan design with lots of cross ventilation is a plus. On hotter days/ nights there are ceiling fans and aircon if needed. Every night I passed out listening to island life.
3) Pool: salt water heaven! Not a big lay by the pool & roast person so was happy there was some shade for me to splash about in when I needed pool time
4) Meals: the kitchen area on the lower floor is great but as I was only there for 3 nights & it was easier to walk along the beach and find a local for eats and drinks. I think I only used the fridge for water.
5) Beach: The tide goes out & comes back in but its quiet and I sat staring at it from my room or the pool and admiring Samui in the far distance – memorising.
Tip: My advice on travelling to Koh Phangan is plan ahead and learn about where you going – it will help ease any expectations. Peter (owner) was great in arranging my booking and all went to plan, I was lucky to have him on site during my stay and being the perfect host made sure I experienced the Island’s beaches, food and people. He’s very proud of his place in the sun and deserves to be.
I really didn’t want to leave and could have stayed holed up at the resort but unfortunately life was calling at the end of pier to take me home – till next time AWE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awe Resort features four modern villas on a private beach. Each villa comes with a kitchen, an open-air living room, balcony, TV, DVD, heated showers and two beds (one king and queen) in an uninterrupted space that spans the entire second floor. Enjoy a dip in our saltwater beachfront pool. Dine at our restaurant on the beach or explore the 6 other restaurants within a 10-minute walk along the beach from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Awe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.