“Koh phangan's best kept secret” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wang Sai Resort

Wang Sai Resort
Korea
“Koh phangan's best kept secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

If you trying to relax after the full moon antics or just wanting to relax with some quiet beach time Wang Sai can make it happen. I have been visiting this island for many years now and have not found a place that can be entertaining as well quiet and relaxing when the mood suits. The staff are honest and trust worthy, to the point that I forgot my wallet there one year, thinking I had lost it going to Bangkok, only to be given back to me,still with cash in!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Thejollygingergiant

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first
Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

I just spent few days in wang sai resort with my mom. When me left (me moved to a different bay without so many rocks and corals) we started finding out that there were lots of things missing: money, jewels, a perfum, etc.
Some of those things were always in the room but others -like the money- were always with us, so the only option is that someone broke into our room while we were sleeping, someone that had the key and could check that we were asleep.
They took almost 1000 euros cash to my mom, 400 euros to me and my perfum (the box was empty inside my big backpack).
Now there´s nothing we can really do, just let others know: don´t go, don´t take the risk something like this could happen to you, there are nicer and safer places in koh pahngan. .

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank violetayveronica

Travelers are raving about these Ko Pha Ngan hotels

Suffolk UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

What a beautiful place!An idyllic Island paradise. On arrival at the tiny village, we walked around the point of the island beach looking for the nicest rooms. Most are Bamboo. However a small oasis appeared to us with palms and trees close to the white soft shore. There are driftwood swings hung from shady trees. Were you can sit and watch the sun go down over the turquoise sea and the palms on the peak of neighbouring mountain. Or have your own campfire in the purpose made fire place near the shore.
Just back from the shore are 3 Absolutely beautiful, brand new, 3 person beach bungalows, made in brick on stilts with round porthole windows and tiled floors. Air con. Fly screens and well furnished. With verandas and hammock. These We think are the nicest places to stay on the island. Walking over the small bridge that goes over a stream fed from the nearby waterfall. The bridge separates the main part of the resort from the well kept and clean beach. Again the restaurant has been rebuilt brand new in the style of Robinson Crusoe and with great views. There are many other bungalows all so well in keeping with the hillside and built to sit on the side of the hill so as not to damage the surrounding natural beauty and plant life.
The rooms were very reasonable prices and the staff could not have been more polite and helpful. They run transport to town and organise anything for you that you can imagine. Including fireworks on the beach if you want. Fishing trips, snorkelling, boating. Most offered as part of the service not extra. For me and my wife this was the most blissful time spent travelling Thailand.

• Liked — Modern in thai style, cleen and very friendly
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank TopiarySteve
Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2008

We wanted to do the best snorkelling on Koh Phangan and so we headed up to Ko Ma. We parked at the end of the beach at a resort called Wang Sai. The bungalows are on tall stilts built into the hillside. To access the beach you have to walk through an open sided restaurant and over a bridge. Having swum and seen massive shoals of fish, we ate.
The food was excellent, clean, fresh, well proportioned and so tasty. The prices were great. If the restaurant is anyting to go by, then the resort must be great to stay at.

1 Thank HalDavies