Bottle Beach 1 Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Coral Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
Thongtapan Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
Wattana Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Buri Rasa Koh Phangan(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Panviman Resort - Koh Pha Ngan(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Mandalai Hotel(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
All reviewskids swimminglong tail boatair conpickup trucknice poolkoh phagnanamazing placebb1bungalowresortislandjunglesandcockroachesparadisebaynets
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with a family of 5 for 4 days. We were picked up by taxi from bottle beach resort at the pier from the Donsak Ferry. A bumpy ride, but the alternative boattaxi was not available after sunset. We stayed at one of the seasite bungalows. Do not expect luxury, but there is AC and warm water. Unfortunately only cleaned once per 3 days. The staff is friendly but sometimes chaotic, mainly because not everyone speaks English well. Breakfast is simple, and everyday the same. It can take 30+ minutes. The restaurant is OK, but do not expect that everyone at your table is being served at the same time. WiFi is available, but only near the restaurant and in the lobby. The swimmingpool is excellent. Don't forget to bring insect repellent. Tiny musquitos can make you mad. The beach is excellent: fine white sand, clear water and even suitable for a bit of snorkling. We took the longtail boat a couple of times to surrounding villages. Definifively worth while. If you intend to go scubadiving at Koh Tao, divecompanies at Koh Pha Ngan are a lot cheaper compared to Koh Samui. We hope to come back at bottle beach some day...

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Philip F
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The bungalow we booked was right on the beach & whilst it was basic it was comfortable enough, with a large bed & huge bathroom/wet room (cold water only in the basic rooms, it was so hot we needed cold showers!).We were actually pleasantly surprised, as we paid very little for our 2 night, 3 day stay. Beautiful beach for swimming & a large pool with 24hr. use allowed. We would advise that you take a plug in mosquito repellent machine, as the nets can be a little claustrophobic. Excellent value for money. Because Bottle Beach is a little tricky to get to i.e. out of the way ( a taxi ride from the harbour & then a taxi boat ride, it is a pristine beach that is great for swimming. A must to visit whilst in Koh Phangan, even as a day trip.

The breakfast was very basic, although you could order additional items for a little extra cost & as we didn't pay too much for the accommodation this was not too bad. If we had upgraded to more expensive rooms, then we would have been disappointed with the breakfast. We were slightly 'out of season', so the staff were a little scarce, although they were very friendly! Whilst the beach was kept quite clean, the pool area was not cleaned for at least the 3days we were there. Having said all this, we had a great stay on a very beautiful beach for very little outlay.
& would still recommend to anyone who is not looking for luxurious accommodation.

Room Tip: Beach bungalows with aircon if you prefer not to 'rough it' too much.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

On first impressions, this resort is a dream. Accessed only by off-road or boat to the beach, stilted huts overlooking the sea, clear blue waters and pure white beach - it really blows your socks off! After about an hour or so, however, this postcard resort starts to fall apart. I booked the most basic hut for my stay as I was only there for two nights and was travelling with a group. I was aware there would be no hot water, so this was no shock and to be honest was quite welcome after a day of travelling in the heat! I walked into my hut to find a family of small lizards had pitched up home in between my bed sheets. More worryingly, when i approached them, they scattered off up into a hole directly above my bed that i was unable to access…

The 'fan' worked. When I say worked, I mean it spun around. It was absolutely no use in cooling down the room whatsoever but at least the noise of it kept the lizards away.

Unfortunately, the bathroom was dirty. I don't expect to be able to eat my dinner off the floor, but I expect the floor to be mopped at least.

The menu at the resort restaurant was big and varied. I enjoyed sampling the food, although on one of the evenings i ordered a Thai Red Curry and a Green one was brought out to me because the red one apparently would be too spicy for me. Ideally I would have liked to have judged for myself, but whatever.

The staff were very split. One one hand you have the bar staff who are very cheery (although do seem to enjoy a party every night), and then the miserable ones who can't be bothered to help you. It's really the luck of a draw.

And yes, the power does go off between 4-6pm. A bit of a pain, but you're on one of the best beaches in Thailand.

And the beach really does make the resort worth it (sort-of). So beautiful, you have to see it!

Room Tip: Spend as much money as you can because the good are good and the bad are bad!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We arrived by taxi boat which was a hidden extra cost but we booked the room cheaper non direct so why would there be a free pickup!
Staff were friendly and the main young lady with the baby couldnt have been more helpful.
The waiter did get orders wrong and spoke little english but maybe if most of us bothered to learn thai, it would help lol.
The bungalow hut is what it is for 500 baht, cosy but there was ants in the bathroom.... Its a hut and to be expected.
The taxi off the island was cheap and promp.
The beach is stunning and a stones throw from this resort.
Take nibbles there with you and all will be fine.
The pool was lovely also :)
Beware dont get lost coming back from the viewpoint... Not well signposted... Remember the way!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank sharonlwestmore
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here in June 2013 after partying at Half Moon Party near Thongsala at other end of island. Needed a nice beach, somewhere quiet to recover and just mellow out. This place was awesome, had to take a songtow [truck taxi thing] across the island, then a small motor boat to this part of island as its REALLY hard to get here by land unless you have a 4X4 with mud tires. Amazing beach, very secluded, only 3 other resorts and very cool people for the most part. Tours of young people come in and out but they don't stay long, and most are in groups like Contiki so they're a good laugh. Resort is overpriced, they charge for EVERYTHING. Internet, extra water, you name it its got a price tag. There is a 7-11 literally right next to the beach where the speedboat taxis wait to take you to this little spot so I would recommend that you LOAD up on all supplies: snacks, drinks, party favors, etc. If you can get over that part its really nice, great pool awesome food, and mostly great company when the tours role through [although it was deserted most of the time I was there which was fine by me]

Room Tip: Takes a serious mission to get here but its the closes thing to paradise on the island.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo