“Remote Hideaway”

Bottle Beach 1 Resort
Ranked #43 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Taking a boat here was definitely exciting. We had the most basic room and I wondered if any of the others were better. Particularly the amount of bugs in the room and cockroach hiding behind my backpack. That said, the mosquito net ensured I didn't have any trouble sleeping. As for the beach, I sort of felt like Robinson Crusoe. It is definitely private and relaxing. The resort is very nice, including restaurant and pool area. The food was great, particularly the seafood BBQ. But don't go there, because I want it preserved for when I can go back!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jooliecoolie

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Really really really frustrating trying to book. No response from emails etc. Eventually got it sorted by someone from TA kindly helping! If you want to come here and are booking other places round it work on this first! Changing dates can knock it all back too which is what we did.
Best beach on the island. We were here a few years ago and expected the place to be busier as Samui gets busier, but were really pleased that if anything it was quieter. We remember boat trips in the day but didn’t really see any of those either. We met another couple who said the same, that it was quieter than a couple of years ago. The world economy has really hit Thailand tourism.

In Smile next door they caught a cobra in the kitchen! Remember you are in the jungle!

The room is cleaned every 2 days. In our room there was a hole above the shower with ants but wasn’t really a problem.

Washing on Samui is cheaper! 70BHT at BB. Check your washing, I should have done. When we had moved and it was too late I realised that a pair of shorts was missing.

One of the nights everyone was disturbed by the noise of music from Smile, but I don’t think this is common. I think it very odd that a place that is clearly sold on its peacefulness and family friendly has a resort that wants to play loud music all night! Yes of course young people are there too, but there are other places on the island for noise!

No limit on breakfast time which there is on other places so that was good for late get ups!

Saw someone have prawn crackers and had to have some! They are fab, the best we had in Thailand as is the prawn tempura. Had them every day!

People have said service was slow. We didn’t find this. Most places on Thailand are slow but no worse here certainly. Occasionally got the order wrong , the slim guy is better than the larger guy with English so it’s easier.

Very hard beds, very!

Continental breakfast included.

The addition of the pool is a really good one. Clean and very relaxed.

3% charge on credit card payments when at resort.
A lovely stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are looking tired, nothing has been done to them for years and the lighting is really poor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TheComplainingCow
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have been to Bottle Beach a number of times and really like it. I like the fact that the bungalows are directly on the beach and that the beach is a good one where you can easily swim (which is not the case on all the beaches in Koh PhaNgan).

The bungalows however are starting to show their age and will probably need to be re-furbished in the near future. It was particularly warm when I was there (Thailand was having its hottest period for years) and so the fan in the room was really struggling. A number of people moved from the bungalows when I was there to some of the rooms in this or the neighbouring resorts that had air-con. I stayed there but got them to swap the fan for a better one, which was ok but still not great.

However I came for the location not the room!

They have changed the menu in Bottle Beach 1 since the last time I was there and the new menu is probably the least extensive of the 4 restaurants in Bottle Beach.

Room Tip: If you want a bit more than a basic room with a fan, choose the Beach Front Delux room and if it get...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have come back again and even though we were able to stay for a few days this time, it was great to see all the best staff still there. Keyo, Yod were on good form and we were so happy to see them again. The new manager Aey is extremely efficient and was friendly and really helpful throughout the stay.

Still my favourite place to stay on the island and I've now travelled to most places. Quiet and beautiful with super friendly staff, I'm looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: Executive Beach Front Air Con are my favourite rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Bottle Beach 1 is a pretty good joint but I wasn't sold on the beach itself. It's beautiful but not particularly more so than any other beach on Ko Pha Ngan. The pool area here is nice and they do probably the best food on the beach but I would give Smile bungalows a look as well. If you are looking for bungalows, try Smile; if you want A/C and a telly then go to Bottle Beach. The other two places definitely weren't appealing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2012

After India it is refreshing to be in Thailand.

We stayed in the resort for 4 nights. What a stunning beach and a beautiful resort. The food was fantastic and the staff were helpful. Thank you for a great stay and we hope to re-visit later on in our travels.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poly C
Reviewed April 2, 2012

i didnt like the place at all. we were staying in a bungalow which was stinking (smelled like pee) and had a lot of cockroaches in our room.The beach is dirty. Most horrible are the young waiters, who think they are american gangsters and always want to high five. Started to getting on our nerves after a few days. The pool was dirty, i was not going inside once! The only plus is the food: Really good but expensive. Dont stay there!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple