“Could be great”
Review of Coco Garden Resort

Coco Garden Resort
Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at coco for 4nights over the full moon party. The staff were very nice and helpful through out our stay. The only fault with our stay was our rooms. The double rooms x2 were quite run down with holes in the walls and ceilings and with the fan on the far wall it was very stuffy. What bothered us the most was 3 of our friends rooms were much better quality, with nice toilets and with showers that worked and they were paying the same price. There was a huge overall difference between the rooms and we felt hard done by considering we were all paying the same. I would stay again for the location,staff and good vibe around the place but only if we were in the better rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank LCalla

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Coco garden is a fantastic place to stay in Koh Phangan. We opted for one of the cheaper, twin bungalows with a fan rather than aircon. We got 2 fans (one over each bed) which was great! The room was clean, spacious and out of all the bungalows we stayed in on our trip this was the only one with any shelves to put bits on. The bathroom looked as though it has been recently renovated and was clean. The restaurant/bar area was fantastic with lots of cushions around to laze on! The breakfasts we had there were delicious (try banana pancakes). There were always people around to chat to and the owner makes an effort to get groups/lone travellers together. The food and drink here was more expensive than anywhere else we stayed but otherwise I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Krista M
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Location: walkable to thong sala by the main road on foot. Situated on a very clean beach. 100baht on the songthaew(taxi) to haadrin or thongsala.

Cleanliness: I stayed in the fan bungalow/hut n it was very clean. Stark white walls n clean fresh linens. Stark white walls n ceramics in the toilet. Clean n spotless. Fan was strong so I didnt feel warm in the room at all. Hotel grounds are kept neat n regularly sweeped or cleaned.

Rooms: I stayed in a fan bungalow/hut n it was of a decent size for two pax. Has 1 charging point with 2 outlets. A shelf to put some clothes or whatever nots u need to get shelved, very clean rooms. Room came with a verandah that has 1 hammock, 1 chair, 1 wooden seating area, 1 broom for u to use if need be.

Service: Staffs were very attentive to your needs n speaks good English. Accommodating n warm, yet leaves u space for ur own privacy. In the room there a little notes to remind u of what not to bring to FMP n other side notes for u to fully maximize your stay there. Shows they are concerned about the guests safety n not just hungry for $$ for their business.

Value: Totally value for money for everything that u get. Sad that I didn't get to stay at the beachfront as it was fully booked but frm what I saw, the view frm the bed was phenomenal. In house cook was amazing with her cooking skills. The owners of Coco Garden reply promptly to your emails. I booked direct with them n paid using PayPal, no problems.

Overall: I would come back to stay here If/when I come to Koh Phangan! Missing that island terribly already as I'm typing this. Stayed on 5-9 May '12 as a couple.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Supercalikirasexy
Reviewed April 28, 2012

There’s very little to grumble about when it comes to Coco Garden. It has the perfect mix of ingredients that appeal to those who want a reasonably-priced, enjoyable stay. I arrived at Coco Garden to meet a couple of friends for three nights. After my friends had left, the three-night booking fast became over two weeks – not uncommon from speaking to other guests and reading past reviews! The fantastic atmosphere at the resort is largely fuelled by top-notch service delivered by the entire staff-team. As a solo traveller, this was the ideal spot to meet other people and I left Coco’s with friends I now keep in touch with. Joint owners Adrian and Lee along with the incredibly efficient Coco Supergirls, go above and beyond to make guests feel at home...and it really did feel like home.

As for practicalities:

Good-sized fan/air-con bungalows
Beachfront bungalows – excellent view, less than a few metres from beach
Hammock and chairs provided outside each bungalow and broom to sweep sand from rooms/patio
Rooms cleaned upon request and cleaned well
Safe provided at reception for valuables
Free wifi in restaurant area
Free use of pool table, staff join in and play some evenings (be warned, there are a couple of pool sharks among them!)
Bus service provided to Full Moon Party, with warm-up drinks at the bar beforehand
Diverse menu with both Thai and Western dishes. Great-tasting food all round (tried and tested various dishes)
Cool beach bar, stays open until last of the drinkers stumble back to their bungalows. Lek, the barman exudes warm hospitality and makes killer cocktails. You can’t miss his infamous laugh!
Coco’s help book onward tickets for you – taxi, ferry etc.

An unforgettably fun time. I'd highly recommend this resort to anyone and wouldn't think twice about booking Coco Garden again when I return to Koh PhaNgan. Big thanks to all at Coco's!

Room Tip: If you're not on a super-tight budget, go for the beachfront bungalows.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dilsdidit
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I cannot rate this resort highly enough. I visited in June-July 2007 and was supposed to be staying for about 3 nights with my best friend...we ended up staying for 2 weeks - and even then we were sad to leave!

STAFF: either English (Lee and Ade are the owners - two incredibly friendly English blokes) or English-speaking and exceptionally helpful. They are always on-hand to give advice, recommend day-trips, book taxis, put a film on for you, or grab you a cold drink!

FOOD: very tasty, very good value-for-money, and, due to the English owners, suitable for allergy sufferers. I have a very severe peanut allergy and they took this very seriously so that I was able to enjoy Thai cuisine. In other places, this was not possible and I was stuck to packet sandwiches day-in, day-out!

ATMOSPHERE: chilled in the daytimes, good for a party in the evenings. Ideal for young couples and/or groups of friends looking to kick back in the days and ride up to the Full Moon Party at night.

Room Tip: If you want to be away from any late-night noise at the bar, just mention this when booking and I...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed there for one day, and it was ok - the staff wasn't especially friendly nor welcoming. Some other guys stayed there and had their own party going on which resulted in some loud music in the communal area since the restaurants shuts down much earlier. The food is decent but nothing to rave about and the beach is pretty rocky compared to Hat Yao some kms further north. To note is that the bathrooms don't have a door which seperates it from the bedroom. This can be pretty uncomfortable - besides this, it is a tranquil little place in which obviously was invested some work and love but just didn't suited us as a couple seeking some good days at the beach since there is no way to swim and the above mentioned points annoyed us a bit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed here for four nights and loved it! It is so relaxed and has amazing views from the beach. My girlfriend and I took out the kayaks and paddled about carelessly for an hour and took photos of the shore... It is so picturesque and perfect. The day after the Full Moon Party, when we didn't feel like doing anything we lounged in the bar and they played movies for everyone which was the perfect remedy after all the buckets!

If you stay in Koh Phangan you need this place in your life... Although I did see a humongous spider in my bed when I returned from the FMP but I can't blame the hotel or the staff as spiders are tricky little (or big) buggers and get everywhere!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple