Lowest prices for your stay
$53
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com$53
eDreams$53
Etrip$53
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

The good, the beach.
The bad, uncomfortable, mosquito filled rooms, no hot water, way over priced.
The ugly, hostile management, overpriced tours,more than every other place, even fancy hotel. Overpriced transfers, food and drink, wanted $10 for a daiquiri, triple going rate to wash clothes. This place is not run by Thai people.
Don't yourself a favor, don't stay here.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank thirdworldjunkie
Shadis20, Manager at Eco Lanta Hideaway Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

we really don't understand you
everything you wrote is not true ,i think you have another problem with us.
all the prices we sale is the price that its written in the brochures we didn't create any prices dear, and we don't have any cocktails with that price , with 10 $ you can drink more that 3 cocktails .
you must to understand that we open 4 months a year only and we can't offer a cheap price in peak season.
if you want cheap price you can come in low season dear.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Some misunderstanding on the last two days of our stay but the owner admitted the mistake. He eventually took responsibility, resolved the dispute and apologised.
Beach, bungalow and staff marvellous.

Room tip: Bungalows near the beach front Bungalows away from pond-noisy frogs Bungalows not near young families with babies
Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank Alexandra1944
ecolanta, Owner at Eco Lanta Hideaway Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2017

We are really happy to hear that you liked our little village.
We definitely understand wrong and we admitted as soon our customers are happy and confortable.
Your advices are too important to us and we try always hard to improve ,
We are sure that we will see you again soon.
So you are most welcome from us and welcomed from nature .
Good luck
Shadi

Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

This resort is fairly new, it's a hidden gem. Best beach in Kho Lanta as others we have seen were a little rocky; amazing sunset. Ahmed at reception is a super nice guy, he gave us great advice on how to plan our stay. The accommodation itself is stunning; best way to describe it is simply "one with nature" but very clean. Amazing place, very peaceful, perfect for relaxing and exploring the island as the location is great. A scooter is around 300baht for a whole day and there is plenty to see especially the waterfall, sunset beach and old town is a must. Would definitely revisit.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

"One with nature" thats exactly what we are trying to make here.
We just started and we can see the number of people who were inspired with this magnificent plant, & we wish to see more and more eco resorts soon.
Bamboo is the only plant that sucks CO2 even after been cutted ,so it works as a natural fillter inside and out side the bungalow .
We cant thank you enough for your lovely review , we promise to make it even nicer.
Good luck dear
Shadi

Reviewed March 4, 2017

It was okay. Not more and not less. I really cannot understand all the amazing reviews because to me this is just average, consindering the price and the location there are definitely better options in Thailand. We actually only booked it because of all the good ratings but were really really disappointed.

When we arrived, the first impression was good. A few bamboo huts right at the beach, surrounded by nature, everything was good looking. Check in was fast and friendly and with a guy that speaks English surprisingly well (the only one though). So we moved into our first hut, it was right across the check-in, the restaurant and the beach bar. Literally everybody had to walk by it to get somewhere, in or out, staff, guests and visitors. So there was no privacy at all. Don't expect a "hideaway" here. Huts are standing very close to each other and walls are super thin, you can hear everything.

Also the beach bar plays music from morning till evening, so we could not hear the lovely nature sounds. The staff was really loud and annoying in the restaurant across our first hut. So we asked for another room. We got one in the very far back, that was okay for privacy but the surroundings were not pretty. Everywhere were leftovers and dirt laying around, we even found a knife in a flower pot.

A guy came to built in the missing safe (which we paid the deposit for our first hut and in the end had to discuss about getting the deposit back). The safe is not safe at all by the way. It's mounted with a screw into bamboo. Even I could take it away without any tools. Anyway.

The huts are... well... I can see what they tried to do here but seriously these are the most impractical apartments ever. We stayed in other huts in Thailand before that were lovely (and cost only a third). The bamboo huts may look nice but mosquitos (and other insects) can come through the gaps, especially in the bathroom - it's steamy and hot in there, mosquitos love it. There is a mosquito net for the night and you will definitely need mosquito spray (as you will need anywhere in the south of Thailand!). There are tiny screws on the floor that keep the bamboo together, I hurt myself several times. Also even I felt the bamboo will break under my feet and I am only 50kg, my boyfriend is twice as much and he was really scared to break through. The bed is just a mattress on the floor, so it might not be the comfiest you have ever slept in. Also I strongly doubt that anybody cleans up underneath it, so mold will start building up. The resort is just brandnew, not sure how it looks in a year or more.

Staff is really annoying. This was the only place in Thailand where we felt that way. Not having any English knowledge is one thing but I have never seen a waiter doing a worse job than here. Generally it feels like nobody that works here has ever worked in tourism before. At breakfast time we even helped out with the orders because the waiters were so stressed and couldn't do anything right (with only a few tables though). It was not the peaceful calmness we enjoyed in other places in Thailand. It felt hectic and unorganized most of the time. Considering that this was the most expensive part of our trip as we wanted to treat ourself to something nice it was a huge disappointment.

Cleaning is not great either. Soaps are not filled up, we only got one towel (for two people) and so on. Everyday we had to ask for something. Sorry, but if I pay a decent amount of money for a "hideaway" I kinda expect not having to ask for basic stuff again and again.

Also they have two dogs, two huskies that are chained all day (so they even chewed the furniture in the lobby area because they are so frustrated). They sit outside or inside all day, even though they go for walks with them. Still - my heart bleeds if I see something like that. The cats on the other hand have the best life, strolling around, getting cuddles everywhere and chilling on patios.

What brings me to the next point. We are vegans and I know it is not usual in Thailand but in every other place they understood our needs and respected our wishes. It was not always easy in this place (though we only had breakfast here - toast with jam, nothing else). We only ate in the restaurant once at our arrival, the food is average and comes with unfriendly service. Although we asked for "no egg" we still got it in our food. Of course we do not throw it away then, so we eat around the egg as good as possible. We also got a little stomache ache after eating here, was the onyl time in our three week trip. Could be coincidence but I'm really not sure about that. The restaurant was empty every night (in high season). That says everything. We ate out everyday.

Breakfast looked good on the other tables though, lots of different options from eggs, bacon to pancakes and stuff. Service at breakfast was horrible. Once (in the week we were there) they built up an outdoor buffet with a few things like toast, jam, hot water and fruit. Unfortunately the toaster and water boiler didn't work so they removed it again. It seemed very unorganized. Coffee is really really bad.

Once a staff member (he wore an ECO Lanta shirt!) wanted to pee next to our hut while we tried to enjoy the morning on our patio. He definitely saw us and we asked him to not do it and complained about it. Never ever happened anything like this in any other place in Thailand.

The beach is lovely. It's directly located at long beach with white sand and clear water, no stones in front of the hotel so you can enjoy a swim. But the music from the bar is so annoying, it's playing all day. So we tried to go as far away as possible to still have an umbrella and chairs but actually hear the ocean and birds and not just the bad music. We rented a motorbike and drove around most of the time because we just didn't feel so comfortable in that resort.

Also "Eco" is really just a name. Don't expect anything like what we might know as eco in the western world. It has nothing to do with sustainability or saving the environment. Eco means you stay in a bamboo hut in the nature, that's "eco" for them. Nothing else.

This was one of four places we stayed during our three week trip through Thailand. It was the most expensive and at the same time most disappinting one.

If you get your expectations right you might have a good time here. It's basic huts that are overpriced at a lovely beach on a touristy island. You can find better and cheaper places on Koh Lanta for sure though. I never ever would come back here again.

Date of stay: January 2017
8  Thank Pinkpixelpaola
ecolanta, Manager at Eco Lanta Hideaway Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

This is your second time writing you review ,first time TripAdvisor has removed it because it was against their guidelines and Violent.
we know that you tried hard to show our beautiful village in bad picture but you can't.
we server hundreds of customers who had a great time and experience here.
when you were here we asked you many times if you are ok and happy and you were look happy , but as soon you back and after almost two months you got to write all this which we don't understand why!!easy to write maybe!?
why you showed us different face and different feedback when you were here.
we would like to add you that we only works for 4 months and we can offer cheap price.
we will let our customers who were here same time with you answer you.
*Perfect location for a vacation...
The owners and staff were very friendly, helpful. The bamboo concept of the resort is very unique and makes it a memorable stay. Rooms are great, bungalow easily sleeps 5. Good AC. Excellent service and cocktails. Overall a remarkable stay, will definitely be visiting again.
*Most calm and relaxing place I have ever been to
Very relaxing atmosphere! The whole stuff is very friendly, helpful and competent. The food is very nice (did breakfast and dinner too) and the bamboo cottages are simply amazing. While in bed u can hear the ocean as well as many animals. We had the best sleeps here during our whole time in Thailand! The two owners also provided lots of tips and organized trips for us! We will definitely come back again if we stay in Koh Lanta the next time!
*Extremely friendly staff and beach so close! Calm place with chilling music. Amazing place.
*Very relaxing place.
Fantastic place to relax
*Excellent location and the best bungalows I've seen. An experience I never will forget. The manager and the owner were very friendly and helpful.
*Everything was fab, great breakfasts, great location, great bar, cool tunes, nice people. Beach life. Excellent place. Nice dinners
*Nice bungalows and service!
My boyfriend and I really liked this place. It is a beach front resort and they have a restaurant as well as a bar. They have beach beds and umbrellas that you can use while relaxing. It is located in Long Beach and in my opinion on the best spot of the whole beach. There is free WiFi in the rooms, in the restaurant area and you can even get it on the beach beds if closer to the restaurant. When we arrived at the hotel they helped us with our bags, served us orange juice. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The bungalows are nice, all made of bamboo. Each bungalow has a hammock outside and a balcony with a sitting area, The air con works very well, they have a mosquito net and a mosquito medicine that plugs on the electricity. There is also a Frigobar, safe box, hangers, shelves and they give 02 bottles of water every day. The food is good, taste very homemade, but takes a while to be served, a good 30 minutes. The drinks are good as well. Our room included breakfast and you have more than 5 options to choose from (pancake, muesli, toast, toast with banana and Nutella, Thai breakfast, french toast, etc.) and all of the options come with orange juice, fruits, and coffee/tea. The staff from the resort are always smiling and willing to help. They gave us tips to go around the island. You can rent motorcycles and book day trips in the hotel. They also can arrange transportation if needed. For me it was like a Thai experience staying in the bamboo bungalows, it's different but very nice! At first I thought the price was a little higher for what is offered but at the end I thought was worth it. I recommend this hotel *Relaxing stay on lanta
The property was so relaxing. The guys who ran were very friendly, and the bungalows were decent. The view was incredible and the beach was quiet and lovely. Cheap scooter rentals and massages on the beach! Also easy to book excursions through the front desk

i can just keep copying people review forever for you
but i don't want to be boring
we wish you good luck dear

Reviewed February 1, 2017

The toilet is nice as well but the shower has a very low water pressure, almost like no water coming out of it. The temperature of the water is very hot or very cold. So for me, this was the only problem.

The staff from the resort are always smiling and willing to help.

I recommend this hotel :)

Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank Claudinhazen
Shadis20, Owner at Eco Lanta Hideaway Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

we are so much happy to meet you and serve you.
about the water pressure ,the water filter in your room was block and we did fix it.
we wish to see you again soon
thank you for supporting our eco concept
regards