“Yummy shake and awesome view ”

Moonwalk Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #254 of 408 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

We had a great coconut shake while enjoying the sunset. Perfect way to end an evening. The staff was really nice too

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We wanted to watch the sunset and have a Happy Hour drink so stopped here as it has a lovely view.
We chose a table near the railing facing the beach. The flooring is a patchwork of cement slabs, pieces of plywood, and not quite sure. . .The waiter appeared confused from afar with a look that said "What are they doing here?" When he got to our table, no greeting no smile--and even weirder--I greeted him and got NO response. He put the menus on the table. Not by us, just on the other side of us.I guess he was tired.
Even though we weren't going to eat just yet, we still like to check out menus for future reference. It had an overwhelming amount of choices--not always a good sign. The cover page talked about how Thai service is what the customer can expect. How ironic,
OK, so now we've decided on our drinks. By the way, their Happy Hour prices are higher than most.We waved to a server (Cheery guy evidently wandered off somewhere)So server #2 came over with the same personality! He was in lala land too. I ordered a Long Island Ice Tea. It was good, not the best I've had though. The other of us ordered a Rum and Coke, pretty hard to wreck that one. After enjoying the view and doing some people watching, I felt like having a glass of wine. When I spotted one of the mystery men, he was over by a large tree. I waved to him, he looked around like "who me?" and disappeared.
By then, we just decided to pay our bill and go. My husband got up to hunt someone down to get it.
Oh, and kind of ruining the ambiance was a family near the kitchen at a table. Maybe they work there or have some ownership in this place. Little kids were playing --don't mind that at all. What is annoying is talking/yelling instead of normal volume.
Won't go back again--and we're here for a month. There are too many places with pleasant servers.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

Everything was great. We went there several times. Breakfast was not too good but dinner was!! Tried Thai food and pizza and were satisfied with both. Plus great view at Klong Khong beach!

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Normally I don't waste my time writing bad reviews. But on the menu is a whole spiel about how they provide traditional Thai hospitality with a Western standard of service and food. So I was expecting at least a pleasant experience while I ate breakfast and enjoyed the view.

After several minutes of trying to get the waiter's attention, the waiter finally came over to our table and just stood there staring at us without saying anything. Awkwardly, I placed my order. My companion had a question about the menu and asked for a recommendation. The waiting rudely pointed to the menu and said something like "You look here. You read. When you ready you come tell me." Then he walked away and placed my order in with the kitchen.

Well, we had had enough so we got up, told them to cancel the order and left. We walked down the beach to a nicer resort and had a nice breakfast there with friendly service and cheaper prices. So, on top of the rude, insulting service, prices here are more expensive than nicer resorts on the beach. Definitely not a good value here.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

We had sunset drinks at this bar one afternoon, and decided to return in the evening for some seafood. The location is perfect for watching the sunset, really nice vibe on the beach. When we went to pay our drinks, we should have heeded the warning signs when they couldn't decide which bar tab was ours, despite the fact the bar was not busy. They were arguing between themselves in Thai, totally ignoring us standing there with money in our hand waiting to pay, until I raised my voice and said we need to go and wanting to pay.
Returning for evening dinner, we ordered a fresh fish and prawns to be cook on the barbecue, and some vegetable rice. Twice they wrongly came to our table with other peoples food order, then we our fresh fish arrived, they had steamed it in foil over the barbecue, rather than barbecuing it crisp. The result was the large scales of the fish were not scraped off before they cooked it, so you got large fish scales with every mouthful.............grrr!!!
This meal ended up being our most expensive in Thailand (1200 Bt) and the worst. Sorely disappointed to what should have been a beautiful meal on a beautiful location.