“perfect diving experience!!”
Review of Flip Flop Divers

Flip Flop Divers
Ranked #11 of 37 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Flip Flop Divers is a small, family run dive centre on the tropical island of Koh Lanta, offering both recreational dives as well as a full range of PADI courses for beginners, through to a professional Dive-master certification.
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfect diving experience!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Myself and my wife dived with Ady of Flip Flop divers whilst on honeymoon on Ko Lanta. Prior to arriving in Ko Lanta I had a number of emails backwards and forwards with Ady to check all the details and ensure that the trip was exactly what we wanted. He was very prompt to respond on each occasion. A few days prior to our arrival we were actually in the process of booking a new hotel and even with that he was incredibly helpful when I emailed him asking for his advice and input.

The actual dive day itself was incredibly well organised. It is clear that Ady is very well liked and respected by all of the other dive professionals and he made my wife and I feel totally at ease. The safety briefing was thorough (but not over the top) and he did absolutely everything he could to encourage us throughout the dives and ensure we had the most amazing day. We were in Thailand for 3 weeks and our dives with Ady clearly stand out as one of the best (if not, THE best) day of our honeymoon!

Later that evening we actually bumped into Ady at a Muay Thai boxing show and he couldn’t have been friendlier and seemed genuinely delighted that we had such a good day.

We cannot recommend Flip Flop divers any higher – it is the most amazing dive school!!

Visited January 2013

Neustadt, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Ease Nerves”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'm a fairly new diver who didn't have the best experience during her Open Water course. With 2 years since diving last, I was a little hesitant to begin again. We went to a few different dive shops and talked with people, but I felt most comfortable at Flip Flop. This feeling was confirmed after our first dive. The staff were really fun, but professional and good at communicating. We did 4 dives with them and now I'm ready to go again feeling much more confident! I can actually enjoying diving again :D

Visited January 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Professional but personable”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't get fooled by the tough look of the owner: Biker Ady, what a great guy. He runs a slightly different type of concept of a dive shop, less mass market but very customized and personable. He has assembled a highly professional team of scuba professionals around him and they will do their best to make sure that you have a great time and that includes not just the diving but they will also assist with accommodation and evening entertainment if nicely asked.
It is a smaller operation than some of the other dive bases but by pooling resources with other dive bases/boats the team will make sure that you get to do the dives you want to do.
Highly recommended.

Visited December 2012
Berlin, Germany
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Greatest time”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had my first dives ever with Flip Flop in Koh Lanta. And in case I manage going on with it ad planned, it's a big deal because of them. I was there with a friend who had much more experience. So she went out with Teresa and Luke was my personal instructor. Personal training for each of us. Patient, funny, caring, charming. For me, it was simply perfect and I can definitely recommend Flip Flop. Thanks guys!

Boksburg, South Africa
“Best Dive Shop on Ko Lanta”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I got lucky I guess .I tried to choose a dive shop before we left and there was no compelling review directing me to a particular dive shop.My daughter,son and I did our OW course.The guys were fantastic.We had two divemaster,s for the three of us.The attitude was mature and respectful .The course was fun and price was great value for money.The bigger schools were the same money for the same course except there is no personal attention.My daughter battled to remove her mask and our divemaster Luke managed to coax Kerry to complete the course ,which took great patience and experience.That was my highlite.The whole team helped on our course and made our holiday.Ady invited us to dive with them on their staff private christmas dive.We ended up swimming ,having a few drinks off Long beach,awesome.There is no doubt that these guys are the people to dive with.Ko lanta is a cheaper island ,far better than Phi Phi,ask Ady for trip advice ,he can save you a fortune.Thanks Ady and your team.We will be back.

Visited December 2012