“Professional but personable”
Review of Flip Flop Divers

Flip Flop Divers
Ranked #11 of 37 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Flip Flop Divers is a small, family run dive centre on the tropical island of Koh Lanta, offering both recreational dives as well as a full range of PADI courses for beginners, through to a professional Dive-master certification.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Professional but personable”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't get fooled by the tough look of the owner: Biker Ady, what a great guy. He runs a slightly different type of concept of a dive shop, less mass market but very customized and personable. He has assembled a highly professional team of scuba professionals around him and they will do their best to make sure that you have a great time and that includes not just the diving but they will also assist with accommodation and evening entertainment if nicely asked.
It is a smaller operation than some of the other dive bases but by pooling resources with other dive bases/boats the team will make sure that you get to do the dives you want to do.
Highly recommended.

Visited December 2012

Berlin, Germany
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Greatest time”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had my first dives ever with Flip Flop in Koh Lanta. And in case I manage going on with it ad planned, it's a big deal because of them. I was there with a friend who had much more experience. So she went out with Teresa and Luke was my personal instructor. Personal training for each of us. Patient, funny, caring, charming. For me, it was simply perfect and I can definitely recommend Flip Flop. Thanks guys!

Boksburg, South Africa
“Best Dive Shop on Ko Lanta”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I got lucky I guess .I tried to choose a dive shop before we left and there was no compelling review directing me to a particular dive shop.My daughter,son and I did our OW course.The guys were fantastic.We had two divemaster,s for the three of us.The attitude was mature and respectful .The course was fun and price was great value for money.The bigger schools were the same money for the same course except there is no personal attention.My daughter battled to remove her mask and our divemaster Luke managed to coax Kerry to complete the course ,which took great patience and experience.That was my highlite.The whole team helped on our course and made our holiday.Ady invited us to dive with them on their staff private christmas dive.We ended up swimming ,having a few drinks off Long beach,awesome.There is no doubt that these guys are the people to dive with.Ko lanta is a cheaper island ,far better than Phi Phi,ask Ady for trip advice ,he can save you a fortune.Thanks Ady and your team.We will be back.

Visited December 2012
Nottingham
“A real pleasure”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of diving with Flip Flop in Feb 2012. The staff were very friendly and professional and there is more of a dive club vibe than a dive shop vibe here. You have to try it to know what I mean but Ady the owner lives on the premises with Val his wife and most evenings the bar/cafe is filled with divers discussing the days diving and planning the next. This was my first time diving in Thailand and the amount of fish life was amazing but my guide Luke seems to have the home address of all the interesting fish and was really informative.

Something else I liked was the small size of the groups. Unlike other places I have been where there is one guide for 8 to 10 people, at Flip Flop it is a normally two people to one guide.

Many thanks to Ady, Val, Luke and Harun for making my visit so memorable.

Visited February 2012
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“thank you eddy”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great dives, great burgers, great t-shirt with the collest attitude and one one the finest character I've et on the island

Visited January 2013