“wow! I can't believe all the negative reviews”

Blue Andaman Lanta Resort
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Castleford, United Kingdom
“wow! I can't believe all the negative reviews”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here during our visit to Ko Lanta and thought this place was the best value for money place we have stayed

the pool is really nice, the staff were great, the food was decent and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

getting a scooter or a tuk-tuk for just a couple of GBP can get you to a few other beaches with more bars and places to eat.

If you're used to been pampered at all inclusive resorts or going to resorts where everything is located on site then this probably isnt the place for you (Ko Lanta that is, not just Blue Andaman). If what you want is a really nice place to stay and relax without anyone bugging you to buy things etc all day and with options to head to other beaches where things are livelier or then this is the place for you

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This place was a complete letdown from the first moment i arrived. The room had not been cleaned. No towel's. ( they said i had to wait a couple hour's). Hot water did not work, and the motorbikes they rented were poor and broke down!. ( No refund of course). Thailand is a beautiful country, but this place give's the whole island of koh lanta a bad name!

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank boatingtraveler

Travelers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Lismore, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2012

We booked a "SeaView Room" which from the brochure looked great- pool right in front of our room, then the beach for 5 nights but left after one horrible 12 hours there. We told them at checkout why we were leaving but still charges us 30% ($200 AUD) for our stay on top of the night we did stay. Here's our story: We got in late and were exhausted. Our room itself was so old, mouldy and in poor repair especially for the 2,700 baht ($81 AUD) per night they charged us which is quite expensive in Thailand. It was noisy, mouldy, old and in horrible repair. The a/c was heavily perfumed but the strong odour still came through. The mould on the headboard of our bed was so bad we had to sleep the opposite way. Our bed had a huge spot that just sunk in like a hole and there wasn't even a mattress cover!! The sheets were totally stained- all of them. There was no safe in the room Even though it was advertised. The bathroom had broken tile, a bare light bulb hanging from wires from the ceiling and no ventilation. The window was duct taped shut and peeling back. The fridge was so noisy and hadn't been cleaned in ages and was rusty. We ate at the restaurant late that night and the broccoli in my curry was spoilt but they still used it! Then for breakfast which came with our room cost the fruit platter was so old that the watermelon surely had been sliced either the night before and let sit in the fridge uncovered as it didn't have any appetizing appeal at all! Our tea cups all had dark cracks in them and I was so unsure of the iced lassi that wasn't even blended that I didn't finish it. My partner ordered the "American Breakfast" which came with two lukewarm eggs, two untoasted pieces of bread, a cold slice of ham from a container and a green cut tomato. After breakfast we jumped in the pool to find furry mould along the edges and then I cut my toe on the tile. We went to reception and they didn't even have a first aid kit let alone a band-aid. She offered me a roll of toilet paper. Needless to say lack of sleep, lack of security, lack of comfort, lack of basic first aid makes for a bad stay. We will never stay there again and I will definitely share this experience with others. It was so beyond bad that it's hard to even imagine. We moved over to another resort called Pilanta Spa Resort which has been AMAZING and I'll write a review for that too.

Room Tip: Best advise- Choose another resort or hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer H
Sydney
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Nothing really special about this place. The bungalow rooms were ok and had most of the amenities you'd expect. Our room smelled a bit which we didn't notice when checking in as they'd perfumed it quite heavily. But it definitely came through by the second day!

However it was a comfortabel stay and the staff were quite friendly. The Thai food at the restaurant was pretty delicious and it was a very quite resort which is nice also.

The resort is located right on the beach but it's at a part of the beach which is not very nice to walk on and the beach in general is really rocky and not good to swim in. Very pretty though!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Not worth the time or the money..

The Blue Andaman Lanta Resort located on Koh Lanta, Thailand, is not what it advertises to be. The pamphlet is fantastic, making the destination look like paradise (see photos). I was sorely disappointed when I arrived. Located down a pot holed dirt road my first impression was, the driver had stopped at the wrong establishment. The resort (?) is a dump! There is rubbish all around, the front building is old and run down and needs a severe make over. The initial room I was shown had a wall fan, a double bed and sorely needed a clean and repair job.
I was moved to a bungalow, not in much better shape. The ceiling fan, covered in rust, is so noisy I could not sleep with it on. The air conditioner works but the fan on the unit does not work. The television is very old, the remote does not work, there is cable but the quality is dreadful, the drawer in the room is broken and at a strange angle, the toilet is, at least, western style and works. The shower is at least electric and warm. There was no towel and the room was not made up in the two days I was there. The cockroach, which I killed in my bed is still there.
The Blue Andaman Restaurant, which is only metres from the sea, offers an extensive assortment of dishes, the food is good but at expensive prices but the service is good and attentive (the Mexican food is not very Mexican).
All in all, the resort is very overpriced and not worth the trip. The island of Lanta, itself is dirty, rubbish lying around everywhere. The roads are in particularly bad shape. Motorbikes are available for rent from many outlets, but a word of caution, when driving. Watch your rear view mirror as trucks, mini buses and other vehicles are always in a rush and will run you off the road if you are not careful.
There are many other fine places to stay. Consider them before making your booking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank growler202
greater london
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Very rudee,unpolite, unprofessional. Plus the resort itself it is zero: far from everything and also the beach is dirty and not worthy at all. Nobody speaks english and one of the receptionist threw a book on MY face when I was claiming back Some money for the scooter's wheel which got totally broken after few kilometers and we had to repair. I rented the scooter from them! Criminals!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank mariaramia
Paris, France
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I'm so surprised by these negative reviews!
We had a really nice time at the blue Andaman. I usually do alot of research before going away and book hotels based on the reviews here on trip advisor so I'm so glad that our stay in Lanta was unplanned (after finding ourselves with some extra time in Southern Thailand to avoid flooded Bangkok) otherwise I would not have booked this hotel.

OK, we were in one of the two storey buildings so I can't vouch for the little bungalows - but our room was enormous, spotless, comfortable, cheap, with a great view. to the sea..and we stayed 4 nights! The staff came immediately to help us out when the air conditioning wasn't working (and subsequently switched our room with no fuss) and they were all extremely friendly and funny throughout our stay. The location is great - yes there are rocks in the sea when the tide is out, but when we toured the island (on a moto rented from the hotel at a reasonable price) it seemed that this is the Lanta landscape. The beach definitely wasn't dirty when we were there and we still managed to go in the sea at high tide, at other times we just chilled at the (also clean) pool. The restaurant at the hotel was no more expensive than anywhere else and we enjoyed the food - but when you want to escape the complex there are at least half a dozen other restaurants on the road to the hotel...

I was definitely not expecting to read such negativity about this place that I enjoyed and I'm sure people are unfairly put off going to this hotel which, although not a 5-star resort, is a really cool place to stay!

Room Tip: Try to get one of the large second floor family rooms with a view!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple