“Why so negative?!”

Blue Andaman Lanta Resort
Ranked #42 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I'm so surprised by these negative reviews!
We had a really nice time at the blue Andaman. I usually do alot of research before going away and book hotels based on the reviews here on trip advisor so I'm so glad that our stay in Lanta was unplanned (after finding ourselves with some extra time in Southern Thailand to avoid flooded Bangkok) otherwise I would not have booked this hotel.

OK, we were in one of the two storey buildings so I can't vouch for the little bungalows - but our room was enormous, spotless, comfortable, cheap, with a great view. to the sea..and we stayed 4 nights! The staff came immediately to help us out when the air conditioning wasn't working (and subsequently switched our room with no fuss) and they were all extremely friendly and funny throughout our stay. The location is great - yes there are rocks in the sea when the tide is out, but when we toured the island (on a moto rented from the hotel at a reasonable price) it seemed that this is the Lanta landscape. The beach definitely wasn't dirty when we were there and we still managed to go in the sea at high tide, at other times we just chilled at the (also clean) pool. The restaurant at the hotel was no more expensive than anywhere else and we enjoyed the food - but when you want to escape the complex there are at least half a dozen other restaurants on the road to the hotel...

I was definitely not expecting to read such negativity about this place that I enjoyed and I'm sure people are unfairly put off going to this hotel which, although not a 5-star resort, is a really cool place to stay!

Room Tip: Try to get one of the large second floor family rooms with a view!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 7, 2011

We like many others got a recommendation from a very dodgy person. The room was okay, and the rate was okay. The room had ants, the toilet did not stop running, and the refrigerator and air conditioner leaked all over EVERYTHING. We did not get anything stolen from us but we are not surprised that it happened. Did not trust any employee at this hotel. Pool was good, food was bad, and you cannot swim on the beach. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My camera got stolen from my bungalow, when I was sitting in the restaurant. The owner didn't want to call for the police, didn't feel responsible for the robbery, didn't help anyhow.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you don't want to get robbed.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank 2011KAT
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed there 4 nights, one of them there was no electricity so no fan and loads of cockroaches going out from all over the bungalow... Most of staff is very rude, specially the female members...they don't really care about the costumers, and sometimes make you feel very uncomfortable. The beach next to the bungalows is full of rubbish, and after 4 pm when the tide is low, you can see it is full of rocks, so don't even think in swimming there. The only nice thing about this place is the sunset you can see from the "sound shack" bar, and the pool area. Food is not too bad, but overpriced for what you get. I'm sure there' s many better places in koh lanta, so please avoid this one!!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank CML007
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Booked into the place from Ao Nang and wanted white beaches and a calm resort. This was lo season just 2 weeks ago. The resort is nice and simple, with pretty bungalows a great fun bar and mostly rocky (dead coral) beaches but ok we thought. The staff were mainly indifferent to any of the problems in the room, with the bills, the resort or with the bikes they rented. Mostly the staff wearing traditional (Muslim) clothes would stand and look down on the non-muslims drinking and chatting, or the staff were sleeping openly in the restaurant. It was complicated to get an answer or response or even eye-contact from any receptionists. Really appalled. Its a shame really because the bar next to reception was fun lively, cheapish, and full of life, fantastic service, really great. It was so wierd to have such a contrast only 1 meter from each other, but when you stepped in the bar it was another world, when you stepped out you had scowling faces or blind indifference.
Do not give this place ANY of your good money, there are plenty of nice resorts in Ko Lanter.

Room Tip: semidetached rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was surprised to see so many negative reviews about this resort, have stayed in this place in June & August 2011 each time 5-7 days -- Bedding is clean, staff is friendly, pool is enjoyable….

I could have write a good review about it. But 2 incidents happened has changed my thinking --
1) My beautiful hat missing from balcony and the other traveler also lost his sunglass after just one night staying there.
2) I gave 3 mails to the receptionist to post but they never reached my family & my home after 3-weeks time. Despite my Thai friend help me to call them and found out they just send the mails out that morning? After one-week time?? It is hard to believe they still have the mail then because the mail never reach my home after 3 weeks.

Be a fair judge, in low season, it’s all right to stay there and just don’t leave anything you need outside of your room. And don’t fellow the tout / No need to pre-booking , which will cost you more money. In low season, June to Aug, just show up and bargain the room price, you will get a better deal.

It could be 1 or 2 less-honest & irresponsible staff and make the whole place turn out to be infamous. What a regret!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2011

WORST PLACE EVER!! We got recommended to stay here from one of those dodgy tourist places in Krabi and they said it was highly recommended (as they prob got a high commision!!). It was disgusting, the ppl running the place were Muslim (no offence) but they were extremely rude, my bag got stolen and they were of no help infact it wouldnt surprise me if they were in on it. The breakfast was gross and so were the rooms and the pool!!! Pool was unclean with plasters etc floating around. Worst experience ever!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple