“An amazing adventure”

PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience Day Trip
Ranked #11 of 44 Tours in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scubafish offers small groups, an unrivalled reputation for high quality, personal service, a PADI 5 Star Training Centre, Underwater Digital Imaging Academy and Marine Education Centre. Based in the South of Ko Lanta, our 2 luxury dive boats offer shorter journey times to some of Thailand's top dive sites. We know your holiday time is precious and we want to make sure you get the most out of it!
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

having not for too many years I joined my daughter for the pool session of the discovery dive course. Eileen was fantastic with Adele and I. Very clear very patient and filled us both with confidence for our 2 dives the next day. The dive boat was huge and crew fantastic. The 20 or so of us had lot of room to sit and eat breaky up top whilst the DMs got it all organised down stairs. Another briefing and soon the bell went to suit up. We went of the end and from the moment we put our heads under it was wow. So many different fish and corals etc. Simply stunning. The whole time Eileen was looking after Adele and she was having a ball. We had a wonderfully lunch and were soon suiting up for dive 2. Another amazing dive and we ever saw a banded sea krate. I couldn't recommend scubafish more highly. They were fantastic. If you are at kantieng bay drop in and see them. You will not be disappointed. Very profession outfit.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"beautiful fish"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was lucky enough to do my Open Water diver training and certification with Scubafish, in Koh Lanta, three years ago. As we were back on the island with our daughter it seemed like the obvious choice to return to see Saffron, Kim, Jon and all the crew at Scubafish and book a refresher for me, and a Discover Scuba Diving course for Zoe.
In the intervening three years they have done built a new HQ with a large equipment store and all sorts of accessories that can be bought or, in some cases, hired. as before, their service was unsurpassed. They allocated Jon to work with Zoe and she had a very gentle introduction in the pool, at the end of which she had become familiar with the equipment and seemed totally at ease under water.
A week later (we waited for a very calm day) we headed out on their huge dive boat. IT was a beauty with separate wet and dry areas for the divers and even a lounge to rest in between dives. The dive sites I had tried last time are closed, but that was no problem as the boat was big and fast enough to get across to the Phi Phi islands in about 90 minutes. Throughout, we were provided with refreshments and the dive masters and instructors cam round to brief us about dive safety, the dive sites, and the various fish that we were likely to see. Jon made a particular effort to keep Zoe (who doesn't like the sea) at her ease.
The dives were text book examples. Acclimatisation and building of confidence then gently and calmly diving the site, watching the clown fish, the dory, the barracuda, the colourful coral - and to crown it all a leopard shark. Perfect. Throughout this, Kim had been taking photos under water and we had a chance to review and select the images we wanted on the way back.
I cannot recommend Scubafish highly enough - professional, caring, and personal service.

1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I'd signed up for the Go Photo course before arriving in Thailand. I'd done a few dives in Koh Tao before arriving in Koh Lanta which made me question why I took up diving at all. To make a long story short, my day with Scubafish today was AMAZING. My instructor, Eileen, was insanely kind, patient, and knowledgeable. She helped me pick out excellent photo subjects and then edited them after the dives to make them as sexy as possible. Everyone on the boat was very sweet and patient. They have legit dive boats too (I'd been diving off of long tailed pseudo dive boats that freaked me out)! They prepped all the equipment for everyone and I can't imagine what else they could have done to make the trip more amazing. Its expensive but so, so worth it. LOVE SCUBAFISH!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was lucky enough to dive for 3 days with Scubafish last year with my wife - I've been diving for over 10 years, been to many countries, used many dive operators and I can confidently say: Scubafish are the best. Everything about their operation was amazing, right down to the chest-full of cold cokes on board the boats;) The boat rides are long, but they're so comfortable that we didn't mind at all. I like having time to get adjusted to being on the water, time to fiddle with gear and my camera etc. so we really didn't mind the long boat ries. And then the diving? Well, it's top notch. The healthiest marines life and sheer number of fish I've ever seen. Love these guys and can't wait to repeat my visit someday.