Stayed three nights for a relaxing getaway in August 2013.
Location; in the calm and quiet area of koh lanta in kantiang bay, on a hill, beachfront with stunning views and with only a few steps to the beach. Next door to other restaurants, a few bars, spa, pharmacy and a 7 eleven next door. In one word; fantastic location.
Pick up service from ferry point very good service and convenient.
Great pool with sun beds,stunning views and lush garden. Transportation and excursions can be booked easily by the agency at the resort.
Rooms; stayed in one of the not beach front Bungalows. Beautiful spacious rooms with large comfy bed, mosquito net, tv, air condition and large bathroom. Impeccably clean and well maintained. Nice porch with chairs to every bungalow overlooking the pool area. Huge plus for providing beach pool and normal towels. The bungalow is one of the best I've ever stayed in.
Service; staff at restaurant are rude, service is very slow even with two occupied tables in the whole restaurant. Reception staff are rude aswell and with very limited English. Bar and restaurant are separated as the island is Muslim, we were ushered out of the restaurant one night at 9pm just after ordering a watermelon fruit shake, they closed at 9.30pm.
Restaurant: food is delicious and fairly priced, nice restaurant setting. Breakfast included in stay but we had to negotiate to get our fruit plates, waiting over 20 min, and staff were rude, again Such a shame service is so poor.
Value for money;
Got a great last minute deal in low season and the bungalows are amazing so I'd say yes good value for money.for the original 5000baht a night price, if you don't mind the awful service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laanta Resort & Spa is a beach-chic, boutique resort offering 15 stylish and elegant, traditional Thai-style villa bungalows, located on the beach in Kan Tiang Bay. Set within an unspoiled natural bay on the western coast of Ko Lanta, Baan Laanta Resort offers the perfect haven for a relaxing holiday or long weekend. Each beautifully designed villa is only a few steps away from the ocean and offers simple luxury with an elegant touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Baan Laanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laanta Resort And Spa
- Baan Laanta Hotel Ko Lanta