We stayed here for 5 nights whilst visiting Koh Lanta and had a really good time.
The rooms are very nicely furnished, have a TV, fridge, very good A/C and a nice balcony area. The bungalows are set in very pretty gardens, you also hear lots of animal noises!
The bed mattress was very hard - although I have seen from Melissa's reply to other reviews that the intention is to get mattress toppers, I'm sure it will be much better then. I think it would also be good for the rooms to have safes.
The bathroom isn't outdoors as such, it has four walls and a roof, the top section of the wall is open, which we found perfectly fine. You do get a lot of ants, which we found in many indoor bathrooms in Asia anyway! The only thing is that mosquitos liked to hang around the towel rail in the bathroom, I guess because it's warm and moist. I had to use a lot of mosquito repellant here! We also had a couple of cockroaches, which we had fun chasing out of the room :)
We had breakfast at Mook Lanta on two occasions, it was very tasty and we felt it was reasonably priced. The lady who works at the bar is very friendly.
The beach is a couple of minutes away, as are restaurants and shops. We rented a bike for two days and found this the best way to get around the island, we liked the beaches further south which were lovely and very quiet!
The owners are indeed very helpful and friendly and can help advise on places to go, book transport etc. We mentioned about diving and Nick was kind enough to drive us to the dive centre.
On arrival we didn't find the welcome particularly warm, we still had our rucksacks on from the ferry from Krabi and it was very hot and the lady wanted us to pay for the 3 nights we had booked, there and then. Not a problem - but it would have been nice to have been able to put our bags down, get a cold drink and then pay!
There do seem to be a lot of these style bungalows around the island, a lot advertising prices for less than what we paid, however I don't know whether they all had the amenities that Mook Lanta provide.
Overall a very nice stay and we would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mook Lanta Eco Resort, offers beautiuful Thai style bungalows in a picturesque secluded gardens. Located on the most popular beach of Phra Ae (Long Beach) we are close to all that Koh Lanta has to offer. Our bungalows range from large family air conditioned bungalows through to inexpensive fan Bungalows. We have Free Wifi throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mook Lanta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mook Lanta Boutique Resort And Spa
- Mook Lanta Boutique Hotel Ko Lanta
- Mook Lanta Boutique Ko