“Nick and Melissa have a fabulous thing here!”
Review of Mook Lanta Resort

Mook Lanta Resort
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

After a miserable stay down the road at another guesthouse where I got no sleep I stumbled at 7am in to Mook Lanta after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Melissa helped me right away, even though they weren't even open yet. She had Nick drive me to the old place where I packed up and checked out. I came back to Mook Lanta and before even officially checking in they sent my exhausted self to bed and said we could deal with details later. So even though technically I was there for one night, it felt like 2. They are located a 2 minute walk from the beach, I had four walls of my own and a private bathroom for the same price as the crummy noisy bungalow down the street and 2 great hosts, wifi and lovely company in the communal area added even more greatness. My room was bright and clean and I loved all the jungle noises at night. They made everything easy and I really appreciate their hospitality. I will definitely recommend Mook Lanta to others traveling down that way!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and we really appreciate your feedback and loved having you staying with us, be sure to come back soon x Mellisa & Nick

There are newer reviews for Mook Lanta Resort

Reviewed November 3, 2013

It's a really nice place and the new owners are really nice and friendly. They helped us a lot with everything we needed. The rooms are really cozy and clean and we felt very welcome there. We can highly recommend Mook Lanta to everyone that ever want to visit Ko Lanta. It's a great place with reasonable prices. We will definitely go back there. Thank you Mellisa and Nick for everything. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you Nico, we are hoping you are returning soon as it is high season now. Miss you loads Mellisa & Nick

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I randomly made it to the Mook Lanta and had little expectations upon arrival. Once there, we were met by the warm and friendly owners. Their kindness and openness was immediately apparent and gave the place a great feel. Beyond themselves, the rooms were very clean and constructed well. It was easy to relax and be comfortable. The food was very good and the community atmosphere even better. It was easy to sit around the bar and enjoy the good nature of Melissa and Nick and various locals. It was so nice I stayed a few extra days, and ended up going out on the town with the owners and whoever was around. The owners really strive to provide a great place to stay at a reasonable price. If one is looking for a solid, clean, well constructed , comfortable, affordable, helpful and friendly place, look no further.

Room Tip: aircon and fan rooms are available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank craig k
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Aw Craig thanks so much for this review means so much to us, make sure you come back real soon.

Safe travels

Mellisa & Nick

Reviewed September 29, 2013

For starters the hospitality is unparralell to any place I have been. The host Melissa and Nick are wonderful, friendly and warm people. You will truly think you are staying with old friends and not renting a place. They were able to give me advice for my forward travels and even places to stay that they have been to themselves.

It was low season when I went and quite quiet on the island, which is what I wanted. The hosts knew this and would invite me with them when they went out at night, which was so kind.

The location is close to the beach and there are a bunch of places to eat and get good coffee in the area. The bungalows are very nice, clean and homely. I really liked the raised walk paths to get to the rooms and the individual nature of each bungalow. You will not be disturbed by your neighbors. I rented a fan room with a TV which had plenty of English channels to watch. And the evening is cool enough that air con is not really needed unless you want it.

The place is perfect for all travelers whether be a family to solo traveler and they have bungalows to accommodate every type of traveler. If I am in Ko Lanta every again I would only stay at Mook Lanta.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank GaryEL921
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you Gary for making me smile all day! Really is lovely getting a review like this and just makes my day. Hope everyone thinks the same as you.

Come back soon to hear some more crazy Lanta stories!

Mellisa & Nick

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Although this was my first trip to Ko Lanta, when I arrived a Mook Lanta Resort I was welcomed like an old friend by Nick and Melissa. The room was very comfortable and quiet and the hospitality was great. Defiantly worth a visit and I look forward to checking in again on my next visit

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkdeBurgh
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been back in the Uk for three weeks now after returning from a two week stay in Mook Lanta Resort and are having serious post holiday blues.

We chose the resort, for initially 7 nights, mainly based on reviews we had read prior to booking accommodation for Koh Lanta. We had booked into the double fan unit. The room itself came with a mosquito net, ensuite bathroom, cable tv and outdoor seating. The room is clean and we thought was great value for money if you are backpacking, on a budget and is great for a short stay. It is suitable for a couple, single travel or two friends.

After viewing the double air con though, we couldn't resist and treated ourselves to the upgrade. The bungalow itself is spacious, has a balcony outdoor seating, fridge, cable tv and ensuite bathroom. The room has a quirky outdoor style shower ( completely private) and felt very surreal showering while listening to the birds and other wildlife.

The resort is set amongst a tropical garden with lots of lovely plants and flowers. The beach is a 5 minute walk away and within walking distance to some of the best eateries on the island. The resort offers a variety of breakfast options. The cooked breakfast is yummy . The bar is open throughout the day for bar food and drinks. I should also add they do a traditional Sunday roast which was the best Western meal we had in our trip if Asia.

If you are deciding to go to Koh Lanta for the diving, go to Mook Lanta reception, the owners will advise on the different options for courses etc. The owner is an experienced diving instructor. If that's not your thing though the island offers various other activities, one of which is a visit to the islands animal welfare centre which again is walking distant from the resort. There is scooters to rent from reception.

The resort would be most suited for families, couples and small groups and for all ages. The island is more chilled out than other places we visited but you can still do most things on Koh Lanta that you can do on any other island ie if you are after a bit of nightlife, there is some great bars, just ask the staff for recommendations.

We cannot thank the owners Nick and Melissa enough for their hospitality throughout our stay. They advised us on what to do on the island as well as recommendations and help with booking onward travel.

We decided to extend our trip for another 7 nights as we really didn't want to leave.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday in Thailand and our stay at Mook Lanta made it so memorable.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Fiona1231985
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thanks so much for your review Fiona, we too, enjoyed your stay and it means so much to us to receive such nice feedback. Hope you and Derek return for the wedding! Mellisa & Nick

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Firstly, I should explain that we did not stay at Mook Lanta - we went there to have a nice Sunday lunch and to meet and enjoy the hospitality of the hosts, Nick and Melissa. It was a charming spot (if a little challenging to find), but once there we were greeted like old friends and introduced to the other people in the bar.

We were treated to lovely meal in the quaint bar area, and were able to sit and enjoy the live feed of English football.

The resort has a number of comfortable cabins nestling in the undergrowth and all linked by elevated walkways. Nick and Melissa seem to be the perfect hosts, and I would recommend Mook Lanta to anyone.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks Andy for your wonderful comments and I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed the food and the game whilst you were with us. However I think your team winning the football did make it all the more enjoyable for you ;-)