“Staying with friends....a real chillout place !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Fisherman's Cottage
Ranked #11 of 228 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Stayed there for 3 nights in November in the MantaRay Bungalow. Almost everything is said here so far and I can only confirm everything. Arriving there is kind of arriving home, you feel comfortable and "easy" from second one. I will definitely come back to enjoy the fabulous food, feelgood atmosphere and opportunity to relax. Kun and team: Many thanks from Martin & Andy

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 23, 2009

This place is a real gem. We stayed for five nights in November and had a wonderful time. Its true that the bungalows are nestled on not one of the better beaches on Ko Lanta as its rocky, bit for a couple of hundred baht and a 10 minute trip on a moped, you can be on one of Ko Lantas many gorgeous long beaches. The food is fab, the staff are really helfpful and friendly and the rooms are clean but basic. We left for 5 days for Phi Phi and lived to regret it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

When myself and my boyfriend arranged to come to Thailand as part of our GAP year travels, this was the kind of thing we expected. The place is on a quiet bend on Klong Khong beach, in the shade of dozens of palms and down a dirt road. This makes it a world of its own. We personally only stayed one night, but we would definately go back.
The bunglows are all individually made up, some on stilts, some with plaster walls, orther with reed walls. They all have a sea view and an outdoor bathroom. The toilets are all flush and the water sun warmed to the perfect tempreature [meaning if you want a hot shower, bathe in the evening]. We personally stayed in Snapperfish [no 3], and they put up 2 hammocks for us. None of the rooms have aircon, but they all have mossie nets and fans so you are safe if not a little sticky.
The beach it is on is quiet, but the sea is very warm, almost like a bath, and it is shallow and rocky so is very hard to swim in. The sunsets and sunrises were amazing.
The resturant they have there is probably the best food we have had so far in Thailand. Particularly try the bake potato and the Pad Thai. The cocktails and also really good and eveything is fairly priced.There is also a range of places to sit, on chairs, axe cushions, overlooking the beach or in the trees. Why eat anywhere else?!?
The family who own it are wonderful, caring and always looking to help. They can arrange diving, treks, anything you want. They dont however take cards so make sure you bring cash. The price for our room was 600 baht a night but I dont know how much this differs.
Overall we loved our unfortunately short stay and I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2009

From the simple bungalows to the outdoor showers, everything is designed to slow you down to island life. The place is run to perfection by a group of friends who go out of their way to make you feel at home and relaxed. The only regret you have is the fact that you must leave Fisherman's Cottage.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2009

It's hard to list every single reason why Fisherman's Cottage is such a great place to stay. (I've stayed at Fisherman's every year for 7-8years and just got back from a 2wk visit. Needless to say I love staying there, it is without doubt my favourite place in Thailand.) But if you stay there, the first one you will notice is the staff. Kun, the owner, O and Lap the barstaff, and A and Lam the two chefs are the most welcoming and friendly people I have ever come across. They really care about making everyone that stays there feel at home and seeing their guests happy makes them happy.

The sunset is absolutely amazing and probably the best I've seen in the word. The bungalows are all really charismatic and there are only 11 so it never feels overcrowded. The food is excellent (I recommend: masman curry, chicken no name, baked glass noodles with prawns, and the whole bbq fish which you have to order in advance). There's a small intimate bar so it's really easy to be social if you feel like it. You can get any advice you need and book tours there (I recommend going to Ko Rok).

The only drawback is that you can't swim at low tide. But as in previous review you can easily hire a motorbike and drive in either direction for a swim anytime during the day or you can walk about 10-15min up the beach. Low tide changes each day by about an hour, so depending on when you stay there you will be able to swim at different times. On the positive side though, the water caught in the rocks at low tide make for a pretty amazing sunset.

If you care about any of the following: all bungalows have fans but not aircon, they all have good mosquito nets (i.e. no holes) and western toilets, they only have cold showers (but who wants a hot shower after being in the sun all day + the water isn't ever that cold), and, unlike many other places in Thailand, they wash and change the sheets after each guest. They also have a computer there with free internet, or if you have your own notebook they have free WiFi.

If you're in the area I definitely recommending staying at Fisherman's. In the time that I've stayed there I have never seen a disappointed guest and most people that go there for a couple of nights end up staying for longer because they love it so much.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2009

One of the best bungalows I stayed in.... excellent food (the best I had in Thailand..pre-order the whole fish three hours in advance...it's worth it), staff (thank you..I can't say enough about how great they were..Kun can arrange everything and gives specific directions), amazing sunsets (see pics)...near elephant trekking, cave, ferry and shopping.
Not a lot of nightlife. I was there in the middle of my trip, so relaxing for a few days was just what I needed (a little too much partying in Tonsai Bay). I stayed in the Snapper #3 bungalow (which was clean,cute... and an adventure). It was my first bungalow with no air-con and hot water. I loved it!
Some more details...
The beach in front of the bungalows is a bit rocky...you need to walk down the beach for a better place to swim (this did not bother me at all). If you plan on going to (or from) Koh Phang Nga from Koh Lanta expect almost an 11 hour trip...1 van, 2 buses, 2 ferrys, a speed boat. Exhausting but worth it.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sherry B
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Fishermans Cottages welcomed us in like a new member of their family. Khun, Lap, Oh and the rest of the team were warm, friendly and also entertaining as they worked really hard to ensure that we had everything we needed. We were 4 friends from London - two already travelling and two taking a winter break. We all felt at home.

The bungalows are stylish and charming, set spaciously amongst a grassy lawn, coconut trees and a great garden. The food was excellent and the free wifi a bonus in Thailand these days - meant we spent much time in the bar/restaurant area on the beach catching up on emails and chatting to the Fisherman guys.

As the sun sets, the music is turned up and the scene set for a great evening ahead. A fantastic place to chill with the odd party thrown in, if you fancy it. Or if you are fed up with the beach - you can relax watching a DVD - a real treat when you've been travelling for a while.

Locationwise - Fisherman's is definitely set on the best part of the beach - slightly private on a small bend away from the madding crowd.

We spent 16 days there and can't wait to return!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends