“Best Food, Relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Fisherman's Cottage
Ranked #11 of 212 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Kelowna, Canada
“Best Food, Relaxing”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My first impression as we walked in with our family, was "oh man, what have I done". We were greeted by a few people who were shirtless, tattooed and were what i would call, "land pirates". First impressions can be very wrong. While i started off a little tense that something bad might happen, it was a very short while before i let my daughter go play with the cook in the kitchen where I couldn't see her.
My wife and I brought our daughters (1.5 and 3.5 years old) here in March 2013. Our place was the furthest from the beach, but the biggest one, the whale room. By furthest from the beach, I mean a 40 second walk to the water, closest to the road, which is nice for those who crave ice cream as there is a 7/11 just at the end of the driveway, but you cant hear it or see it, you feel like you are at the beach, you are much closer to the water than the road, don't let me steer you wrong. The mosquito nets were different than the ones in the photos, and they didn't have any holes, so they must change them as needed. After 3 weeks backpacking with the kids, this is the place that I remember as being the most relaxing. it sounds a little funny that the place built out of concrete with the open ceilings, and mosquito nets would be so relaxing, but it was. When I was there, I ate every meal i could at fishermans cottage, and now that i am home, I still wish i could eat every meal there. I loved it, i would love to go back, and I would, if it wasn't in Ko Lanta. The island itself is very sleepy. Having come just from Phi Phi and stayed on the beach watching fire shows, Lanta was a little slow for me. This is where people who are travelling for a year come when they want the relaxing part of their holiday. we like adventure. Maybe that is why fishermans cottage was the best part of ko lanta for me.

Room Tip: Any room is good, just stop at the 7/11 and get a package of mosquito coils, the rooms are well vent...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

One of the best and most memorable stays on our journey through thailand. great staff, thank you kun, lab and waterlemon man, superb fresh kitchen, clean rooms and the best open air bathroom we have ever had! Go there, unwind and enjoy!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This it THE best place in Koh Lanta. My friend and I travelled in Thailand for a month, and we stayed at Fisherman's for about two weeks - we couldn't leave! The bungalows are beautiful and aside anything else you'll find, we loved the outdoor bathrooms and the feeling of not living in a small 'mini-house-western-style' with aircon and such. The birds, flowers as well of the setting is absolutely fantastic.
When all these nice things are said, the best thing is definately the three guys running this place, I've never been treated with more kindness and coolness than here - thank you guys for a great experience (your margarithas are fab!), we were truly sorry to leave! Hopefully I'll be back with my boyfriend and his family this christmas:)
Hope you are all well - best regards Anna from Denmark.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank annafromcopenhagen
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

this place is definitely a bit rough and ready. great spot off the main road, very nice (if rocky) beach and great service from Kun, Lap and the others.
this was our first stop after a week in Bangkok and sitting in the lounge area, watching the sea and drinking a cold chang beer was a blissfully relaxing change from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
the rooms are basic but fairly comfortable- well apart from the mossies (my husband was bitten 27 times on his back one night :o( ) and the lack of air conditioning (which did become a bit of a pain after 4 days). the beach bars are certainly noisy and earplugs didn't make much difference at night. still, if you want chilled out (practically horizontal) staff on an easygoing clean beach and don't mind rooms not being cleaned during your stay- this place is great.
the sunsets were the best we saw in Thailand, the fish specials are highly recommended and if you can bag a hammock (gobsmacked to see some people reserving them with their towels- not cool!), and chill under the trees.... wish I was back there now.
highly recommended.

Room Tip: we had barracuda- nice sea view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vexed77
Bořislav
Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a lovely place, everything you need you will find here, The Fisherman cottage is cosy, relaxed, clean and very classy place to stay on Koh Lanta...the huts are located in beautifull greenery, the open air bathroom in the bungalow was something from what we were really amazed ... well done and thank You !!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit in two years to Fisherman's and I'm pleased to say it hasn't changed at all. Kun recognised us as soon as we walked in, despite our last visit being over two years ago, but he greeted us like old friends!

The bungalows are beautiful, comfortable and spotlessly clean.

The food is awesome - esp my favourite, papaya salad with shrimp, simply delicious, nothing on the menu disappoints.

The best thing about staying at Fisherman's though is the team - Kun and 'the boys' (Lap and Pon) go out of their way to help, chat, laugh and chill with you and generally make sure you're having a fantastic time.

We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our third stay at Fisherman's Cottage in 6 years!! Well looked after by Kun and the Boys with no problems!! Great place to stay and be chilled ..... beautiful room ... delicious food ..... still the best on Lanta .... okaaaay!! Mish & Dufs

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends