“Love the bungalows”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Fisherman's Cottage
Ranked #10 of 232 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Fishermans Cottage for four nights. We loved our bungalow and especially the outdoor bathroom! The room was very clean and the bed was one of the comfiest we've had so far. There were quite a few Mosquitos but we just kept the fan on and there was a good net over the bed.

The restaurant was great. Make sure you try the fishermans shake. We tried a few other places and nothing compared to this one. The other good one we found along the southern end of long beach on the main road was called Ta Tha Ta, it's across from the French bakery. It's easiest just to rent a scooter from Fishermans and go an explore Koh Lanta. The beaches in the south are much nicer. You can only swim at the beach out front at high tide.

The staff were really nice and would come and talk to you about your day at the meals and recommend places to go, which I liked. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Was a good place to stay
At 1000baht/night most expensive we have had in Thailand, not the perfect beach but nice. The rooms re great, concrete keeps them nice and cool, nice bed and pillows, bathroom was just fantastic. Staff vey friendly and make a point of coming around
Your tables in the evening to make sure you are happy and ask about your day. They even learn your name first day in. Food is just Devine here, must try the FISHERMANS SHAKE it Is exceptional!
Great music at night but by no means noisy, bet 4 nights sleep in monts had here, very quiet given what we expected.

If in Koh Lanta must try Ta Tha Ta about 5mins by scooter from fishermans towards main town on the left, fantastic food and value and the potassium power shake is just great!

Overall, quite expensive, average beach, nice island, great food and very helpful and honest (the bill is left on the counter so you can read and question it at any time)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed there a couple of years ago. It's an amazing place to relax and unwind, very quite. lovely decorated bungalows, beautiful outdoor shower. The owners are very friendly. The only thing I would love to have there is hot shower. Hope they'll arrange it. Anyway highly recommended!

Room Tip: all rooms are fab! take any and enjoy!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say about this place. It's pretty much spot on.

I spent 4 nights here and had to force myself to leave. I stayed in number one which is basically on the beach almost. I had to book months in advance to get that room and I can see why.

One nice surprise I had while staying here was the food. The food was fantastic to the point I basically ate here for the duration of my stay and convicted friends to come for a meal one night too.

The guys that run the place are a really friendly bunch and this place definitely has that laid back vibe. "Ok, No worry" as Pon always says.

If your a couple looking for a retreat or a traveller looking for the perfect beach stay then this is the place!

The facilities are basic though and the decor is simple. But it's very rustic and very clean. If you want the Sheraton then stay there instead because this isn't it. This is better!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My second time at Fisherman's. Staff always friendly and helpful, food pretty good, music selection good, bungalows nice (half open-air toilet/shower facilities, "like a national park", someone said fittingly), and the garden is just super-beautiful.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After reading all the good reviews about Fishermans Cottage we booked 6 days for 2 persons. And we did not regret that. When it happend that we where 3 persons instead, they did everything to book us into a bigger cottage. It was like coming home. The very friendly Kun,Lap and Pon made us very welcome from the first minute. We stayed 3 persons in nr.6 Whale. Stylish cottage with good beds and a very nice semi-open bath room. You can look up into the palmthrees when you shower. The restaurant is one of the best and serves excellent food. The beach is also very nice and quite with few people. A lot of nice bars and nice massage places.
We will for sure come back and stay at Fishermans Cottage.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed four nights in one of the ten bungalows at Fisherman's Cottage, and I could easily had stayed longer. This place has personality, and I loved the place! It has a cozy garden, very friendly staff and a great restaurant. The bungalows are made of concrete, simple, but functional and clean. I really liked the semi-outdoor bathroom and shower.

Fisherman's Cottage is situated beautifully at the relaxed and not so crowded Klong Khong beach. There are a number of bars along the beach and some of them stay open and play music late. Regarding the beach itself, you'll have to take a short walk along the beach if you want to go for a swim in the afternoon, when the tide is low. I didn't think this was a problem, though. It's really beautiful to sit down with a snack or a Singa in the late afternoon and just wait for the sun to set. You can be sure to have company, both from the other guests and from the friendly staff who willingly sit down for a chat when they can.

This was my first visit to Thailand and Koh Lanta, and I choose Fisherman's Cottage on the recommendations on Trip Advisor. Even though you can't check availability online, it was easy to get in contact with them on their own web site.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo