Lowest prices for your stay
$48
Hotels.com
$48
FindHotel
$40
Priceline$53
Travelocity$48
ZenHotels.com$100
All reviews emerald suites pool access scandinavian families swim up room pool bar breakfast buffet is western food pools beach resort saladan tiles sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you like to se the sunset from a perfect view, Cha-Da offers the best spot on the beach. Right in front of you, just relax on the beach and watch the spectacular sunset. The only thing between you and the sun is one big ocean. The hotel it self is nice and offers good food. The prices in restaurant is normal. Beware of the pool access rooms, like silver, gold and platinum. They have a lot of air-conditions located outside the door. We experience a lot of noise from them and was moved to bungalows closer to the main pool and the beach. Emerald suites is the one to ask for.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mathiasc109
Reviewed September 12, 2012

no General manager at all General manager not in the hotel all the time . only one thai woman manager she dont know any thing about the hotel & staf . boll very derty no thing work at the hotel it is only 2 stars
my Telephone was stolen in front of eyes by a staff of the hotel from terrace room and running,
i talk to manager she lit the person whom stole my phone go in holiday and she say to me do wjat you want or go police the hotel can not help .

Room tip: very bad Rooms
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amraboellil
Reviewed August 31, 2012

After reading lots of the negative feedback regarding this resort, before we went my husband and I were a bit apprehensive in visiting here, but I can only comment on our own experience of the holiday. We have just arrived back after spending 9 days there and have nothing but praise for the manageress Anong Lertdilok and her hard working staff. It had taken us 26 hours to get to the resort, after spending hours on end waiting for connections at airports and was very tired. Our bags were taken straight off the mini bus and loaded onto a golf buggy and we were shown to the reception area, we were immediately welcomed with a very warm greeting and a huge smile from Anong, she told us to sit down and she would tell us about the resort. A refreshing drink was brought to us with cold towels, which were very appreciated after the long journey. After explaining to us times of pool, restaurant times etc we were taken to our gold suite, which I have to say was stunning. To have a lagoon pool just outside our room was heavenly. The restaurant was still open, as it closes at 10pm, so we went for our first meal. We were half board, so breakfast and evening meals were supplied, but its a set menu, which was fine, there was lots to choose from and a good variety. When the food was delivered we were very pleased with what we had ordered and ate it quickly as we were tired and wanted to unpack and get some sleep. We went to breakfast at 7am and was given another set menu but I have to say there was lots to choose from, western food as well as asian.
Before we went we knew it was low season, so knew what to expect and whilst there experienced lots and lots of rain, power failures (which were rectified almost immediately) and barely any guests. It seemed that most of the guests were put together on the same block of suites. The pool bar was open daily from 10am and on the days the sun shone, was lovely just to go and have couple cocktails and chat to the staff.
We found every member of the staff warm and friendly, my husband would go and chat to the reception staff every day for long lengths of time, and we have to say that one person in particular, who we had previously read negative comments about, is a very friendly, helpful, professional and hes got a great sense of humour, His name is Pond and my husband built up a very good relationship with him and in fact we had a leaving present off him. Along, the manageress works very long hours but always has a smile for everyone, she was particularly helpful the one day when the wifi was playing up and I cannot thank her enough. Her english was exceptional so anything we enquired about was dealt with immediately and I mean immediately. We would also like to say the staff in the restaurant were fantastic, Konnoy, Khuntalong, Khengrang, Sinsiri, Hlonji, Yaprong looked after us very well. The food is delicious and always beautifully presented, but we found the meals too big so after a few days asked if we could have smaller portions, they really are very generous with their portions. We went for dinner one evening and the rain was really heavy, when we came outside after eating, Konnoy had been over and got a golf buggy for us, and drove us back, so we would stay dry, I thought that was a really lovely gesture, not many would do that!
The resort is beautiful and because it was low season, with not many guests, it was a good opportunity for maintenance work and deep cleaning to be done, which did not affect us in anyway at all. The pools were cleaned daily, the grounds were immaculately looked after. The maids came in daily, we were not disturbed once by them, we used the do not disturb sign a couple of times, but as soon as this was removed and we went out for hour or so the room was cleaned and beds changed. I have to say every member of staff from manageress to pool attendants greeted us with a bow and a smile, thats why I find it very hard reading some of the negative reviews, it just seems that the people we met are different people!
The beach is only yards away from the beach pool, it was very quiet and you could go down there for couple hours and not see one person, but the sea was lovely and warm.
We went down to Santidan a couple of times, its a small fishing town and very quiet at this time of year, but theres enough there to supply you with everything you need, or want to do. My husband and I normally go on holidays and do lots of trips but I have to say that there wasn't really an awful lot to do, apart from sunbathe (when it wasnt raining) go to the beach, visit Santindan, I think one would say its a relaxing holiday, a get away from it all sort of holiday, and if you like that sort of thing it is ideal.
So overall, I would say, from our experience, it has been a relaxing, enjoyable holiday and now I can say we we are refreshed and ready to go back to work. I wan to thank Along and her staff (especially Pond) for making this holiday a very enjoyable one.

Room tip: Would recommend the Gold Suite, not many hotels has a pool right outside their patio doors, stunning, just stunning
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gaynor91
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We drove from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia to Koh Lanta with 2 children age 3 and 6, and 2 aged parents n one of them just recovered from stroke. We booked hotels under search for Krabi. After we booked Chada beach n spa resort base on the nice picture provided, only realized it is not Krabi but island south of Krabi . Driving 6 hr n 2 ferries trip plus waiting of 1 hr , total 6-7hr from Hat Yai. Anyway we decided to just give it a try since it was recommended for family.

We were impressed by the garden with nice tropical plants n design, althought my children got a few bits from mosquito but we think it was acceptable in exchange for greenery. The room were authentic n my children enjoyed the pool with a runway. The breakfast was fantastic.

The carpark is small maybe they don't expect tourist with car. The extra bed is not comfortable as it is converted from sofe bed which is already there in the room by just adding a bed sheet over it with pillow n cost 1000 baht. However I think service can be better. Stuff should be more friendly as they play as role of host. They hardly smile or greet.... I thought is it the culture or the shy nature of the native? may be more costumer service trainning needed.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Lee Y
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here at the start of August and from the moment of check in the service was terrible..

After an early morning flight from Singapore and a four hour bus trip from Krabi airport to koh lanta, we were told that breakfast was not included during our stay, this is an issue im currently taking up with Expedia as we definentely booked breakfast however none of our vouchers state the inclusion. The way reception handled this issue was disgraceful, the man on reception did not believe a word we were saying and made out as if we were lying. Instead of saying it's ok we will sort out, they questioned and probed us to the point we had to access my hotmail account in their office to prove, whilst he watched over us.

To add to this security staff at the front gate were very rude and not friendly at all. Everytime we came thru the gate or left they would always stare and try to intimidate both myself and my partner. A smile can go a long way!

We were also woken by house keeping every morning during our 8 night stay at 7.30am yelling and screaming, banging on people's door "house keeping"... Would be nice to have a sleep in at least one morning, not what you need on a holiday!

Beware when drinking anything from the pool bar as on the receipt you sign at point of purchase they include service fees and tax, then at check out they charge you these fees again. We were not the only guests with this issue, people we met at the resort also had the same issue. And another couple were charged for a kit Kat they didn't eat!

On a positive note our pool access room was beautiful and spacious, the resort grounds were immaculate and definentely worthy of the 5* rating. However the staff are a massive let down and would prevent either of us from staying here ever again.

3  Thank Katenthomas