We booked a couple of weeks stay in the Twin Lotus resort after seeing the hotels web site. We could not find any negative reviews on the web so though the place must be ok.
We could not be more wrong! Our transfer arranged by the hotel was a plus point and the taxi met us promptly at the airport and took us to the pier for a 20 minute speed boat trip to the resort. Here is were it all went down hill, as we stepped out of the speed boat we thought it could not be the same place shown on their web site. To say it was in need of redecorating was an understatement, it looked like the tsunami had occurred yesterday.
We were taken to our villa where we checked in and had a chat deciding to make the best of it and that it was not all bad! It did not last long, during dinner in which the food was not that bad I went to use the nearby toilets. If I was on a construction site I would have expected to see toilets like these but even in a 1 star hotel I would of been surprised. There had been no attempt to decorate, no soap and toilet roll littered the floor. Still they were in a better state than the reception toilets on both occasion I used them. The final time being when someone had left a present behind that would not flush away, together with the general untidiness and the lack of soap, I went back to the room.
Lunch the next day put us off eating at the hotel for a while, when my Thai salad had an unexpected ingredient, a bug of some kind was clearly visible. The only other time we ate at the hotel was after a diving trip when we were both tired we decided to order room service. Now the staff are generally friendly and very helpful but when I attempted to ordered room service and after 5 minutes in complete despair handed the phone over to my wife because I could not speak enough Thai, nor the girl enough English. My wife struggled for a while before phoning reception who sent someone to take our order, an hour later we had room service. Unfortunately it did not end there as we both felt pretty rough the next day. That was the last time we would eat anything other than breakfast at the hotel.
The final incident for me was discovering a cockroach in our villa when using the toilet one night.
On a positive note the staff do try to help, and breakfast is ok if you avoid the yoghurt that is sitting around unrefridgerated.
I hope this review prevents other travellers being taken in by their web site. We were scheduled to stay here for two weeks but are planning to leave after 5 days. It is a big financial loss but at least we can salvage something from this holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Twin Lotus Resort, Koh Lanta is re-opening its doors in late 2012 after a full renovation and the addition of newly constructed Villas and facilities. Situated on 12 acres of gardens and a 3-kilometer white-sand beach, new facilities include a brand new Spa & Wellness Center as well as Beachfront Bar & Restaurant. Villas are located on the beachfront, as well as in the gardens and overlooking the canal that runs through the property. Please note that according to resort policy, Twin Lotus welcomes guests aged 18 and over only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Twin Lotus Resort & Spa by Burasari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twin Lotus Resort And Spa
- Twin Lotus Hotel Ko Lanta
- Twin Lotus Ko Lanta