3 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$124
ZenHotels.com$84
Trip.com$72
1,211 results
All reviews garden villa infinity pool free upgrade beautiful beach sala dan general manager thai massage thai food during low season resort thailand saladan lanta sunset ko scooter ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Excellent rebuilt hotel with very friendly staff. We went there as it was not far from out first hotel and were positively surprised by the location, the staff and the room. This comment is only based on the villa (bungalow) as it is what we wanted. As they are finishing some facilities (spa and sport area) they are doing good offer and as we have taken 3 rooms at once they even upgraded us to sea view villa. The villas are amazing, very spacious and very well equipped. However, they will have to quickly finished the beach to balanced the overall nber of rooms with the capacity of the swimming pool.

Date of stay: January 2013
4  Thank Tirom250
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This property is under extreme renovations right now. When they are finished the hotel will be fantastic. I would say that it is a 3 star hotel with the potential to be a 5 star. We were first checked into a new room that was fantastic. The problem was that we were backing onto a local street. It just wasn't what I was looking for - hearing traffic all night, dogs barking. There was a security guard at the bottom of the stairs. I didn't feel safe. We asked for a different room and got a free upgrade to a garden villa - amazing. Many people are asking to change rooms or have to wait HOURS for there room while its being assembled. And I do mean assemble - putting the bed together and all the furniture in the room.
At times you will hear construction while enjoying the pool. I couldn't hear any construction while in my room thankfully.
The spa is not open.
The portion sizes at the restaurant are small.
The hotel is accommodating and apologetic. The hotel is a great place to stay just be aware of the construction. In 6 months to a year and certain everything will be sorted. Taking the construction into account the prices are high, unless you get a free upgrade to a garden villa!

Room tip: Just be prepared for construction or waiting around for 2-5 hours for a decent room.
Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank Vanessa P
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked two nights here through Agoda.com after a long and stressful journey you can imagine our upset upon find the hotel not even open and basically one large construction site.

We did not stay here in the end as it would have been impossible, be very wary of booking this place until it is certain that it is open again!

The only positive I can say is that the manager did help us find alternative accommodation nearby, but this should NEVER of happened in the first place!

Shambles.

Room tip: Check the hotel is actually not still under construction!!!
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank tacohound
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We stayed in Thailand for two weeks and loved it, an amazing place to visit. The other hotels we stayed in were fantastic. The President Palace in Bangkok, The Houben on Koh Lanta, Phi Phi Island Village Resort, Silom Centre Point Bangkok and the Phra Nang on Koh Lanta - all great hotels, well maintained facilities and lovely staff, all worth a visit. When we arrived at The Twin Lotus, we were shocked at how run down and dilapidated the grounds, rooms and pools were. The restaurant has a limited and extremely overpriced menu. The website in no way reflects the property. Our room was old and dirty (see photos) and the area unsafe - on seeing the flimsy lock on the back door of the room we decided to leave straight away. We booked the Phra Nang on the internet, based on other travellers' recommendations on tripadvisor, and left straight away. We are glad we did, to stay at the Twin Lotus would have ruined an otherwise wonderful holiday. The taxi driver arranged via the Concierge overcharged us by 400 Baht (double the price) to go to the Phra Nang. We have been waiting for a refund from the Twin Lotus since February, unfortunately the hotel has refused to refund even one of the 6 nights we had prepaid. Although the rest of the island's hotel were full, it is telling that the Twin Lotus still had rooms to sell. I will be back to Thailand but I would rather sleep on the beach than pay for this awful hotel.

Date of stay: February 2010
3  Thank BerlinDublin
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We booked 2 nights over the internet while travelling in Thailiand. The sea side is nothing special. The resort seems abandoned. It is not central. The food at the restaurant was not eatable and I left it in my plate and they seemed to be used to that and did not ask me if anything was wrong with it and or if I wanted something else instead. It is really expensive for what you get, the standard room is old and the bathroom shower was giving me the electro shock. I definitely do not recommand this resort, it was the only bad place where we have been in Thailand!

Date of stay: March 2010