“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We only stayed for one night but compared to a nearby hotel we had the the night before(for the same price) Rawi warin was a definite upgrade! Clean facilities and room. Very nice toilet w great water pressure! Beautiful beach w cheap and good massage on the beach itself. Breathtaking view from our ocean view deluxe room however had to climb many many steps to go up :( it says third floor but is actually up 6-7 flights of steps. Staff v friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also v nice w many food choices unlike the few other hotels we stayed at before. Wish we had stayed longer.....

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing many steps up ocean view offers a v nice view. If not opt for beachfr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights over Christmas. The staff are friendly, but the service is very slow, especially around the pool. The rooms and gardens are lovely, and the ozone pool very pleasant. Room service food was good. Drinks very expensive. We didn't eat in the evenings apart from the Christmas Eve 'Gala' dinner which was 2,400 THB per adult and 1,200 THB for children. It was a compulsory meal, but was not worth the cost. It was fine, but restaurants further down the beach (around Rickeys) are 100THB by tuk tuk and more authentic food for a fraction of the cost and with a lovely view of the sunset thrown in! Wines at the hotel are readily available but from around 1,700 THB to 15,000 THB a bottle!

Overall we had a good time, but the service and prices let this hotel down.

Tips for the hotel: Renew your pool towels, put nuts, crisps and chocolate in the room. Maybe stock the mini bar with spirits rather than just beer and soft drinks. Invest in better hairdryers ..... ours overheated and cut out in 10 seconds so we stopped trying to use it. Put on more staff around the pool bar and train them!!!!

Room Tip: As the hotel is built into a hill, the accommodation at the top (by reception) have a steep walk dow...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheLodgeGuestHouse
Reviewed December 30, 2013

excellent place. loved d ambience and service. property is amazing.
very well maintained. superb place to be. just very far off from the airport but very peaceful place
the oceanic pool is excellent on their private beach
big market also just 25 mins drive from resort. good place to shop

• Stayed December 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 30, 2013

To start, this is not a 5 star hotel, not only because of the service, but as well because of the actual infrastructure. The price the hotel charges per night is not worth the value of your stay.

I am currently staying at the Rawi Warin in Koh Lanta and after waiting more than 30 minutes to speak with the manager of the hotel and not being allowed to express my feelings directly with the any of the responsible staff, either by speaking or writing, I am using for the first time the trip advisor review.

The reason why I wanted to speak with the manager is because the hotel is charging 5200 baht for a new years eve party per person, that does not include any drinks. By any drink I mean, no wine, champaign, soft drinks, etc. No drinks at all. The only thing included is the dinner, the local artist and a bottle of water. 5200 baht is 160 swiss francs. Me and my wife went for dinner in the most expensive restaurant in Bangkok and with cocktails, wine and other drinks we paid 133 swiss francs for the two of us, whilst tomorrow we are paying 320 swiss francs without any drinks included. The reason why I say this is a scam is because the prices they are applying here are not acceptable when compared with other fares applied all over the country, and most important of all, it is compulsory, even if you do not attend the party, you will be charged the total amount at the end of your stay. We have been in Thailand for 1 week and we spent almost the same amount they are charging us for the dinner (without counting the hotel fees) in the overall. What should be a service and a party provided to the guests to entertain them turned out to be a good opportunity for the hotel to earn extra money by exploiting its guests.

I am still waiting to speak with the manager that was to busy to receive me, so I hope after he reads this post, maybe he will be available to listen to what I have to say.

Additionally, my bed has stains, the shower gel, soap for the hands and shampoo were not renewed, the towels from the pool and the bathrooms look like they are 20 years old, etc.....

I am not going to advise anyone not to book their stay here, everyone is free to make their choice, but I hope my post helps people not to feel scammed the way I felt the next time they are booking this hotel for the new year's eve. I hope my post also helps the future guests to experience a better value for the money they are paying. I have been to many 5 star hotels around the world and was never treated in such way....specially in the festive season!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank pedropresa
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were looking for a place with a little bit more luxury towards the end of our trip, so we knew what we were getting into. We had found a cheaper price online rather than having just walked in, so they were able to match the price.

We asked for a lower level room, because we had heard/read about the walks and distances, and I couldn't walk that far at this stage of the trip, so we got one on the lower level - still, with lovely views. The room we got was clean (unlike some of the other reviews!) and was also cleaned well. I guess we were lucky?

The majority of the service staff were from the Philippines and told us they were there for training as part of their course, which was fine. They were very helpful and nice to us.

The breakfast was really nice, wide selection of fruits (I ate most of the pomelos - sorry!!) and they always accommodated us showing up near the end of the time :)

The O2 pool was lovely. We didn't use the beach much since it was raining. The Spa was SOOO expensive that we didn't even venture there and found the nice little massage hut on the left of the beach (when looking out to the sea).

The taxi/tour guy outside of the main entrance - Adam - was very helpful in doing a half day drive around the island, and then again waking up early to get us to the boat in time. Next to his place there was a laundry and they did all of our stuff pretty quickly and very fair prices.

We tried dinner one night at the resort - it was pricey - but decent service by most of the staff. I had asked for the scallop & pomelo salad, and got shrimps instead... The server looked unhappy with me when I corrected him, and he begrudgingly took it back. Then plonked the updated dish once it was done. We didn't go back there for dinner, unfortunately.

The gentlemen at the bar were very friendly, and we enjoyed the drinks... Though we were the only ones there... Apparently there is live music coming at some point!

The library/movie room was a nice addition. Since it was raining, we booked the theater (For free!!) and watched a movie there. Nice touch.

Would I stay there again? If I could afford it, yes. The grounds were lovely, and we lucked out with the room... but things inside were expensive for what you were getting. Depends on what you are looking for. We visited a few other hotels that were cheaper but looked that way. We liked being able to enjoy the experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kouklata
rawiwarinkrabi, Manager at Rawi Warin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Rawi Warin Resort & Spa as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Koh Lanta and for taking the time to write your feedback.

Your appreciation of the detail services and facilities will help us improve the services we would like to offer.

With all the compliments of the season.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 2 nights and it could not have been better. The hotel just finished some renovations so our room was in brand new condition. The bed was one on the best beds we had in a long time and everything was clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
rawiwarinkrabi, Manager at Rawi Warin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Your appreciation of the services and facilities we offer is greatly appreciated.
We definitely look forward of welcoming you back soon.

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

My partner and i booked a deluxe room online for 4 night. The pictures online show beautiful bedrooms with amazing views.
We were shown to a room with a view of somebody else's noisy aircon with a road in front with all the staff driving past 24/7. Not exactly what you have in mind for Thailand at $170/night. Not only that, but the room was dirty. There were blood stains on the bed, the slippers were used and the towels were also stained.

We complained and they 'suddenly' had a better room available with at least a partial sea view. This room was at least clean so we decided to stay here.

In our new room our shower wasn't working, the fridge sounded like somebody had started a diesel engine.

Walking through the resort our dissapointment continued. Their supposed 'sea-swimming pool' which is the main picture on their website was no longer there. Furthermore, their pool 'closes' at 7pm and they have no entertainment /bar / restaurant on the beach at all. We ended up going next door to get an authentic thai beach cuisine experience.

There is no swimming beach. The 'spa' charges 1000+ Baht for a basic massage, whilst you can get it on the beach for 350. The rooms are high up on a hill and you're exhausted when you reach the room.

The cherry on the cake came at 5am, when, and nobody tells you this in the brochures, Rawi Warin is built directly next to a mosque, so at 5am there are speakers the size of houses that go off with prayer...

I complained and the manager was very friendly and help us to refund the rest of our money. However, staying here just for 1 night could have spoiled our holiday.

Avoid at all costs as you will regret it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Alex F
rawiwarinkrabi, Manager at Rawi Warin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback following your recent stay at the Rawi Warin resort and Spa. We are extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and take very seriously your comments.
I will not search to find excuses for an experience where we were fully responsible. As the Resort Manager of this property, I take full responsibility for it and will present once again my sincere apologies.
This is not the way I would like Rawi Warin Resort and Spa to be perceived and your letter indicate, the enormous task in front of me to raise the standards of rooms inspection.

Yours sincerely,