“Speedboat Arrival a Must !!”

Rawi Warin Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Solihull
“Speedboat Arrival a Must !!”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

It takes a long time to get there! We stayed in Bangkok for 2 nights after our flight from the UK. Then the trip to Ko lanta is easy at first on the plane but then a 2 to 4 hour drive to the resort on 2 ferries and if you miss the ferries you have to wait ! Suggest the Speedboat arrival & departure which is not only cool but quicker!
Once youre there its peaceful, great with families incl the activities. Food locally is cheaper and much fresher, hire a car and visit the local restaurants. This is a 1 hit holiday, in 2 weeks you will do everything and visit every where on the island. The hotel is laid back and breakfast on the terrace restaurant is heaven. The villa rooms with pools are fantastic, although the climb of 70 steps will keep you fit. Langham are a great organisation and here at the far reaches of the globe they have maintained their influenece.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — distance from airport
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Strettons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, England, Great Britain.
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This is a fantastic hotel in a great location.

Stayed in the Langham for 10 nights in Feb 08 and has a great stay!

The hotel has all the amenities you'd expect - good rooms, well equipped (although we stayed at the top of the hill and you have to be pretty fit to get up and down)! Pools are fantastic. Beach isn't the best on the island but take the trip over the stream and there is a nice stretch of beach, bars and restaurants.

The language barrier was problematic on a few occasions (you would ask for something, be told yes and receive a smile and still be stood around 30 mins later.......)!

Breakfast great and all you could ever eat!

Only grumble was that we booked the evening sailing trip - I asked if it included drinks and we were told yes (by the restaurant manager). I ordered a G&T when we got onto the boat. 30 mins later I'm still waiting.... only to be told no spirits on board. So I ordered a glass of wine...... the food was very slow coming and stone cold when it did arrive. At the end of the trip we were presented with a massive bill for everyone's drinks on board! The management needs to be clear on what is / isn't included on these type of excursions! Also stayed one night for the buffet when i had enquired about the price i was told it was $x only to get a much higher bill at the end of the night. So some improvement need here.

On the whole this is a great hotel and good value for money. We visited the other 5 stars while on the island and they really aren't worth all the extra cash!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hopwoodc
london
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed at Langham after Layana resort. Langham is very big resort with most of the rooms over the hill. The deluxe rooms on the hill are more 3 star. We were upgraded to Pond Villa, they are very nice and spacous with TV, DVD, nice bathroom. I loved the slippers - Langham. It is strange because half of the things in the resort are branded Rawi Warin ( the old owner) and the rest langham. Everything with the brand Langham is great, Rawi Warin not so. The restaurants are good and not very pricey. Just outside the resort on the left there is lovely bakery and cocktail bar Mojo ( part of the hotel ). They charge THB110 for cocktails and the resort 220THB. Also the baker has some great pastries and sandwiches. The drinks at the mini bar are tHB30.00, by the pool 100THB. The gardens are kept nicely and the resort has even a cinema. We were in the low season, not more then 20 people. After Layana, Langham is my second choice on Koh Lanta. hey have some great offers during low season, directly on their web including transfers or check with Thai Airways, Singapore airlines, Qatar Airways, Qantas frequent flyer programs.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank moschino24_98
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I haven't had this much fun at a beach resort in a long time. A group of friends and I decided to get away for a few days in April in Thailand. We decided that Koh Lanta would be a great choice. We wanted the nature and beauty of Thailand without the commercialism of a Phuket or the other well developed areas.

In the end we stayed at the Langham Place for Thailand's New Years eve. It was a blast. I have never seen so many people enjoying a water fight. It was a very playful time with events lasting for three days. The resort thew a huge party around the ponds on NYE night. We had a blast.

The highlight for the evening was the paper lanterns that we launched into the sky. It was a great memory maker.

• Liked — The delicious Thai food and drinks
  • Disliked — I like everything.
2 Thank hk_me
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Five friends and I stayed at the Langham Place in Koh Lanta during May 2008. We loved it! We stayed on the Buy Me package, which is a phenomenal deal for what all you get. Included in the package is round-trip transportation from Krabi airport (which is about 2-3 hours away depending on how the ferries run), a delicious gourmet breakfast that featured items from crispy bacon to smoked duck to fresh fruit smoothies, and the most amazing pool I've ever seen.

As soon as you enter the facility, you know you are in a 5-star hotel. The staff greet you warmly and provide a very tasty shake and cold towel, a plus for the hot days in Koh Lanta. The hotel has a great layout with all of the restaurants and facilities in a central location with the rooms dispersed throughout the property.

The rooms are spacious with large balconies and sweeping vistas of the beach and surrounding area. The bathrooms are great with rainshower heads and nice soaking tubs next to windows. There is ample storage and high ceilings.

This hotel features some unique features such as a movie theater room you can book, an audiophile room which is basically a room with great speakers to listen to music, and three pools. There is a nice lap pool, a pool for the rooms in the higher areas of the hotel, and the beachside infinity edge pool. This pool is huge with a large sitting area, water slide, and infinity edge that stretches the entire length of the pool onto the beachside horizon. We also liked the tennis courts and the bikes available to use to traverse the resort property.

The staff at the hotel will do anything to help and make your stay good. We loved Auntie Mae's sandwich shop and Mojo's Sports bar. We ate at the pricier Watermark one night and had poor service with ok food.

My only other complaint about this property would be the disparity in drink prices. You can order Cokes in your room for 20 baht, in the sandwich shop or sports bar for 40 baht, or poolside for 100 baht. This also goes for cocktails: sports bar-110 baht, poolside 220 baht. I understand convenience of poolside, but its ridiculous to charge 2x-5x the price of something in another part of the hotel. Also, I recommend buying sunscreen or any other incidentals at stores across the street since the resort shops can be pricey.

Overall, a very nice resort experience. We'd definitely go back!

• Liked — The staff and main pool
  • Disliked — Price disparity of drinks
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank RamblinJacket
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed May 9, 2008

Our trip to the Langham in Koh Lanta was absolutely amazing! The hotel was beautiful and in the perfect location. The trip from the airport to the hotel did take a while, but was worth it once we arrived at the hotel. Our room was very large and had the nicest amenities, with wood floors and an amazing shower!! And the bed was quite comfortable.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly, and there was always someone around to help you or just offer a smile. Thailand definitely earned the nickname of "Land of Smiles".

The food was really good too. The breakfast was nice because there was so much to choose from, so there was something for everyone. We also visited the hotel bar, where i definitely recommend the Thai Red Bull Kamakazi :)

I will definitely be returning to the hotel on my next trip to Thailand!

A note for travelers from the United States: the electrical outlets at the hotel didn't even need adapters. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to use my blowdryer, but it worked out perfectly.

• Liked — The Chuan Spa!
1 Thank lovefromca
Hong Kong
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I have just returned from a week at the Langham Place Eco Resort + Spa Rawi Warin. The resort is good and I have never experienced such great time before. I could feel a relaxing sense when I step into Langham Place.

I stayed in a deluxe room which is spacious and have a great view. I could see a blue sky and the long beach from my room and listen to the birds singing ever morning.

Restaurants are great and we dined there for many times especially the Thai food there which is fabulous. Staffs are exceptional good in Chuan Spa and I have been visited them for three times in my holidays.
Overall I would say this is probably the best resort! Perhaps not the most convenient if all you don't want to do is traveling long time, but if you want to have a "real" rest and relax that this is a must.

• Liked — Spacious, comfort & high quality of cleanliness