“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the time we arrived at the hotel we felt very welcome and well attended too. The staff are very friendly and most helpful in all aspects of service.
The bungalow on the hill were very clean and well presented, the pool always welcoming with fresh towels and attended by staff who were more than happy to assist with any request.
The buffet breakfast had a wide variety of food and drinks each day and were always happy to make up any request for you.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher bungalow on the side of the hill are very private if you require a little more privacy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My shortest stay EVER……….@ Rawi Warin resort & spa
The Resort seem to be wary idyllic and very centric in location and as of the professional picture do show it
But for me this was a getaway which started the whole down fall
Arriving from the Krabi airport waiting for the shuttle spoke to a couple of the locals I found that the prices for a taxi is 2800 baht 1 way wow shocked that’s a lot but I guess its was the noral price Thai or Farang then my shuttle at this time hasten come yet so I decided to look in to rental car
Cheap….. love it Hertz you always have a friend there
1200 baht a day including full insurance but I had decided to be a little adventures on my getaway and see how all was in this small island
The ride included to small ferry trips nothing special but esey to navigate with signs posting all the way down
Final arriving to the resort near missed it the signage wasn’t easy to see

Pulling up to the front of the building and getting out No porter No doorman and No welcome so proceeding inside to the open lobby and greeting by a local in uniform but no English

I told him very slowly I had made a reservation with the Bangkok office all was confirmed had conformation on my cell phone from this point so I expected a smooth check in Wrong……….
They did not know about my reservation I asked to speak to a manger It took a little time for to arrive I thought somebody who can make sure all was well.

I was escorted by A Philippine Lady I think maybe a exchange program welcome to ASEAN.. spoke English and very friendly straight out from Thai friendliness told me about the dining options etc etc thumps up I was looking forward to my 5 day stay

Coming to my room checked the view was nice overseeing the ocean from the balcony

The room was very dated and not a home fell to it.. the television monitor was something taking out from the 80s MTV concert big clumsy and not really seeing the interior making any sense

I turned on the Air con and there was a strong odor of very moldy smell I open the door and thought it was only just for awhile but I was wrong aging then processed to call the front desk they send a housekeeping in to insure all was well they wanted to spray but I told her the coils was dirty and needed to clean the looked and confirmed

what happen to double check if the room was ready to be used by another guest but the check mark didn’t Apply I guess…….?

after speaking to the Intern from the Philippines who understood the situation to a swift draft and called the front office and had me move to 2 floors above me so 5 floor up and no elevator wow no need for the Gym on my stay I guess

I came to that room for intention turn on the Air con before starting unpacking the same problem very musty smell the young lady apologized and said to me all other room was full I said full this is low season she told me they were out for maintained I guess my room should have been on that list I told her I had reservation for 5 days which she understood but there was nothing she could do

I’ve decided to see the manager or GM to express my concern and instance from staff I had a reservation done in advance but room and air con was smelly of mold from air con
I was told the GM was not around and nobody from the Executive committee was there ether to make things worse the manger was a young girl who was put in charge of the room division and had no power or any devise action from her side I asked what she could help me with since they had no more room she couldn’t do anything at all there was no upgrade offered or anything to support this I felt really bad about this flying down from BKK and all was confirmed and a million dollar resort is operated by a young girl who knew she was out of her league and therefore she did not have anything to offer only smelly mold room at the resort nothing was offered not even a sorry only a sad lost face

I asked what she can do about it and her only answer was I’m trying really hard…. trying to do what nothing has being done except no other choices………………………….?

I said please cancel my stay completely and no charge for wasting 2 hours of my time for but I guess it was well spent there I booked on my phone application thanks to trip advisor a room in Krabi for 2 days

A lot of better options thee feel of this hotel and service a roadside Motel in South America a one star

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank hans m
rawiwarinkrabi, Management Team at Rawi Warin Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear valued guest

First of all, on the behalf of Rawi Warin, we would like to apologize for the unpleasant situation you experienced and we are deeply sorry for the service that made you feel unwelcome. During this time, the rooms are under the maintenance session and we accept that the lack of communication among our team cause the problem. The serious evaluation and staff training will be conducted to ensure this kind of situation will not happen again. Thank you for your honest feedback that surely will be taken seriously for improvement. Our sincere apology.

Best Regard
Management Team
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and 2 children stayed at the Rawi Warin last first week of August. The resort is simply serene and nice.

We managed to be picked up by the resort's bus and transferred by boat from Krabi. Although its expensive but this is the best way and convenient way going there. (alternative taxi and boats can be booked separately at a lower price but I doubt the service)

The staff on the reception then picks up your luggage which magically re-appears in your room after you have been welcomed by the wonderful receptionists, cooled down with scented towels and refreshed. Their staff in the movie room and pool were the nicest. Mr. Yas and Gery who became our friends during the stay.

We stayed in a standard room and I highly recommend it. I normally try to stay in a slightly higher quality room if affordable (as it is a treat after all); in this instance that option wasn't available as the next room up was a villa and much more expensive than what we budgeted for.

The standard rooms all have balconies and are very spacious, impeccably clean and very comfortable. Falling asleep to the sound of waves and birds.

Things I can recommend doing at the Rawi Warin:
Snorkelling Trip: I can't remember how expensive this was but it was worth every penny. The whole experience was nice.
Spa: I had a massage and facial at the spa and it was rather lovely. The setting is really unusual as you have a little private hut in the jungle, my therapist was very good and the two hours I spent there were definitely the most relaxing I had.

Rawi Warin restaurant has reasonably priced, brilliant food and cocktails..

One note: if you are a bit of an insect-phobic like me fear not although surrounded by a Jurassic Park style jungle the grounds at the Rawi warin are fumigated regularly so no real big buggers hiding anywhere in the under-growth.

We are planning to go back here this coming December.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Spent 4 nights in Kho Lanta Yai at this resort. As it was the low season there were few guests, we had 3 rooms by the pool which was great. The rooms were spacious with a small deck that looked out over the pool and small beach. The rooms were very clean, bathroom was excellent.The beds were very firm but comfortable. Each room had a beachbag for guests to use, an iron, scales, robes and slippers.
Staff were helpful, however they were hard to find especially around the pool area. Breakfast was reasonable, but the variety not that great until our last day there.
The free wifi was inconsistent and one had to log in each time with the password which was irritating.
Would return to the island as it was an interesting and relaxing place, recommend going to the island but probably would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank trakkydaks
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort for for 4 nights and really enjoyed it.

We decided we needed a break from the hussle and bussle of the city and this place is perfect. Firstly, the island itself is away from all the chaos of mainland Thailand. So if you are looking for no distractions and enjoy exploring on your own, this is the place to go.

The resort itself is failry big and nice to be in. The infinity pool is huge and very nicely looks out to the ocean. The outdoor area is well maintained and you can enjoy soaking up the sun, whether its near the poolside or the beach (private and honestly not the best). Suggest you watch the sunset with drinks one night if you can!
The restaurant serves authentic food (lovely Tom Yum soup and mango salad) for fairly cheap and breakfast has many options to choose from. However, after our first meal (dinner), we turned to the streets for real local cuisine (which of course is far better than the resorts).
We stayed in a deluxe room with a balcony overlooking the resort and onto the sea. Definately more than enough for us, esp. since we were out a fair bit going on tours and getting massages (outside the hotel as it can be pricey).

Overall, the staff are really lovely, the ambience is great and the fact that this hotel is tucked away on the island (and on the higher end), you are really treating yourself!
Can't wait to visit again in the future and take my parents there too!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was super glad I'd pre-checked on trip advisor for previous guests reviews, because when we arrived to find we were 1 of 4 couples staying here, the shock was less than it could have been. The staff were lovely, and the hotel was nice, although it's 41/2 star rating would need to be questioned. Only one restaurant was open during the day, and there was no poolside service. We found at night it was much nicer to walk down to a local restaurant and be the only people there, rather than being the only people at the (rather overpriced) restaurant here. My advice is to skip koh lanta in the low season, unless it is your preference to be all alone in a hotel in a mostly vacated island.

Room Tip: We had one of the standard rooms and it was lovely. Good bathroom with separate bath and shower. Goi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayrshire Scotland
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of June.

It was low season so we more or less had the resort to ourselves, it was immaculate. The grounds are kept very clean and tidy. The pool is amazing. It is ozone friendly and not chlorinated.

We had a pond view room which I would recommend as some of the other rooms are high up and would be a bit of a trek. The room was kept very clean and was lovely.

The food was lovely and reasonably priced for a hotel of this standard. The breakfasts were lovely, good choice and unlimited from the menu.

The staff were all lovely and always willing to help, service was fantastic.

We hired a moped for the duration of our stay from the hotel for 250 bht (£5) for 24 hrs. I would recommend it as it's the best way to see the Island and get around. Roads were wide and quiet so it was very safe compared to other places in Thailand.

Overall if you are unsure whether to spend that little more, go for it it's worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2013