“Nice holiday”

Rawi Warin Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
“Nice holiday”
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I have just returned from a week at the Langham Place Eco Resort + Spa Rawi Warin. The resort is good and I have never experienced such great time before. I could feel a relaxing sense when I step into Langham Place.

I stayed in a deluxe room which is spacious and have a great view. I could see a blue sky and the long beach from my room and listen to the birds singing ever morning.

Restaurants are great and we dined there for many times especially the Thai food there which is fabulous. Staffs are exceptional good in Chuan Spa and I have been visited them for three times in my holidays.
Overall I would say this is probably the best resort! Perhaps not the most convenient if all you don't want to do is traveling long time, but if you want to have a "real" rest and relax that this is a must.

• Liked — Spacious, comfort & high quality of cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed May 2, 2008

A very relaxing luxurious resort in Krabi province, it was a relaxing trip for me and my boyfriend. Although the journey was quite long but once arrived at the resort, it really gave us a sense of relaxation. The calmness and the environment with the Sea View Deluxe Room, spacious and clean, with Wi-Fi internet connection, which really made our vacation a memorable one.

Chuan Spa was my favorite place, we've done spas and massages every other day. Skilled massage therapist really made my whole body ache goes away and fully enjoy every moment of it.

All the staffs in the resort always carry a smile and you can really feel the comfort and enjoyable experience within the resort. All the restaurants food were so tasteful, "Tum Yum Kung" was my favorite soup of each day and also different kind of seafood in Thai way.

Pool area is a must relax place to be, we spent most of our time there by the pool and of course with our favorite drinks!

The overall experience in the resort is very luxurious and made both of us forget the busy life behind and recover with lots of energy within us!

• Liked — spacious room
  • Disliked — ants problem in room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank noelchk
Reviewed April 26, 2008

A very good resort located in Koh Lanta.

Beautiful architecture with relaxing seaview.

Room was spacious. Both shower and bath tub were available.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. We liked the frozen towel and the welcome drink served upon our check-in.

The food was nice and we like the spicy dishes as well as the seafood so much!

We tried the Thai massage in Chuan's Spa and it really relieved our tiredness.

Even though it took some times to get to the resort but they just took care of all the transportation for us.

I would revisit this resort and would also recommend it to anyone looking for sunshine, beach activities and refreshment.

• Liked — Service, Food & Scene
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 8, 2008

We stayed there for a few nights and we loved the setting, was quite stunning. But you can tell that Langham has only taken over the property a few months ago as the standard is not up to Langham yet. This means, it's for example a real mission to get them to book you a day tour or help with general queries as their english is very bad. But they are still lovely peole of course and i can't expect them to be fluent in english but maybe the basics would be good.
However, I would probably still go back as there is great potential and it's a lovely place. The pool is stunning, the rooms huge with great views and staff is very friendly.
I wouldn't eat at the restaurant again as food was totally overpriced and we didnt like it. 20m left on the beach is a backpacker style hotel and they have amazing food for normal thai prices. And the beer is cheap!!
Oh, the best thing about the resort - they service the room twice a day.
So overall - above average but will be excellent once staff is fully trained.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — It was fairly difficult to book day trips etc.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 29, 2008

I just returned yesterday! I found this hotel while in Bangkok by just surfing the internet and looking for 4 or 5 star properties. I was extremely nervous about this last minute planning but breathed a huge sigh of relief once I arrived!! I was greeted by name as I got out of my taxi and given a cold fuit juice, orchid lei and cold washcloth. I was also lucky enough to be upgraded (free) from a seaview room to a pond view. Although the views from the seaview rooms up on the hill are better, as other reviewers said, it's a bit of a hike. The pond view overlooks the gorgeous grounds and is right behind the pool essentially. I can't say enough about how beautiful this hotel, pool and grounds are. The pool is amazing, infinity edge overlooking the Andaman Sea. Other reviewers are correct, you can't reall swim right off the beach here, but you'll see if you go, it doesn't matter one bit.

The food is delicious, but not as inexpensive as in Bangkok or off the resort, but I don't think the prices are outrageous. I think I paid around $7 for a big plate of pad thai for lunch. Beer is maybe $4 at the pool bar.

The spa is wonderful too. I booked a 60 minute thai massage. It was fantastic and cost about $30. The hotel can also book scuba and snorkeling excursions which are also reasonable priced, maybe $50 for a day including lunch. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to go on one.

Overall I would highly recommend this resort. The only drawback might be that it's a long way to get there. I spent about 3 hours in the car coming form Krabi airport (long delay at one of the ferries) and about 2 hours on the way back (took the speedboat, which they didn't offer as an option on the way down). But I suppose if you've come all the way to Thailand, you understand the time it takes to travel to wonderful places.

• Liked — The setting
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2008

Let me start by saying the only reason this review is not in the "terrible" category is because the landscaping and decor of the resort is spectacular. Also, the food has been great so far. However, I am quickly learning that even if you are staying in paradise your experience there can ruin your appreciation for the atmosphere.

We arrived here yesterday, March 18th, late in the afternoon. After a windblown and watersoaked speedboat trip to the hotel (which I guess you should expect when riding on a speedboat), we arrived at the beautiful Langham Resort. Immediately, I was blown away by its beauty. Arriving via the beach was quite an impressive way to first experience the hotel. We were checked into our room and received a ride to our room at the top of the hill from one of the many golf carts cruising around the property. This was nice, as it is a bit of a walk up the hill. By the way, I am an avid hiker and did not mind the walk up the hill, but if you are staying up there, no worries about the walk because all you have to do is call the front desk and they send someone in a golf cart up to your building.

We entered our double sea view room (room 715) and I was thrilled that we were on the top of the hill and on the top floor because the view is spectacular. However, within a half hour of our arrival, we noticed ants crawling all over the desk/tv stand. We called the front desk to notify them of this problem and they quickly sent someone to the room with some bug spray. She sprayed everything down and it appeared that the ants had come from the "welcome gift" which was some fruit. So, after this was taken care of we assumed the problem was resolved and went about unpacking. A short while later, I spotted more ants in the bathroom, again sprayed (she left the bug spray with us), but as the night wore on, we had to repeat this ant killing mission another four times as ants started appearing above our bed, around the corners on the walls and again in the original spot. By the next morning (today), the ants found some gum I had and raided the package. We also found a few crawling in our suitcase and decided that this was no longer acceptable.

We went to the front desk to ask what they thought should be done about the situation, as the room appears to be infested (because we found them in several locations throughout the room) and they kindly offered to check and see if another room was available.

When we returned this afternoon from our excursion, they said that they could move us to room 621, so we quickly packed up our belongings and moved to this room. When we entered the room, it was beautiful, of course, but when we opened the shades, we realized our view was now of the back of another room. We were very disappointed and contemplated calling the front desk to ask for our old room back and just deal with the ants, but after we opened our suitcase and realized a few of the ants joined us for the trip to the new room, we decided against this.

The reason I am writing such a long, detailed review is because I am an avid user of tripadvisor and find most reviews I read to be reliable and accurate. I want to provide honest, truthful information to other users and am so frustrated by our situation that I felt the need to write this review now, while I'm still here at the resort.

I understand that we paid for the room and not necessarily the view, but I thought that they would at least try to keep us in a similar area to where we were before. Now we have no view of the sea AT ALL, yet the room is advertised as a "seaview" double room. It is sad that the choice is between having a beautiful view, but putting up with an ant infested room, or having a horrible view but no ants (hopefully).

I know many of you may not care about the view because you do not plan to spend much time in your room (as I thought when I booked the room), but it has rained both afternoons that we have been here and we have spent a lot more time sitting on our balcony drinking a beer and looking at the water (but not anymore....I guess we'll be watching the road.

Also, on that note, if you plan to come here and have a few beers, I strongly advise you to walk about five minutes down the road to the 7-11 and buy them there to bring back to your room. It cost us 30bht ($1) for a beer versus 120bht ($4) at the Wave bar. Just a heads up on that.

Sorry for the longwinded review, but I thought it important to share. Also, I will add pictures of the room views later when I return home on the 23rd.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PlayAcrossAmerica
vancouver
Reviewed February 24, 2008

After a month in S.E Asia, we pleasantly ended our holiday at the Langham Place on Koh Lanta. It is a beautiful resort with ground level villas and others built up the side of a hill. The grounds are spectacular with tropical vegetation and many water features. There is a very large inifinity swimming pool and another one at the top of the hill. The beach is sandy with rocky outcroppings. We swam in both the pool and at the beach, also in the ocean pool which is reached by a floating pier. The rooms are very comfortable with all the necessities and the bathrooms are quite luxurious with the latest of fixtures and a tub and walk-in shower. Other comments have noted that the beds are slightly hard but we found them comfortable enough and noticed that this is the norm throughout Asia. There was fresh fruit in the room on arrival and replaced every day. The buffet breakfast which is included is to die for. Every conceivable dish and beautiful, fresh fruit is available. There are 3 different dining areas. The buffet dinner overlooking the beach is very good if not a little pricey for Thailand but surely not for North American prices. We also ate at the rooftop bar and deli at the front of the resort which was quite reasonable and very pleasant. There are also lots of local restaurants which are very cheap and ok. One night, we took a motorcycle taxi (200 B.) into the main town of Ban Sala Dan which has hundreds of restaurants serving fresh seafood. There are 3 computers for internet use. They are quite busy, however they are free which we only found in one other hotel in our travels. The highlight of our stay was the last night when we were invited for a sail on the large Chinese-style junk that is anchored off the beach. Apparently, they do this once or twice a week for longer stay guests, but if you have the opportunity, take it. It's a sunset cruise along the coastline with complimentary refreshments and most pleasant. We had arranged transportation through their website back to Krabi airport and were pleasantly surprised to find it was by speedboat to their private jetty on the mainland where we were picked up by a hotel van and transported to the airport. They even have an employee at the airport to help you with your bags and get you to the right spot. We found all the staff very pleasant, particularly the Thai manager of the restaurants and the resort manager, Melanie. We paid around $130/night before taxes and felt it was very good value. Koh Lanta is an interesting island, not quite so busy as some of the others which is what we like. Highly recommend both resort and island.

• Liked — beautiful views and lots of lounges
  • Disliked — nothing, really
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple