Me and my boyfriend stayed at the resort in February.
Firstly I must stress that we had a lovely time in Ko Lanta, and at the resort.
However; I have been fortunate enough to stay at a few 4+* star resorts before, and this just isn't one.
The grounds are beautiful, our room was big, pool was great, but there were too many inconveniences to call themselves a luxury resort.
The staff were mostly very helpful and polite, the big issue here was their English skills, which were very poor. You could not talk at all to the staff about anything other than the very basic things. Reception staff excluded.
The pool bar.. Don't go there. The price is ridiculously high, for very poor and boring food. And they don't walk around taking orders, they just stand by the bar, and you have to go make the order yourself. (Again, not a big deal, but for a luxury resort, a pool staff taking orders around the pool is pretty standard).
For lunch (and sometimes dinner) we went to the beach bar/restaurant about 30 metres to the left, lovely food and for a third of the price! And the staff's English skills exceeded Rawi's.
We never ate at the restaurant at the hotel, as other guests warned about the prices. I'm not opposed to spend a bit of money for a good meal, however, nobody likes the feeling of being "ripped off". Take a 15 minute stroll to Klong Nin beach (to the right on the street from the hotel), where lovely beach restaurants are lined up! :)
The bathroom in our Pond room was big and nice. (The beds are VERY hard though, worth to note).
However, a hair (mine thankfully ;)) on the showerwall was there for a good 8 days before someone cleaned it. So cleaning was not the best. Also the housekeeping was sometimes very late. We got back a couple of times around 5-5.30 to the room to find it had not been cleaned yet.
All in all, we had a lovely time. The grounds are lovely, the pool great, excellent breakfast, and so on, and we did not want to go home. A few things the hotel needs to sort out, but the place has great potential!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rawi Warin Resort & Spa offers a luxurious escape from the stresses of the modern world. Situated on 34 rai of land, into the foothills of the Koh Lanta Yai and overlooking the crystal waters of Klong Tob Bay, this beautiful, award-winning resort offers a choice of rooms, each with its own distinct style and ambience, numerous sports activities, superb dining options and private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Rawi Warin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rawi Warin Hotel Ko Lanta
- Rawi Warin Resort And Spa