I travelled to Koh Lanta alone for a weekend break.The hotel itself is very nice, the pool stunning and rooms clean and comfortable. If you're looking for a relaxing retreat, this place is perfect. If however you're looking for somewhere with a bit more buzz about it, then probably not the destination for you. I stayed at the end of September and the place was dead. I probably saw six other guests the entire time I was there. I arrived quite late at 10pm and was pointed in the direction of the restaurant. It was closed. I then returned to my room and called room service, which supposedly served til midnight, but nobody answered despite calling three times. I therefore ended up 'dining' on a packet of biscuits from the 7 eleven over the road.
I didn't bother with the breakfast because at 650TB it seemed extortionate compared to the rest of the menu and I didn't really fancy being the only person in the restaurant. I stayed for three nights and never saw another guest in the bar or restaurant in the evening, so pretty much stayed in my room. There's a few small bars and restaurants dotted along the main road but again, they were pretty empty.
The island itself is not overdeveloped and seems in its tourism infancy. You can book a variety of excursions, from scuba diving to elephant trekking, which are cheap and convenient. Be warned though; the hotel is two and a half hours from Krabi airport. The hotel arranged transfers which I would recommend as the journey also involves two car ferries to get to the island, so you need some local knowledge to get there.
Maybe I went at the wrong time of year, but for me it was a bit too quiet. I've read some negative comments about the staff on TA and I have to say that doesn't reflect my experience. Everyone I encountered was friendly, polite and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rawi Warin Resort & Spa offers a luxurious escape from the stresses of the modern world. Situated on 34 rai of land, into the foothills of the Koh Lanta Yai and overlooking the crystal waters of Klong Tob Bay, this beautiful, award-winning resort offers a choice of rooms, each with its own distinct style and ambience, numerous sports activities, superb dining options and private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rawi Warin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rawi Warin Hotel Ko Lanta
- Rawi Warin Resort And Spa