Tripadvisor
Ko Lanta
Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bucket list

I have wanted go diving for some time and only chose this company because itwas near to my room... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
johnmZ8011GO
Best Diving School in Thailand!

We have done our Advanced Water Diver with Andaman Divers and we had such a good time. Our... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Vera K

Recommended experiences in and around Ko Lanta
from $26.32
from $53.71
from $51.56
More Info
All reviews open water these guys great diving days diving breakfast and lunch great boat nice breakfast boat crew great company whale sharks koh haa hin muang professional staff fruit amazing experience three days whole team
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Very professionell people! Very good knowledge and very very nice staff!!!! I can really recommend this place for divers and specially if you want to do a course!!!!

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Wow! What a great experience. I was able to do my PADI Open Water in three days. Everybody were utterly professional but still very friendly. My instructor made me feel completely safe. She was calm, encouraging and strict enough to make us understand what risks are involved. The dive sites we were taken to were amazing. In fact I loved everything so much I immediately went on a full day of diving the day after being certified.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

Excellent staff and beautiful dive sites. Really great company for learning to dive. Fully recommend.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

My daughter and I were referred to Andamen Dive shop by my nephew from the previous year on his honeymoon. His recommendation was spot on! Owner Lisa took time to pick us up from our hotel and discuss what was important and appropriate for my daughter and I. We decided on a 2 day dive with 1 day learning equipment in a swimming pool. Our dive master Rem was very professional and patient as water is not my comfort zone!!! Day 2 was to Koh Ha for 2 (1) hour dives. They picked us up, served breakfast and lunch on the boat and of course took us to 2 epic dive locations. Once I got the hang of it I was blown away at how incredible the ocean is in real life. With constant supervision and care (which is what I needed, my daughter was a natural) we discovered lion fish, giant moray eels, barracuda, clown fish, puffer fish, sea stars and sea cucumbers just to name a few.
With their help and patience I pushed way out of my comfort zone and beyond happy I did! AMAZING EXPERIENCE
Look them up when visiting Koh Lanta whether your a novice, wanting your certification or a professional ⭐

Reviewed January 14, 2020

I have been a working professional Divemaster and have many dives all over the world. I have dived all the sites that Andaman visited with other companies in the past so I can make a decent comparison.

With 5000+ dives i think I know what 'good' - and 'bad' - looks like ..... and these guys are genuinely excellent.

Making contact and arranging my booking was very easy and Lisa responded really quickly and professionally (and answered each and every question i had) to my emails and queries. Many dive schools aren't too hot at the admin side of things, but Andaman were possibly the best I have come across.

The prices were slightly higher than many other countries I have worked or dived, so I checked out some of the other dive schools on the island and they were all similar or more expensive, so this is reflection of local prices rather than Andaman.

I was diving on my own, and hiring some of their equipment. The kit was all brand new and good quality branded stuff. I never saw an 'O' ring failure once.

Check in with Lee was quick and easy, nice bloke and very organised as well as fun.

They pick you up and drop you off at your resort and pickup is always on time. Lee even drives around and lets people know that the pick up is on the way!

By the way, in my typical fashion, i was not making all my bookings in advance, and Lee went above and beyond the call of duty in getting me on the boats, responding to emails and stuff on his personal email address outside working hours. I had my own dive guide for a whole day as he didn't want to put me in a group with more inexperienced divers. Full marks for that mate.

In fact, I never dived in a group bigger than three people per dive guide.

Their boat is good, clean and roomy. Lars is the Boatmaster and he runs a tight ship!!. The Thai boat crew are really good and the food is tasty.

On longer trips they often hire space on another dive operation's super fast catamaran. That is a great boat and takes hours off the trip time. many dive schools hire space on this boat so there is no need to try and find out whose boat it is. I did notice that Andaman usually had the lowest ratio of divers to dive guides.

The dive guides/divemasters that i dived with were really good. I dived with Tam and Tor (local Thai guys) who know the reefs well and have very good eyesight. I really had fun with them, enjoyed their company and they led the dives very professionally and well. Briefings were good too, especially as they were doing it in English.

On one dive, it was cut very slightly short as one of my group was quite heavy on his air consumption. Had we dived that same, quite challenging, site again Tor told me he was going to put me with another group so I could get a full hour. Very well noticed and professional of him.

I saw my very first whale shark with Tor!

Payment at the end was fine, everything was costed as described, decent discounts for doing more dives .... and i got a nice free Tshirt - thanks Lisa.

SO ..... Andaman are an excellent outfit, professional, friendly, competent and professional. Definitely a 5 star review. I cannot think of a single reason to not give them full marks, and I am not usually a gushing reviewer.

Thanks for the diving guys, good job and I hope to dive with you again some day!