“Nicest people in the world and fantastic food!”
Review of Beach House Restaurant - CLOSED

Beach House Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: CLOSED Permanantly. Visit our new restaurant in Chiang Mai, called Spices & Herbs Restaurant on Rachamankla rd. and we continuing to serve an expanded menu of scrumptious Thai, Thai fusion and vegetarian food. Follow us on google map Chiangmai also facebook : Spices & Herbs Restaurant We sincerely thank all our customers for s successful season. It was great fun meeting such wonderful people from all over the world. Wishing you all the very best, Meaw & Junie
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped in to Beach House Restaurant after seeing "Khao Soi" advertised on a sign out front. We hadn't made it into the northern regions of Thailand, and I had been aching to try traditional northern cuisine since hearing about it back home. We were in for a big surprise. Not only was the Khao Soi incredible - easily the best meal I ate during my entire stay in Thailand and I LOVE Thai food - but the couple who run the place were so genuinely friendly, sweet, and talkative that we ended up staying much later than originally planned. We enjoyed ourselves immensely! A Chiang Mai native, she does all the cooking herself and is simply amazing! Everything from cocktails to meals to homemade ice cream - it's all divinely delicious. He is a warm host who has lived in a great many places across the world and can carry the most interesting conversations for hours on end. The two treat their customers like gold, they really made us feel as though we were guests in their own home. They spent a great deal of time getting to know us, as well as on our scrumptious dinner. It was a wonderful experience and if we ever make it back to Ko Lanta, I'd like to eat there every single night! I give it my highest recommendation. Thanks again, guys! You're awesome!

1  Thank RoboticDiscoPuma
There are newer reviews for Beach House Restaurant

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We made a reservation, and with the reservation you more or less already decide what to eat. The Chef/Owner Jareephan is on her own, and the restaurant (beautifully located on the beach) is quite small. (Six tables?) She cooks with a great love for food and she knows what she is doing!
We had the best fried squid I have ever had in my life, followed by raw shrimp marinated in fishsauce and honey served with bittermelon and a green chilli/ corianderroot/corianderleaf/palmsugar and vinegar dressing. Wonderful. Then fried grouper with chillies and a sweet and sour seabass. We attacked it like locusts. Then a very tasty glass noodle pot with steamed shrimp. The glassnoodles were cooked in a broth i think, and some mushrooms, garlic?. I am still salivating. The decor is very informal but stylish in a beachbum way.

1  Thank Roelandf
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We were introduced to this quaint little restaurant by our friends who couldn't get enough of the fantastic sunset views and happy hour priced beer. After coming here the first time we were hooked. The owner/cook is the sweetest lady from Northern Thailand and she makes some of the best Khao Soi we've ever had. We originally came for the sunset views (which are stunning) and beer and kind of stumbled upon the fact that they serve some of the best food on the island. I'd highly recommend this little gem when you are in Ko Lanta.

1  Thank Tyrannosaurus_Ross
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We came for the sunset and location on a long beach fairly empty of the usual tourist clutter. We stayed for the food which was personally presented and enjoyed some great northern thai style cooking. They do khao soy, if you've had the pleasure then this alone will probably be enough to draw you here.
The menu is not huge but all the better for it. We had a delicious Burmese style curry which was just ready after having been cooked all afternoon judging by the tenderness of the meat. It had a good chilli heat that had been properly cooked in rather than added at the last minute. Proper home cooking!
Most meals we have had in the restaurants here in koh lanya in particular are just variations on a theme from a very large menu. The quality here is much higher, if it's on the menu then I think it will be good. The quantity of food was good as well - larger portons than street food stalls so actually probably about the same value for money in the end. (meals were about 150 to 200 baht).
The beer was a little cheaper than the average as well which is always a bonus.
Unfortunately we leave koh lanta tomorrow but otherwise we would be back for lunch and more.
The location doesn't seemed to be marked on TripAdvisor as yet but it at the southern end of klong tob beach. When you drive south from long beach you will know it as the road is very close to the beach and there is very little development either side of the road. A few shops and fishermans boat. A long beach and a few trees. The beach is probably a nice place to spend the day but unfortunately we sped past earlier in the day en route to other destinations.
One suggestion - a smaller (cheaper) portion of calamari would be an excellent way to draw in the sundowners like us. After swimming in the sea I always want something crispy, fishy and salty with a sunset beer. Bliss.

1  Thank Roger W
Reviewed December 15, 2013

THE place to enjoy a beautiful Lanta sunset. The owners are the nicest couple. So welcoming. They even reopened after closing to pffer us a nice cold beer. In pre cooled glasses. Perfect after a day on the beach. The fingerfood is amazing. The calamares were finger licking good. The tamarind sauce they serve with the fried tofu was probably the best sauce I ever had. The combination of the view, the great hosts and the amazing food was the reason to write my first review on tripadvisor. Best of luck to Beach House Restaurant!

1  Thank JeroenNL1984