“SUP and surf!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Klong Dao Watersports

Klong Dao Watersports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Klong Dao Watersports is situated on the beatiful island of Koh Lanta,Thailand at Klong Dao beach. We have our shop at Noble House resort. Its a perfect location with no rocks or any other hazards in the water. When the waves comes this is the best place on the beach to be for SUP surfing or regular surfing. And we have the boards for you. If there's no waves you can always take one of our SUP:s and take a nice paddle and enjoy the scenery of Koh Lanta from the sea. We have windsurfing for beginner and intermediate level and of course we can give you lessons too. (Beginner level only)
San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“SUP and surf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My bf and I were surprised to see actual surf on Koh Lanta while we were there during the rainy season. The bf is a huge surf fanatic and had resigned himself to having a surf-less vacation since Thailand is not known for its waves. Surprise! Thank goodness the tall, blond Peo Pehrson was on Klong Dao beach with a variety of stand-up-paddle boards, foam surf boards, and regular surf boards. We rented from him two days in a row for around 4-6 hours total. He gave us a small discount for getting multiple boards and for staying more than an hour - bless his heart!

The bf was so happy to get to try surfing a SUP on glassy waves with no crowds. He had only regularly surfed standard boards before. I was happy to try surfing on a good beginner's board in water that didn't require a wetsuit for once. I tried the SUP for a little bit but then switched out to a foam surf board to try to really catch waves. Peo speaks multiple languages, including fluent English. He was full of positive encouragement and on the second day, he encouraged me to try a different board to see if that would help me learn to surf more quickly. Of course, he was right. His beachy lady assistant was also super sweet and, honestly, drop dead gorgeous. She made me want to have dark hair and great legs so badly. By the end of the second day, I was repeatedly catching waves and standing all the way up on my surf board! The bf was also catching nice long rides on the SUP.

The great thing about SUP is that you can paddle around past the break on calm water, or, like my bf did, surf it in the waves like a long board. So many options. SUP is also a good family friendly activity on calmer wave days. I had a blast and would highly recommend renting a SUP or other type of board from Peo! Oh, by the way, Peo rents boards out of the Noble House Resort aka there is a bar and bathrooms nearby if you need them. He will also put your bag in his secure storage area, or keep an eye out for you on the beach if you prefer to leave it there and he isn't planning on getting in the water.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Kathryn M
KlongDao_Watersports, Owner at Klong Dao Watersports, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thanks a lot for the first review of Klong Dao Watersports. I hope and strive for that all reviews should be this positive. Future guests will not find a tall blond Peo but they will find a tall brown haired Peo. Everything else this guest mentioned, you will find for sure. Best regards Peo Pehrson