All reviews pool side thai boxing cleaning staff cleaned every day suite lanta resort kitchenette thailand beaches ko scooter
Reviewed April 3, 2017

We LOVED staying here. Christian and Camilla, Joy and the team bring so much love and passion to this place since taking over in early 2017. The views from the (pool facing) rooms are stunning and include sunsets almost every day - weather permitting. The pool is large and perfect to do some laps or just have a little dip, the restaurant food is of good quality and the team do their best to fulfil every wish, from getting laundry done on the same day to organising a pool party, to stocking up on the favourite drink, cleaning the room and replacing towels every day - the team is on top to make this a really comfortable stay. The rooms themselves feel spacious and modern, calm and cosy at the same time and have all the amenities one needs, including kettle, fridge and fully working Air Con. Most rooms have a balcony as well. All in all a really lovely experience and we've tried a few places around Long Beach area over the months. Thank you again for everything. See you next year for sure :-)

Room tip: Choose the sea view rooms - it's worth it!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Christian M, Chef at Lanta Sport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

This made me very happy =) Thanks for the nice words and I would love to see you here again next year!
Thank you and I hope you are having a good time! =)

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Top 3 pro's:
- Price
- Food
- Service

Top 3 con's:
- Cleanliness
- The pathway from the main road to the hotel is dark and muddy
- Reliability of electricity and wifi

Overall review:

We arrived on a stormy Monday evening having booked the hotel earlier that day. Our transfer bus from the airport wasn't willing to drive up the mud road to the hotel so we had to walk it, needless to say our feet and bags were covered in mud and it wasn't the best introduction.

Got to check-in and they didn't have a record of our reservation as they'd not had electric for most of the day, but I showed my confirmation e-mail and they were happy to check us in. We got a friendly welcome and were shown to our rooms. The staff were happy to clean our shoes and bags which was a nice touch.

Our first room was a 'Superior' room. We took one look at it and decided immediately we weren't going to stay. There were bugs in the room because of the cracks in the windows/door, the bathroom was like something from a horror movie and the room itself was just damp and uncomfortable feeling. I went straight back to reception and was offered an upgrade to a Deluxe Room was 1500THB per night (£35/$44) which I refused. We managed to get the price down to 400THB per night (£10/$12) which I agreed to.

The deluxe room was much nicer so this is where we stayed. The room was a fair size, was clean on the surface (but could do with a deep clean to make it actually clean), had a nice shower and a comfortable bed. It was 'cleaned' daily but to be honest most days that just involved a quick sweep and dust of the surfaces. Bed sheets was changed once but the new covers had marks on them.

We spent most of our days by the pool, it was comfortable, the parasols weren't the cleanest so ensure you put your towel over them. The pool itself was clean and nice to swim in.

Service was good, the staff were all really friendly and happy. They're by far the best feature of the hotel. We ate here for lunch a few days, food was always really nice whether you had something Thai or something western. I'd recommend the sandwiches for lunch! Prices were really reasonable too. Drinks were cheap (£1/$1.20 for a coke, £3/$3.50 for a very large glass of wine), however they did run out of both wine and coke by our last day (maybe we drank too much!!). One thing I did notice is that my wine glass from my first day by the pool wasn't removed from where I left it until day 4!!!!

Free wifi was good when it worked but I found it to be a constant struggle to get it to work so overall found it rather unreliable. We also experienced half a day without electric with no apparent reason why - the weather was good. I think it's a regular occurrence as the staff just treated it like a normal thing to happen and didn't appear to have any urgency to fix it.

Location was ok, a few bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity and it's a short walk to the Lanta Animal Rescue centre which I'd recommend visiting. Other than that, everything is a tuktuk ride away but they're cheap enough and all part of the experience!

The hotel has a long way to go before I would recommend it, I can't say I'd return in it's current state. There are a few good things but the bad far outweigh them, and based on the shocking state of the first room we were offered I don't feel I can score anymore than a 2, but it's a high 2.

Room tip: Do not book a 'Superior' Room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Christian M, Chef at Lanta Sport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2017

Sorry for your experience at the hotel. About the electricity so was the power cut a problem for the whole Island and not just for the hotel. I appreciate your feedback and I will think of how we can do things better. And we are working with the dark road and it is now light up by 10 lamps along the road. I hope you noticed it before you left =)
But we have more work to do =)
Best regards
Christian Möller

Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

A decent place to stay if you are training Mauy Thai, as the gym is on site, making it very convenient to even do two classes a day. The pool is great for lap swimming, however could use more shade. You get discounts on the hotel if you do walk in booking (vs online booking).
Breakfast is a set menu. The Fruit and yogurt was great and your best bet.
It took us a few days to get the staff to clean our room or at least replenish stuff. If you ask they are more than willing to get what you need or clean your room. I think there is confusion between long term staying people and short term, but it seemed to be figured out within a few days.
There were ants, which went away with Windows kept closed and no food left around.
The bed was very comfortable (best beds in Asia), room spacious, and balcony was great. Large fridge, TV was nice and wifi worked well. Some rooms had there living space bedroom split up and some had kitchens.
The family that runs the place was very welcoming. Overall we would definitely come back here again. Perfect for a long active stay in Koh Lanta.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Christian M, Chef at Lanta Sport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Thanks a lot for the review Sonia! I appreciate the feedback and I will make it even better till next year ;-)
Thanks for having you here and welcome back!

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

After some difficulties and missunderstandings at checkin we were offered a nice room.
Staff is helpful and nice, which was proven when one of our children turned sick.
Good food in the restaurant but a bit pricy. Very relaxing stay a bit away from the normal buzz on Lanta, but its just a very short walk to the mainroad.

Overall it was very nice and its a recommendation for Lanta Sport resort.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Christian M, Manager at Lanta Sport Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2017

Thanks for the review =)
We will work on the bookings so we don't need the problems at the check in. Hope we will see you soon again =)

Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

The road that leads to the hotel is a sand road and it was little muddy because of the rain and also a bit bumby. You might want to rent a motorbike to get easier around the area. We had a suite for our room and was very pleased with it. It was clean, very big and nice except for the beige sofa with some small stains on it. The balcony door from the living room was hard to open. The staff (specially Joy) was very helpful and friendly and the food in the hotel restaurant was very good. The pool was also great and we got pool towels from the staff every time we needed one. The hotel was nice and quite quiet even though it was high season. Yes we did see some ants in the hotel area but only if someone had dropped some food on the floor. With good cleaning I think the ants will keep away. Nice place for a reasonable price. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and Lanta is a beautiful place to visit :)

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank KristaK565

Thanks for the review =)
Yes the road is not the best and we will work on it during low season. Especially the bumpy parts. I will tell the staff and Joy that they are helpful and friendly =)
Hope to see you soon! =)