“Really Pleasant Stay”
Review of Twin Bay Resort

Twin Bay Resort
Ranked #21 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and had a lovely time. The pool and beach were fantastic. The room was basic but comfortable, although the bed was particularly hard! The place had a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. All-in-all good value for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our little paradise on the beautiful Kaw Kwang bay. I do understand that the beds can be hard for some guests. It is quite common throughout Asia to come across this. I do however plan to address this once and for all this coming low season.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We have just sadly left the resort after extending our stay to the maximum our itinerary allowed. The hotel is beautifully kept and the rooms have everything you could require. They are spacious and clean with great air con and a comfy bed. The 2 guys that run the hotel, Eric and John could not have been more helpful. Every request we had was arranged immediately and we were made to feel very welcome. All of the other staff members were also very polite and friendly. The food in the restaurant was great and priced equally with the other resorts that we tried. The location of the hotel could not have been better. It's on a beautiful beach with a large swimming pool surrounded by loungers and shade umbrellas (not always common in Thailand) and we were always able to get a space. It is a peaceful resort run the the highest of standards and I would have given it 6 stars if I could. I can only assume that the people who have given it less of a rating put in the wrong resort name by mistake!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guests

What a wonderful way to celebrate Chinese New Year with a beautifully written review. Makes waking up a pleasure and has set the tone for the day.

As with most reviews, the location steels the day followed up in a close second with the friendly service you received from the staff. They are the backbone to this little paradise and will certainly be informed of your kind comments. I am glad the food tickled your palette unlike a review shortly back which obviously it did not.

Wishing you " Gong Hei Fard Choy " Happy Chinese New Year

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a two and a half week trip round Thailand and I have to say this was my favourite stop along the way. The hotel is immaculate, grounds are well kept and the rooms really spacious.
The staff are super friendly and really helpful with all your queries and needs.

The hotel is a short distance from Saladan and Long Beach though would recommend a Tuk Tuk to get to Long Beach as it's a bit further along.
You would be hard pushed to find a hotel as outstanding as this one and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah D
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guests

What a lovely way to start the day. Opening Tripadvisor and being greeted with your kind words. Yes i do tend to agree it is an amazing place for all different reasons. Obviously we are gifted with one of the finest beaches on the island and having rooms no more than a couple of meters from it makes us quite unique. Again i am happy to hear the staff were friendly and helpful, they are the backbone to our continuing success.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in mid-Jan.
Our bungalow was very basic, and the bathroom smelt badly of mould. The room was also a little damp - when we left I discovered that the clothes I had left in my bag on the floor were cold and a little wet.
The menu is basic and the food is not the best we had in Thailand. It's a shame the bar does not stock any snacks, but the drinks selection is good.
The view of both bays is great, and the pool and pool area were fine.
I found the staff a little surly - the friendliest person on reception was the Thai woman; the Swede and the English guy didn't seem particularly bothered about customer service.
When we stayed it was mostly alongside Danish families, who are very polite and non-obtrusive.

All in all, fine for the price and location to the port - but our stay at Anda Landa in the south of the island really made it stand out how tired and in need of a little tlc this resort is.

1  Thank Steph P

Dear guests,

I’m sorry that the Swede (Erik), and myself, the Englishman (Jon), did not appear to be bothered with customer service. I can assure you, that we take the comfort of our guests very seriously, and we do make it a point not to bother them unless necessary. We do, however, encourage all our guests to point out and alert us of any grievances during their stay, as it is very hard to rectify issues we are not aware of, even more so after the guest has checked out.

I can only imagine your clothes and bag were cold, because you had the air-conditioning unit on, as we rarely get temperatures below 30 degrees here, during this time of the year. All of our rooms have a baggage table which, if used properly, would have spared you this uncomfort. As for the “dampness” of the floor, this is caused by said unit being left on at a very low temperature all night, and turned off as you leave the room in the morning. Much like grass is damp after a cold night, when hit by the warm rays of the sun.

We very much appreciate the point you raised about the lack of snacks in the bar. As a result, I have ordered my bar staff to purchase salted peanuts to serve to all guests who visit the bar, as of tomorrow. Obviously I do not want the bar to become a 7/11 convenience store and will not stock snacks for sale.

On to your restaurant remarks. I fully understand it is palettes for courses. Either it meets your Thai palette, or it does not. Please be aware we serve on average 70 dishes a day for at least 60 different palettes. Yes, there are better restaurants with more authentic taste if you wish to spend more, and anyone who has stayed with us will tell you we are more than happy to provide recommendations on fine wining and dining here on Koh Lanta.

As with all reviews, we value your comments and sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, to help us improve our service in the future.

Regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This resort has a excellent view on a large bay/beach. The managent/staff has some good english-speaking members (non-Thai) which makes it easy to ask things about the island and rent bikes or do trips.

The room was basic, but had all the comforts we needed like airco, tv, seperated toilet, big shower and enough room for suitcases.

The swimming pool was nice, only the small pool/whirlpool was a little dirty and unused. The massage in this resort is only 300 Baht for 1 hour oil massage, that's a great price and the quality was very good. In other "resort and spa's" the prices are mostly above 1000 Baht for oil massage.

Point of improvement, the floors in the houses was renewed and I think it was placed upon the existing floor. It looked nice, but if you went to the toilet you noticed the floor was higher and the toilet was very low to the ground. It's not easy to go to the toilet like this... Or get off the toilet...

1  Thank Nomadje
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review your stay with us. Again location features highly. I wouldn't swap it for a million dollars.

I am presuming you stayed in one of our standard bungalows when you mention the different heights of the tiles. We had the floor re-tiled last low season and because of the original construction it was easier to lay them as it was, rather than ripping out large sections to balance them out. We are in the midst of deciding whether to completely redesigning most of the standard bungalows during the next low season.

best regards

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We found this hotel by chance and initially booked for three nights. Our bungalow was on the beach- simply furnished but very comfortable. TV,ac, kettle, plentiful towels and good quality cotton bathrobes. The resort seemed to be mainly for couples and families (mostly Swedish during our stay - quiet and very polite). Bathroom was very big with a good shower and bath - not luxurious but who needs that by the beach! Nice restaurant with good food. Lovely bar with a good selection of cocktails. We didn't have a chance to try out the beach barbecues as they started a little early for us but they looked delicious.

The resort is situated at the far end of the beach and in the best location by far. The soft sand was cleaned every morning: not so further down the beach. This part of the beach suited us perfectly and was within easy walking distance of the town and lots of good restaurants. We hired a scooter for two days which works out cheaper than taking a tuk-tuk and is a fun way to explore the island. The staff were charming and the owner who is English was very helpful. In short, a professionally run hotel. We liked it so much that we extended our stay and would quite happily have stayed for the rest of our holiday but felt that was a little unadventurous!

Room Tip: De luxe room by the beach was fantastic but the garden rooms looked lovely too.
1  Thank Mintybutton
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. Unlike the last review i received from a disgruntled guests of a different nationality, your review rings music to my ears. It's clear we can't please everyone but we pleased you :-)

I think you have summed up Twin Bay in the correct light. Not luxurious but who needs it when you have the beautiful beach directly outside your door. We have never aspired to be more than we are, a casual 3 star in a 5 star location.

You said you wanted to be more adventurous which i understand but i also know that once you settle in it is hard to leave.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We booked a Standard Room for three nights and were very satisfied with what we got. :) The staff ist really friendly and helpful. On the second day we decided to extend our stay for 4 more nights and got a really nice bungalow close to the beach and pool. Breakfast could vary a bit more, but is still quite good. I would recomend the sticky rice with mango in their restaurant-it's DELICIOUS! :) The resort is very clean (i.e. new towels every day (even for the pool)), it's very quiet at night,from 9pm till morning are two securities on patrol and it's directly located at the beach. Within 5 mins by tuctuc or scooter you're within the centre with all the nice shops,restaurants and bars.
We liked it so much,that we are definitely coming back! :)

Room Tip: Try to get a bungalow at the beachfront!Nice view and really worth their price!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guests

A lovely way to start the weekend reading your review of your time with us. Mango and sticky rice is very popular and i must admit i am partial to a plate or two. I agree the breakfast could vary a bit and will work with the chef to find alternative dishes for various days of the week.