Layana Resort and Spa
Twin Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$28
$27
$84
$72
Hotels.com
$100
$60
Agoda.com
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$46
$36
  • Breakfast included
$27
$25
Agoda.com
Baan KanTiang See Villa Resort(Ko Lanta)
$133
$124
Agoda.com
SriLanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$37
$31
  • Breakfast included
Narima Bungalow Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$35
$32
Agoda.com
Lanta Castaway Beach Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$48
$47
Chaw Ka Cher Tropicana Lanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
$59
$43
1,607 results
All reviewstides restaurantgarden pavilionpillow menusunken bathsands barsundowner cruisecoco locooperations managerbeach suitekrabi airportour honeymooncold towelsfruit kebabspool staffice cold waterlow seasonflower garlands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2007

We stayed at the Layana for 10 nights in November. It is difficult to expand on other reviews of this hotel and in our opinion the Layana undoubtedly deserves top spot in the Ko Lanta hotel rankings. From the minute we were greeted by hotel staff at Krabi airport through to our return 11 days later (where hotel staff completed the check-in on our behalf - it seems this a formality Layana's guests should not be troubled with!) everything ran smoothly and nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel has been beautifully designed to allow peace and tranquility whether in your room, around the pool or on the beach. The staff were both gracious and attentive, and language was not an issue. Excursions were excellent, which for us included the Sunset cruise, Ko Rok and 4 island snorkelling trips and the trip to Phi Phi. We also hired a 4 wheel drive for the day, organised at the drop of a hat by the hotel (very inexpensive), and enjoyed a day exploring the rest of Ko Lanta.
We would like to thank Michael (Hotel Manager) and all the staff for making our stay so memorable. We only hope it's not too long before we're able to return for another piece of paradise!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anythingbutwork
Reviewed January 20, 2007

My partner and I together with two friends have just returned from a six night stay at the Layana. We had a totally fabulous time. From the moment we arrived by the hotel speedboat Michael and all the staff at the Layana did their very best to make sure our stay was wonderful. The resort is quite small and that is part of the reason it is so good. The rooms are spacious and well set out, most of them overlooking the lovely lawn and gardens. The pool area is great and the infinity pool a real treat to cool off from an arduous sunbathing session. The beach is not the nicest in Thailand but it is clean and the sea is a nice tempreture. The Layana restraunt is very reasonably priced. For a resort of this standard they do not rip you off and we ate there for either lunch or dinner most days. The staff really do make the place. The staff in both the restauraunt and at the pool were very attentive but not intrusive. You had immediate attention when you first sat down to order a drink or food and also when you arrived to choose your sunlounger for the day. If you made any attempt to move your sunlounger or put up the sun shade there was a mad sprint across to you and it would be done in an instant. The complimentary catamaran was good fun. My partner got a heavy cold while we were there and I went to reception to get him some medicine. They did not have anything suitable but within the hour the staff had gone to the chemist in the town and bought some medicine and brought it to us. I was really impressed and thought that showed a real attention to making sure the guests were well looked after. The location of the Layana is good and a short walk up beach takes you to several bars and restaurants which are lively and do cheap beer and food. Mr Wee's does good pizza and drinkable wine. I would highly recommend The Layana and Ko Lanta. This was my 5th visit to Thailand and I would definately say that the Layana was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in Thailand. I would go back in an instant.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank angelamtaylor1
Reviewed December 31, 2006

Layana resort is a hotel which is very romantic. We went there for our honeymoon from 15 - 23 december. The service in this hotel is outstanding. We were staying in beachsuite number 3, the best spot. Because.... just in front of the beach and next to the swimming pool. The suite was beautiful, big, with a great bathroom with sunken bathtub and a very nice outdoor shower. The staff is very friendly and although their english isn't outstanding they always try to have a short talk with the hotelguests. The menu in the restaurant is good as well for diner and lunch, the price quality of the food is good, the wine is more expensive but that's the case in most of the better hotels. And if you want to have a cheaper night you can walk along the beach and eat there with your feet in the sand. Koh Lanta is a very relaxed island, with not so many tourists. So if you like to relax we would surely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
10  Thank LindaSchilder
Reviewed December 17, 2006

All the other reviews cover this excellent resort very well and accurately.

We took a one year old baby here and stayed in the De-Luxe Beach Suites which have their own vistas above. Given the location of these, i.e. a little set back, I would probably opt for the slightly cheaper Beachfront bungalow which is closer to the beach and has a better view.

The staff could not do enough for us and the baby. Its true to say this is a quiet resort but I guess that’s exactly what the people there wanted, us too.

I would think twice about taking older children or teenagers as there isn’t much for them to do really.

Take a walk down the beach for some of the basic restaurants / bars which are packed with character and are very reasonably priced. The food here was excellent too, we selected our fresh seafood from a display and it was barbecued for us.

The rooms have some herbal repellent sprays in the mini-bars. Don’t wait until your bitten like us, put some on as soon as you arrive !!

The restaurant has an extensive menu and specials each evening.
The cocktail bar is a wonderful place to watch the dramatic sunsets which you won’t forget.

We had several visits to the Spa and this was also a wonderful and relaxing experience.

We will definitely return back to this true piece of paradise, I just hope the whole island does not become too commercialised.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank nocky_reynolds
Reviewed December 11, 2006

Layana deserves it's #1 rating it has everything you would want for the perfect vacation. It really is heaven on earth. By this stage you will have read other reviews about the location, grounds, staff and food., believe it all Layana excels in all departments!!
I think what sets Layana apart is it's staff, they are so friendly, kind and genuine, they have such happy, smiling personalities that it's contagious! One example of their kindness is when I was at the spa and I had been badly bitten by mosquitoes in Bangkok so after my massage the therapist went and got balm and rubbed it on all my bites and then gave me the balm to take with me.
If you are looking for the dream vacation to just chill in beautiful surroundings and be waited on hand and foot, pick Layana

10  Thank quinnio