“fantastic”

Layana Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were here in November 2010 and we booked this hotel over sheraton Krabi, due to the fantastic reviews.
We were 100% satisfied with the service from friendly personel, food was good, location and on site dive school where we completed our Open water dive course.

We were totally satisfied here and can only add to the positive ratings.
We were so happy we are returning here November 2012 with friends.
Thank you Layana staff for one of the best holidays we had.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Bellafiora
Write a ReviewReviews (1,544)

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just as others have said this is an excellent resort and, at least in the low season, it is very good value for money. I really liked the garden settings room we had and glad that I did not pay for ocean front.

Perhaps by way of saying something slightly different I make a couple of comments on peripheral matters. Fristly I find there is no problem driving around rural Thailand so quite recommend it, this gives you lots of freedom to explore the island and in our case after a week on Ko Lanta we drove around to Phuket and continued the exploring. Car Pick up in Krabi airport and drop off at Phuket airport. I did this with Budget, not saying this is the cheapest but certainly no problems with car or service and they also have GPS available (in English or Thai) so finding most anything is a breeze.

I also went diving with the team at the resort - Phoenix Dive and was really impressed. While quite relaxed Dave is extremely professional and made the whole experience a pleasure. I have been diving on and off for 25 years and perhaps a bit more cautious as I get older, when I learnt that Dave was a navy and commercial diver prior to becoming a recreational dive instructor I felt very secure. I have a fair bit of experience in the aviation industry and know that there is nothing like standard operating procedure to keep things safe. Phoenix is a professional operation that I am happy to recommend.

Finally I looked and compared the weather/ocean details at Phuket and Ko Lanta for a month or so and note that in general the wave heights in Phuket are higher (and the beaches closed to swimming more often) on the other hand the water in Phuket is clearer (at least at Kata Noi where I did most of my swimming). BTW clearer does not mean less polluted, it is just there is a fine sandy silt in the water at Lanta. In the monsoon season lots of rubbish is washed up on the beaches in both places. Layana staff clean up the beach however.

No place is perfect, but Layana is very close and we loved it and will be going back.

Room Tip: If staying in the Moonsoon season with constant onshore wind and often choppy seas +/- a bit of rubb...
3  Thank Sapphire_beach
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at the Layana in Dec 2011 for 6 nights. We were greeted at Krabi airport and transported by minibus to the pier where we caught the Layana speedboat to the hotel (approx. 1.5 hours in total). We were greeted on our arrival with cold drinks and towels and Stefan, the Manager introduced himself which I thought was a nice touch. We stayed 4 nights in the Garden Pavillion and 2 nights in the Ocean Deluxe.

One of the biggest positives for us was the lack of children and this was one of the reasons we decided to stay at Layana, together with all the positive reviews.

The food was truly outstanding. We were planning to visit other restaurants along the beach but we never made it outside the hotel as the food was amazing (even though it was a lot more expensive than anywhere else). Happy hour is from 5:30 to 7:30pm at the Sundowners bar and all cocktails/beer/wine are 50% off - this is a great way to start the evening. Breakfast again was outstanding - so much to choose from.

To sum up our experience at Layana - truly outstanding and probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in. There really was nothing we could complain about other than the weather! We loved it so much that we will be returning in Jan 2013 for 7 nights and we can't wait.

I think Stefan should be very proud of his team of staff who really couldn't do enough for us during our stay. If you are ever visiting Koh Lanta, the Layana is really the only place to stay - you won't be disappointed - we certainly weren't!

Mr & Mrs Price

Room Tip: In our opinion, the Garden Pavillion is beautiful - in fact we preferred it to the Ocean Deluxe but...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PerkyHarlow
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Quite place, very good standard of the rooms, excellent service

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed in Layana for 4 days in June,2012 and from the moment I arrived till the moment I left, it was a pleasurable stay.The staff exuberates a sense of warmth and hospitability that is unheard of and they do take customer feedback very seriously.
I had 1-2 small issues with the room which were taken care within minutes. Food buffet was excellent specially at breakfast and cleanliness throughout the resort was world class.

Guest Rooms manager Kanin was helpful and friendly and all the other staff were also polite. Rooms are top notch and infinity pool is something not to miss a single day.

I would recommend this resort to all the couples and whoever is looking for a quite, peaceful holiday having world class luxury and breathtaking scenery at their disposal.

Abhishek Shrivastava.

Room Tip: Allways chose pick-up and drop facility and if money is not a cosntraint, then book ocean facing roo...
2  Thank Abhishek S
Reviewed June 26, 2012

One of the finest Hotels in the world.
Customer service, location, design & the whole experience. We were even invited to the staff sports day & had a fabulous time !!
The staff open their hearts to you & you feel the warmth.
A fantastic experience.

Room Tip: All rooms good, but the more expensive ones are nearer, or on the beach.
2  Thank johnck104
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have just returned from a week at the beautiful Layana resort, and have to say this is easily the best hotel I have ever been to.I have been fortunate to travel all around the world, and have never stayed anywhere that comes close to the Layana

From the minute we arrived until the day we left, we were treated so well by the team of very professional staff

I don’t like hotels that are too pretentious or overpriced for no apparent reason, and the Layana certainly isn’t any of these

The rooms are fantastic, with everything you could need, and of a very high standard.

The beds are really comfortable, with a pillow menu option which was great. The room had a flat screen TV with a great choice or satellite TV, DVD player and a great mini bar with high quality products

The bathrooms are luxurious with sunken bath and separate shower, with quality toiletries replenished daily, bath robes, slippers and high quality fixtures eat mini bar. Bottled water was supplied free of charge. I could not fault our room at all

The pool area was perfect, with a fantastic pool overlooking the sea, and staff who consistently filled your water and brought you anything you needed. The sun loungers and umbrellas supplied were all of a high quality

The hotel facilities were great. The library had magazines, books, dvds which you could take to your room, computers with free internet access. The gym had great equipment and the spa offered fantastic treatments in beautiful surroundings

There is wifi available throughout the hotel which is great if you have your own laptop/tablet computer.

The hotel can organise day trips to local islands. We went to Phi Phi Island for the day on the resorts private boat which was an absolutely beautiful day for a good price. A day to remember forever

The food at the restaurant is reasonably priced and of a very high standard. The breakfast offer is the best I have ever seen, and cannot be faulted in any way

The manager Stefan is a fantastic and genuine host, who was always checking on how guests were and if they needed anything. It was fantastic that when we were leaving her came to say good bye and asked us for feedback on our stay-a really nice touch

Koh Lanta is perfect, and totally unspoilt. We went there as we didn’t want nightlife, noise and McDonalds...if you want that go to Phuket or some of the more commercial islands.

Some may say it’s too quite, and there’s not enough to do. We found it perfect!

This resort is world class and for the price we paid was exceptional.

I challenge anyone to go here and not have the time of your life

Thank you Layana, thank you Stefan and thank you to all the wonderful staff!

You made our holiday perfect and I hope to return to your resort one day

8  Thank richie247