“Stunning Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Please please please do not miss the opportunity to go here. Every restaurant will eventually get given a bad review, but not everyone has good taste, right?! :) Therefore, don't let the very few bad reviews put you off this place. Authentic and great value, with owners who know how to cook amazingly flavoursome Thai food. Try the fish Panang or the Pad Thai. Superb! I've been travelling Thailand for nearly two months and this meal is one of the best we've had. My wife and I are well into chasing the top reviewed restaurants all around South East Asia, and this place will stay in our hearts and minds as one of the very best. And what a bargain - best of both worlds, I say! :)

There are newer reviews for Kwan's Cookery

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We first noticed this place as the restaurant was still jam packed during a power cut, while all the other places remained empty and dark! I've been trying to find Khao Soi, a beautiful Northern Thai dish, for many years, and it's their signature dish, so I was over the moon to be able to learn how to cook it. You pay to learn how to cook by the dish, so you don't have to commit to a whole day's course, which is great as it can get quite tiring. I already cook quite a lot of Thai food but learned a lot of new tips and the end result was absolutely delicious so I think Kwan really knows her stuff. She's also fun and mischievous so you spend half your time laughing!

1  Thank Bee101
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My partner and I had a cookery lesson with Kwan, we cooked and ate 4 dishes. Kwan is so much fun, we didn't stop laughing the whole time we were there. Very reasonable priced and absolutely delicious food. With Kwan we created memories that will last forever in our kitchen!! This is not just a cooking school but a restaurant too, we extended our stay by 2 days just because we loved Kwan's food soo much!

1  Thank Rose W
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We got a recommendation from a friend and just dropped in to ask for a cooking class. Then next day around noon we already cooked there! The staff is very friendly and Kwan herself is a very happy person, kidding and laughing a lot. It was a very nice atmosphere.
The dishes we cooked were super yummy and so much that we returned for dinner to eat the leftovers. (Also great this was even possible!)
Pricing seemed complex at the beginning but you pay the menu price for the dish as well as a lesson fee for each dish.

1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The food is delicious especially their specialty dish from Chiang Mai. They cook it all fresh in front of you with beautiful ingredients, owners are very helpful with ordering and spice level. Great for vegetarians. Very very reasonably priced. Highly recommended

1  Thank jess_bailey90