“Excellent food in family setting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kwan's Cookery

Kwan's Cookery
Ranked #18 of 288 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food in family setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

After reading about Kwan's here on Tripadvisor I had to check the place myself and it was the best food I've had in a while. The Penang curry was amazing and my wife had a Thai salad with prawns and said it was delicious. The family who own the place are very friendly and very relaxed. When on Koh Lanta check this place out! You wont be disappointed

• Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Thai first
“If you don't eat here - your missing out !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is just incredible - Kwan is amazing - had a cooking class with her too - so friendly & just ate here every day !! Try the Phangang curry and spring rolls ! To die for - thanks for everything Kwan !! - Patrick

San Diego, California
“Quality food and large selections.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The chef at Pad Thai Rock N Roll told us about this place when we asked him about cooking classes in Koh Lanta. We ended up not having enough time to take the class so we just went for the food.
Our waiter (The husband) was very helpful with recommendations. We ended up ordering their special Chiang Mai noodle dish. I thought it was very good but my husband said it was just ok for him. I also ordered the papaya salad but maybe I just don't care for this dish. For some reason I was expecting it to be cold. The husband was great at making sure that it was ok to make the papaya salad authentically with dry shrimp. Although I didn't mind it, I thought it was very thoughtful of him to ask. Finally, I ordered the soft shell crab with garlic pepper. This dish has good flavor but it didn't have enough depth for me. It was fried so it got old for me very quickly. Maybe I should have chose a different flavor.
They have an extensive menu so you will have plenty to choose from. The portion was good and the prices were very reasonable for the quality. Although I liked most of my dishes, I wasn't wowed by it like the other reviewers. I only wish I had more time to give it another try.
This place is a little hard to find as I passed it multiple times. From Kantiang Bay it is about 15 minutes by motorbikes. It will be on your right hand side. I told Kwan she needs a larger sign on the street so Tripadvisors travelers can find her more easily.

Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Fantastic food and chilled atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited kwans restaurant after seeing the rating on Trip Advisor.
We were greeted by Kwans husband and a complementary satay chicken entree - delish! The Penang curry was to die for! Definitely worth a visit!

Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Great Food, Family Vibe, Really Dug It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Food: It's really good Thai food. Get the fish dish and the Chiang Mai curry dish.

Price: Maybe about $20/person if you order a lot including drinks. I think it's worth it.

Owners and Staff: Owned by a Thai lady and her husband from continental Europe. They clearly love the restaurant business and each other. They do a great job and take pride in their work.

Atmosphere: Simple place on the side of the main road. Not over or under done. Just right.

Tip: I think most of the restaurants with ocean views have average food and service--I only went to 2 of them and they are probably 150. If you are a person who wants good food and a good restaurant experience in Koh Lanta, I think you're going to need to go to Kwan's. I'd be surprised if there is another restaurant on the island that operates with this kind pride and quality.

• Visited October 2013