“Great hostel!”
Review of Non La Mer Hostel

Non La Mer Hostel
Ranked #13 of 229 Specialty Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This hostel is maybe one of the best i stayed in. The dorms are big, the free breakfast is a nice extra and the social area is very good with a lot of movies you can watch. The staff is also very friendly and helpfull. I can recommend everybody to stay here!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This hostel is as chill as the island it is located on.

Seriously.

Great environment, clean rooms and good location. Alot of small chill restaurants nearby, nearby a booking office if needed. A short walk to the beach as well. I made some cool friends here. I would definitely RECOMMEND staying here. I also learned about SOUTHEAST ASIA Backpacker Magazine through this hostel. They provide alot of great entertainment, and facilitate an atmosphere where its easy to meet peeps.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great hostel, brilliant location 2 mins walk from the beach , very very clean,free tea and coffee , free toast for breakfast , movie area, microwave, fridge,friendly bad very helpful staff. Probably one of the best hostels we have stayed in!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hey everyone , I stayed at Non La Mer hostel after leaving ''The Chillout Hostel'' which was a dump, and I was very impressed with the place.

1. The staff helped me by letting me use her personal mobile phone when I needed to call an overseas bank after loosing my credit card + the day I left i was very sick after soon dodgy dinner the previous night , and she looked after me by giving me some electrolytes and medication for the stomach.These are little things that shows the staff are genuine and friendly.

The hostel is the cleanest and possibly the newest I have seen during my thailand trip (although you do also pay for that...its not the cheapest place).

PRO'S:

- Good location
- Massive beds (I shared mine a few times during my stay :-p)
- Clean rooms
- Great movies in the social/common room
- Friendly service (all 3 women staff are very friendly and cute)
- They hire out motorbikes.
- Big modern bathrooms.

CONS:
- It was a little expensive , 380 baht for a 6 bed dorm + A/C that was only able to be turned on at night. I suggest getting the non A/C room for $280 Baht.
- .... no other cons. It really is a nice Hostel.

Thank you very much for the good times ladies ,
and thank you for your friendly service.

Adam

Room Tip: Get a non A/C room. Everyone said the fans did just as good job as the A/C...and its a lot cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at non la mer for four nights in total. Loving it so much staying an extra one night. The common area is fantastic, great pillows to sit on and a massive selection of movies if you fancy a chill out. Awesome cheap food across the street. We had an aircon dorm as it was the only one left, it was super clean and very well maintained. I would recommended non la mer to any backpacker looking for a good social environment!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

One of the best hostels we've stayed! The hostel is amazing and the staff is so friendly, lovely and amazing and helpful with everything you need. The common area is great with a huge selection of movies on the tv. There is a small convenience store, an ATM and some small restaurants next to the hostel and even the beach isn't far (5mim walk). There's a commom fridge, tea and coffe all day, and stuff like volleyballs, cards etc. which you can take to the beach or wherever. I really recommend this hostel!! We stayed there a few times and we had an amazing stay all the time!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2014

A good hostel . They have good rooms . Clean loos.Would recommend it to anyone . Great place.They have a great common place as well. A descent breakfast place . Staff could do with being more polite .

Room Tip: A good place to stay .
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo