“The best Thai around Thailand!”

Phad Thai Rock n Roll
Ranked #11 of 367 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phad Thai Rock n Roll is a very unique place on the roadside in Ba kantiang. It's run by the bass player of Koh Phi Phi's signature "Made in Thailand" who will cook for you from 11 am- 9 pm
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went there for dinner with two friends of mine according to the reviews on TripAdvisor;
We travelled around all Thailand, and this really was our sésame.
Food was gorgeous, the owner is so nice and you get to see the cooking, you get what you see, and it was really the best. Plus, it was super cheap! (ps: try the smoothies)
Cheers from Belgium

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Agree with all of the other reviewers. The owner/cook is so great, the place is perfectly casual in a unique way, the food is very fresh and home-cooked...and each place is 70 to 90 TBH. I ordered the "Curry Hard Core" with medium spice...I definitely would not want to try the full spice version...this was right on the verge of too hot for me, and I am not a spicy food wimp. The owner said he just passed his 1-year anniversary of being in business in Lanta, this guy needs to stay in business. Go here, help him out...you will be very happy you stopped by.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went to Phad Thai while casually strolling across the beach and onto the streets.... of course had read about the place earlier in tripadvisor....
Firstly as u approach the place do not expect a 5 star ambiance with ac and stuff, its nestled gently on a roadside, but the moment u occupy one of the seats in the eatery your whole experience changes....
Firstly you would be greeted with a warm smile from Rockstar Jaeb and his wife, and then you will be literally taken through a culinary journey to remember for a long long long time...
The menu card is very short and sweet, max to max 10 items on the offering as per I remember but those 10 literally will rock your world till u r at Koh Lanta.... simply mouth watering tastes topped up with the wonderful warm welcome from Jaeb & Co...
Hold on.... not done yet.... I have stayed in quite a few premium hotels around the world and have been to eminent eateries round the globe, and I can vouch for the fact that the shakes, juices and smoothies this place offers has to feature as one of the bests in the world... Try any to be honest, and if you have any preference of fruits just ask Jaeb and his wife for suggestions what to have :)

We stayed at Pimalai resort (known to be the best around the place) but could not help but take the walk to Phad Thai RnR during snacks / lunch / dinner (weather permitting)....
Thanks Jaeb & Family for the smashing food ....

1  Thank Siddharth R
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place was a surprise, just a walk down from the hotel we stayed in The Houben, and nestled in a very sleepy collection of small restaurants, cafes and shops. The owner is incredibly friendly and has created an awesome atmosphere with his restaurant, as vintage movie posters line the walls and rock music plays. We ate here twice during our four-day stay in Ko Lanta, and I had the best Thai food here during my Thailand trip, including Bangkok as well. The phad thai was good, but I am not a huge fan of phad thai to begin with as I don't enjoy sweet mains, but my boyfriend said it was great so I'll trust him ;) I ordered a passionfruit shake (can't remember the exact name) and it was DELICIOUS! Absolutely the best fruit shake I have ever had. The next time we came we had the tom yam koong and green curry chicken with rice. The chicken is incredibly tender and tasty (you can also request for chicken with your phad thai), and I wish I knew his secret. He tailors the level of spiciness to your palate, so for instance he served the tom yam koong for us first and watched our reaction and adjusted the spiciness of the green curry accordingly. This time I ordered the carrot shake and it was also very yummy - super refreshing and you can tell it is definitely freshly made, with loads of carrot pulp. Highly recommended - we wanted to visit a third time but couldn't make it cos of the bad weather when we visited.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We tried all four dishes over several nights and all were really yummy. Their shakes would have to be the best in town and they have an amazing number to choose from. If you sit out front you can watch the world go by and watch you meal being cooked right there next to you. Staff are friendly and easy going. Highly recommended