“Bad Breakfast”
Review of The Lanta Tavern

The Lanta Tavern
Ranked #136 of 307 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Description: The Lanta Tavern is a Western and Thai food restaurant, we offer great food and service in the heart of Long Beach. You can enjoy a relaxing beer by our pool side or a comforting meal in our garden. We also have very cozy bungalows for rent on a nightly or monthly basis, for more information on pricing and availability please call the number listed.
Dublin
“Bad Breakfast”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

When the breakfast came out it was not the most appetising meal I have ever seen. Eggs were cold one was hard the other soft. It came with 'real bacon'. It looked raw and like boiled bacon. How hard is it to make a breakfast of bacon & eggs??

• Czech first
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent western food”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We ended up eating at the tavern twice during our stay. Although the local food is delicious we had cravings for authentic western food and we went to the right place!

The food is slightly pricier at the tavern compared to other places but the portions are also much bigger. We had delicious chicken fajitas, ribs & breaded chicken when we visited. There is a Thai food menu also I think. Would definitely recommend for a food feed!

• Visited December 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Wholesome and hearty at the tavern”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant serves up some really nice food so I'm glad I made the effort to find it in a tuk tuk.

The portions sizes are very large so skipping a starter might be worth doing if you don't eat a lot. I however can consume an incredible amount of food so I didn't have that problem.

I highly recommend the pork loin! The pork was cooked in a garlic, onion and peppercorn sauce, which was very tasty. It was also nice to have some proper boiled vegetables, missed my broccoli and carrots from my UK diet. It was also great to have mash potato again.

My GF ordered the chicken breast with ham, asparagus and cheese sauce. The chicken breast was enormous! When cutting into it the chicken was under done, but when we told the chef, he/she soon rectified the issue and the dish was given another blast in the frying pan. Don't let this put you off going there as these things can happen.

The appearance of the restaurant looked a bit plain but I got the impression they put more effort into the cooking than the aesthetics.

Would recommend a visit for sure.

Bangor, United Kingdom
“great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my meal at the tavern, the food portions were large and the quality was amazing. The small dining room created an cozy feel without being crowded. One minor complaint would be on the portion of the fish options, which were a little small. Other than that it was a great time.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious and massive!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

If you're tired of all the lovely Thai food and need a bit of a break, this is the place to go to. The portions are ginormous and the food'd delish too! The laid back atmosphere makes it perfect for a nice chat with friends, and even if it's 20 of you, they'll accommodate you:)
Get the rack if rib and garlic bread. So delicious! Yum yum yum!