“Love, love, love Coco Lanta!!!! Great accomodation, SUPERIOR Service!!”
Review of Coco Lanta Resort

Coco Lanta Resort
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Chose to stay at Coco after personally visiting 2 or 3 other places on the island in the same price range. Coco was the newest, cutest and cleanest of all places in the price range and by far had the best staff/service. Probably the best on the island and by far the best service we received in all of Thailand!

The bungalow's are cozy (there isn't room to spare but they don't feel cramped) with spacious, clean bathrooms and a separated shower. At the time of our stay, each bungalow had a TV, fridge, AC and little, private porch and sitting hammock out front. All are a few second walk from the beach. Coco has a good restaurant and bar (with all kinds of fun drinks) that stays open all day and reasonably late at night. Vibe is chill - making all feel welcome. We enjoyed the infinity pool beside the beach.

Only downside is resort is located on a "rock" beach. There is still sand to sit/lay on if you desire but the waters are too rocky for swimming except at the highest of tides. (The pool was a fine alternative for that though).

Coco is located about mid-island - 1/2 way between the over-crowded northern beaches and the tropical southern tip. It's a quick moto ride from the popular north and right across the street from an excellent Thai restaurant called Qwans. There is a convenience shop on the corner of the driveway that can solve any snack craving and a travel agent right next door for those needing boat tickets or tour assistance.

If you don't want to deal with tour company's, you can book things through Coco too. The Coco staff is also very knowledgeable about your options and prices and, unlike pretty much any other guest house I've delt with my in SE Asia travels, if you can get something cheaper outside of Coco, the staff will tell you (we were informed we could buy a boat ticket to Phi Phi to Coco for 400 BHT, but if we went to a travel agent, we could get it for 350).

If that's not impressive enough, one of the owners, Att, was so wonderful that she gave us rides in her own car when we needed a lift from the boat pier and then again when we had dropped off our moto at a place that was many, many kilometers from Coco.

We loved coco so much we stayed there not once but twice during our time in S. Thailand, totaling 4 nights. (We left Coco to visit Phi Phi. Coco stored our bags for us while gone and even moved them to our new room and turned on the AC for us about 30 mins before our return!)

Owned by a brother, sister duo, Coco was just built in 2012 and had opened in Nov. 2012. (the new places are always the way to go!) They were working on some new bungalows when we were there (for families looking for a place to stay).

If ever back in Koh Lanta, we will def. stay here again. I recommend it to EVERYONE.

A huge thanks to Att and all at Coco for making our stay on Koh Lanta so wonderful!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderlustful18

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked this place bout 2 month before trip and was emailed saying my booking wasn't valid as it was including breakfast
Thought it was iffy so cancelled
Booked a place called banana garden and day before arriving on island they emails cancelling me
In desperation I went on booking. com and rebooked this place
Got to krabi and got on a long minivan journey that took forever and arrived here to what looked like a building site
I was sorely peed off on arrival but upon seeing my bungalow was amazed coolest place I have ever seen or stayed
Scenery amazing hammocks so cool
Beach divine
Tried breakfast in resort and was ok but mostly aye out as food here quite expensive compared to lots of other places
Shop just outside resort really cheap and does laundry
Did hire scooter for my stay here from reception and was cheaper than elsewhere
A terrific place to stay absolutely beautiful a cheap bit of luxury our week here cost less than £140
Would love to go back and would defo book coco again missing it already

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This resort is excellent. The rooms are clean, tidy and modern. The facilities are very good, pool amazing, and restaurant has great food. The location is brilliant if you are here in high season. The beach is beautiful and you are a stones throw away form more beach bars and restaurants. The staff were friendly and kind and made a lot of effort to improve their English. There is one very competent speaking English worker and the rest get the jist. If you are looking to relax in a secluded bay this is your place. I stayed with a friend in June (low season) and everything apart from freedom bar along the beach were closed. I would not recommend ko lanta in the low season unless you want to feel like you are on castaway island, however I'm guessing it would be great in high season. If you stay here you MUST go to kwans cookery restaurant opposite the resort entrance, it has the best panang curry I have ever tasted in Thailand. Rent a moped off of coco it is essential to see the island and only 200bht. Overall a great very chilled stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megankennedy130
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. The rooms are a good size with all you need, clean bedding and towels and good bathroom. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms, very cheap but good standard for price. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We booked one night this hotel as our first stop in Ko Lanta, and ended up staying three nights in total.

BUNGALOWS: The bungalows are just gorgeous. They're brand new (we were told by management that the resort only opened in November 2012), spotlessly clean, seal well to keep out bugs, and are well air-conditioned. The bungalows are small as noted in other reviews, but they're deliberately designed to be small so as to be Eco-friendly, and really, if you're spending all your time in your room then you really shouldn't be holidaying on a Thai beach! The bed was very comfortable, with new linen. The bathroom was large, clean, and didn't flood like many we've experienced. Each bungalow has a small deck out the front, with chair and hammock in the shade. My only two criticisms of the accommodation are that there is not a lot of storage space for belongings, and that at nighttime, and particularly when it rains, the frogs (or toads? Not sure how you tell the difference) can be very loud. Otherwise, I highly recommend the accommodation!

GROUNDS/FACILITIES: There is a lovely cushiony grass area under the palm trees, and then a large pool, in pristine condition, which overlooks the beach. These areas are beautiful in the morning and late afternoon, but unfortunately during the middle of the day there is a distinct lack of shade. This situation may rectify itself in a year or two when the garden matures. Fortunately for the moment, there are sun chairs and hammocks on the beach front, under large thatched umbrellas, and the beachfront restaurant has some comfortable areas in which to chill too.

BEACH: Many other reviewers have noted that the beach is very rocky - which is true, at low tide. If you like scrambling over rocks, finding hidden creatures, then this is the place for you! At high tide, I didn't notice the rocks at all. The water comes in a long way, and the beach is on quite an incline, which meant that the only way I could reach the rocks was to hold my breath and submerge myself. The rocks are really not as big a deal as others have made out.

LOCATION: We visited during the low season, and there was not a lot going on in the Khlong Khong area. Visit Kwan's Cookery across the road for some amazing food, or walk south along the beach to Freedom Bar for some evening drinks and games of pool. To see much more you'll need to either hire a motorbike or flag down a taxi, as it's a long hot walk along the road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool, but not quite at the end where the bar is located.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aLissAway
Reviewed April 26, 2013

New resort with new bungalows and pool but staff not yet well trained. It does accept credit cards, it was a problem when we wanted to book tours and the food at the bar was simply terrible. Khong khlong beach has a lot of rocks and so I would not recommend it to anyone. Khlong Nin is much better!!! - get a hotel there!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rupre
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would give this a rating of 4.5

The location of the hotel can't be any better. It's only a couple minutes away from the elephant-attraction and located right by the beach.

The pool is located almost right by the beach. You can sit down there and enjoy the sunset while drinking a cocktail. I enjoyed the pool even more than the ocean, since the ocean is not really clean and the visibility was horrible.

The restaurant is pretty good as well. They offer thai and western food for dinner and breakfast. The service is average and not the best. Sometimes it takes them a little longer than usual and sometimes they take the plate even though you're still chewing on your last bite. The price of the food is probably average. I found it cheaper than lots of other places.

I believe they say that there's wifi all over the resort. I stayed in a room pretty close to the reception and therefore I had fast internet. I heard from other people though that they don't get internet in their rooms at all. You'll find a wifi hotspot by the pool/restaurant/beach area though.

They also offer different services such as scooter rentals (250 baht/24 hours), elephant riding trips and post cards. I find the scooter rental really helpful. I rented one for only half a day and paid a little less. It's a great way to explore the island.

If I go back to Kho Lanta I would definitely stay a Coco Lanta Resort again. It's not that expensive and an amazing resort!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends