“great resort, friendly staff, clean rooms”
Review of Coco Lanta Resort

Coco Lanta Resort
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would give this a rating of 4.5

The location of the hotel can't be any better. It's only a couple minutes away from the elephant-attraction and located right by the beach.

The pool is located almost right by the beach. You can sit down there and enjoy the sunset while drinking a cocktail. I enjoyed the pool even more than the ocean, since the ocean is not really clean and the visibility was horrible.

The restaurant is pretty good as well. They offer thai and western food for dinner and breakfast. The service is average and not the best. Sometimes it takes them a little longer than usual and sometimes they take the plate even though you're still chewing on your last bite. The price of the food is probably average. I found it cheaper than lots of other places.

I believe they say that there's wifi all over the resort. I stayed in a room pretty close to the reception and therefore I had fast internet. I heard from other people though that they don't get internet in their rooms at all. You'll find a wifi hotspot by the pool/restaurant/beach area though.

They also offer different services such as scooter rentals (250 baht/24 hours), elephant riding trips and post cards. I find the scooter rental really helpful. I rented one for only half a day and paid a little less. It's a great way to explore the island.

If I go back to Kho Lanta I would definitely stay a Coco Lanta Resort again. It's not that expensive and an amazing resort!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The bungalows are small but are clean and tight for two but that makes it cosy. The pool is nice especially because the beach and water is not the best. The restaurant is good and so is the service.The staff is friendly and the spa is good.We stayed an extra two days here because of the atmosphere and the area.We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Great little Greek restaurant 15 minutes down the road.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

When we arrived at Coco Lanta, we had a very pleasant welcome, room not quite ready, but not a problem. The bungalows themselves are clearly brand new, and tastefully done out. I wasn't sure what made them 'eco' but the notice on the wall in the bedroom explains that it is due to the size - which made me chuckle. I would have liked to have seen a water saving loo and shower, if it truly were ecological, but probably good for Thai standards. The rooms are actually nicer looking than the photos (I'll add some later), with an OK shower, but really very nice looking bathroom. The bedroom itself has patio doors, which is curious, and the air conditioning doesn't extend to the bathroom, but is fine. The beds are clearly not changed daily, nor are the towels, but I'm happy with that, in my one woman bid to try and save the environment. If they were grubby, they'd change them then.
I can't say I'd noticed that the garden was in any particularly poor state, so maybe they've progressed since the reviews I had previously read.
The thing that I found let the place down was the appaling service in the bar. Don't get me wrong, the food and drinks were fine (pricey for the area, but cheap by UK standards), but the staff were more interested in watching the football than serving customers. On several occasions, I had to go to the bar and get the menu myself, then go and order at the bar. I'm not a spoilt brat, but they're paid to come and wait on the tables. My mark for the service is overall to include the ladies on reception and the cleaning staff, but would be lower for the bar area.
Overall, it was a very pleasant place, and I would absolutely go back.

Room Tip: All looked the same to me, but lower numbers are nearer to the beach / bar.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in 6 different hotels all throughout Thailand. This hotel definitely had the BEST sea view and most refreshing pool. Staff at front desk very helpful agreed. Restaurant staff not so easy to communicate with in English. Major problem was the bugs in this small room. Granted the bed was quite comfortable. Our entire soap dish in the shower was COVERED by ANTS. There were spiders and Mosquitos in the bedroom part. The staff came in to fumigate the shower as they claimed it was not normal. We asked neighbors if they had bugs, which they replied they use hair spray to get rid of them. Again the ocean view and cool pool cannot be beat but I would never sleep here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank laurieSue
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is how holiday resorts should be like. Wonderful (really wonderful) staff; mouth-watering food available all day (amazing shrimp tempura and great thai food); splendid pool, great, clean and practical rooms; nice beach a metre away; great staff at reception which can organise everything for you without hassle and with a smile; motorcycles at your disposal; excellent location; great value for money ... My girlfriend and I wanted to spend just a night there (after leaving the horrible, horrible Lanta Riviera next door) but ended up spending four nights as the place was exactly what we were looking for. On the second night there I asked the receptionist if they could put a candle on the desert that night as it was my girlfriend's birthday. She told me to consider it done. After our meal that night they switched all lights of the restaurant off and all the staff (even the kitchen staff) came out with a wonderful pancake singing Happy Birthday, which made my girlfriend shed a tear or two :) Coco Lanta is the reason why I would go back to Ko Lanta! Really wonderful experience. Thank you all!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

wie booked just two nights, but then we stayed long er (were lucky it worked). This is not only value for money, you can really relax. although it is fully booked it is still very chilled. What can we say. I would always come back!! I booked it because of tripadvisor and it is really a resort i would bring all my people to have a big come together!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank rawau
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My girlfriend had to spend a night alone in Coco Lanta, Koh Lanta because of a bad call on my part and to make things worse it was her birthday. I wrote in to the resort requesting the staff to send a glass of wine and a note to her so she won't feel so alone. Add (a member of staff) replied to my email very promptly agreeing. Next thing I heard from my girlfriend, the ENTIRE resort threw an impeccable, cosy birthday party for her in their restaurant-hut, complete with Thai birthday music, a slice of cake, wine, handwritten note as well as a complimentary shirt. I am deeply moved by this warm gesture, and believe that a resort that is willing to go to such lengths to make their customers feel so welcome must be a GREAT resort.

The room was amazingly cosy & clean, toilets clean and spacious, and the hammocks all around fabulously chill. Meals were had at the open air restaurant-hut overlooking a stunning sea, the rooms all set in opposite rows on the beach, and the entire vibe of the place was like a small village - close knit and very homely. I will definitely be back for sure.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends