“Feels like home...”

Galaxy Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #53 of 341 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We like to welcome you to our beautiful garden surrounded restaurant and bar.Here we serve Breakfast, lunch, authentic Thai food and western food as well as delicious cocktails, ice cold beers and other refreshments.The Thai food is cooked by our mum who has more than 50 years experience cooking Thai dishes. You will experience the Thai food as it is meant to be!!!!You will be able to try some local dishes as well, which are not easy to get anywhere else.All our meat, seafood and vegetables are freshly bought from the market everyday.For the people who are homesick and want to eat something else, something international perhaps? We serve great western food like big burgers, pasta's, sandwiches, salads and steaks. Our music consists mostly out of lounge and jazzy tunes... except for Tuesdays.... "Because every Tuesday we make party with live national and international DJ's".Welcome to THE GALAXY...!!!!! We Hope you Enjoy!!!!!
Reviewed October 7, 2013

So you arrive @ Ko Lanta.
You don't know anybody, don't know where to sleep or where to go.
You stop the scooter because you hear some nice jazz / soul tunes from a bar.
You go up there, you meet joom (who owns the bar), you get told where to go and get a good cheap room, you get good vegan food, meet nice people and you decide to spend every evening you have on this island in this particular bar / restaurant.

this is exactly what happened to me.

joom is so nice, her boyfriend mark plays really good music every night, joom's mum cooks with all her heart, you meet nice people there..
everything is so relaxed, this place makes you feel like you're home.

thanks, guys.
i had a really good time!

see you soon!
manuel

Reviewed September 10, 2013

When you go up the stairs you immediately feel the lounge vibe coming towards you. Right away you know this will be an awesome night. Though, it may have been low season, at the Galaxy bar (Fat Joe's) you really don't notice it at all. The owner makes fantastic cocktails, her mother is the best cook you will find in Thailand and her boyfriend plays good records. I can totally recommend this place.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wonderful owners who make you feel incredibly welcome. Staff go out of their way to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. Wonderful cocktails and authentic Thai and European food!

Sitting on the main road and slightly higher up so you can enjoy a nice quiet atmosphere.

Great music and they can cater for larger groups with ease.

Excellent advice given, fantastic English spoken by all staff.

Well worth a visit :-)

1  Thank l1l1
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Galaxy Bar is a little enclave of coolness in Koh Lanta.
The ambience is great with a bar area, very comfy chill out seating areas and regular tables for eating.
You are perched just up above with a nice view of the hustle and bustle of the road and action below.

A nice breeze blows through the open plan design.

The food is lovely and very well presented.
The cocktails are all freshly made before your eyes and all these treats can be enjoyed with some well mellow tunes !
I have spent over 9 weeks in Phra Ae and this is a firm regular..Cant wait to return for a very warm welcome : )

1  Thank ColinBigsy
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Came to Lanta on the 14th of july 2013. First time to Lanta, not knowing what to expect! I've heard Lanta can be very quiet at the low season and although I like quietness... this experience was very quiet. I stayed on Long Beach and for the first night I wandered around but not to many places where open. Had a meal here a drink there but It was (to be honest quite boring). The second day early evening I came across The Galaxy bar and restaurant. I've walked past it at the daytime wondering what it was (it looked very nice, very cozy with a lot of plants but it was high up and I couldn't see inside and therefore didn't know what to expect). Early evening time when it started to get more and more dark I walked past the Galaxy again now seeing all the lights in there full glory and it looked even more and more interesting than it did in the daytime. I decided to check the menu and to my surprice they weren't expensive at all (when I walked past in the daytime I thought they would be... I'm a budget traveller, sorry!). They had a wide range of (as so they say on the board outside) authentic thai food and some western dishes available. The thai food was between the price range of 60 to 130 baht which for me is a reasonable price to pay for a thai meal on an island in Thailand. I decided to go up and try it out. Damn... I regret I didn't spot this place the first night!! Inside: Beautiful (it's like a huge jungly garden with plants and cozy lamps everywhere). They have outdoor seating with a nice breeze. A pool/snooker table the size of Paris. And a nice little bar. Then the Food: They didn't lie advertising "authentic thai food". The amount of flavours in the dishes I had, (and I had many, since i've been eating there almost every day after the first night I came up), where amazing. Didn't experienced that in Thailand anywhere else yet! One night I graved for a burger and I also didn't get dissapointed there. Even during low season where there are not many people around and it can be quite boring The Galaxy bar and restaurant made my week!! If not for the food than for the company the owners gave me (it became a late night every night)!! I had a great time spending nearly a week here!! If you didn't try it you will miss out!!

3  Thank littlesambo